First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Uhg 🙁 just had the driveshaft replaced under recall on 12/27 after never noticing any issue, now there’s most definitely something wrong. Hope it makes it back to the dealer 🤬.
What’s going on?
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did mine. Took a little longer for the dealer to order some extra parts for the Badlands.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feels like the power steering went…pump?
And for anyone wondering, it’s been a garage queen and pavement princess (jeeers deserved) for 29,600 miles.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yikes.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uhg 🙁 just had the driveshaft replaced under recall on 12/27 after never noticing any issue, now there’s most definitely something wrong. Hope it makes it back to the dealer 🤬.
Care to elaborate on what's going on?

NM the rest of the thread just loaded

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just had mine replaced, no issues after replacing it, but the original did have a failed boot. Replaced at 58k miles.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had mine replaced, no issues after replacing it, but the original did have a failed boot. Replaced at 58k miles.
I was curious about your rig knowing you were way up there in miles.
its going in first thing Monday I’ll keep everyone posted. Things happen, this is what warranty is for.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was told by the dealer if I'm not hearing any noises coming from that area or experiencing any vibration that I would not need to have it looked at. If I have it inspected and they determine that the driveshaft needs to be replaced, they cannot release my vehicle to me until it is repaired. They said it would take at least 2 weeks to get the parts in. Also, this is not warranted a free loaner or rental vehicle.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by the dealer if I'm not hearing any noises coming from that area or experiencing any vibration that I would not need to have it looked at. If I have it inspected and they determine that the driveshaft needs to be replaced, they cannot release my vehicle to me until it is repaired. They said it would take at least 2 weeks to get the parts in. Also, this is not warranted a free loaner or rental vehicle.
That doesn’t sound right to me but I could be wrong. They inspected mine during routine maintenance and ordered the new driveshaft and installed it….all while it still sits waiting for the steering gear that was supposed to ship 2/6.
@flip was so kind to do some checking for me and apparently they ordered a long rack that has the inner and outer tie rods connected. He’s not sure why they just wouldn’t have ordered the short rack and tie rods separately if they were even damaged, which knowing how it’s been used is unlikely.
I dunno, but good luck deciphering your dealers speak.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I posted this before but this is NOT optional or do only if. Parts are readily available and can be ordered through normal channels, all they need is a VIN, repair order and mileage. Parts can be ordered ahead of time and vehicle does not have to be grounded. Repair takes a little over an hour to do which is about what the recall pays. Not sure I'd want to be a dealer denying recall repairs.

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1676635831516

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1676635941197

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Follow up. I checked with a different dealer a couple of weeks ago and was told to make an appointment so they would have time to order the part to replace it. I made the appointment for today which is two weeks after the call. Now they tell me they would have to inspect it first which would take 2-3 days and if they determine that it needs replacement then it would take another 2 -3 days for parts and replacement. Hummmm.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It takes about 30 seconds to inspect. If you have a torn boot, then they replace the driveshaft (although either way they are supposed to be replaced).

It took less than 1/2 day to replace it, and most of that was waiting to go into a bay. Don't let them feed you this BS. Also, while it took a few weeks to get parts in (backorder at the time) I knew that they were backordered.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It takes about 30 seconds to inspect. If you have a torn boot, then they replace the driveshaft (although either way they are supposed to be replaced).

It took less than 1/2 day to replace it, and most of that was waiting to go into a bay. Don't let them feed you this BS. Also, while it took a few weeks to get parts in (backorder at the time) I knew that they were backordered.
Totally agree, I took mine into the dealer, showed them the letter Ford sent me, they didn't even inspect the vehicle, they ordered the parts, when the parts came in I brought the Bronco in at 8:00 am and had it back by noon.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called the week after this recall/TSB, my service guy had the part in a week, and replaced it in a day. I dropped it off at 8AM, they Uber'd me to work, and back to the dealership to pick it up at the end of the day. Drove it home same day with a new drive shaft, no inspection or time wasted.
I feel like I got lucky with a good dealership/service center. I've had all of my concerns addressed quickly, and in a professional way.
Sponsored