Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda BS if you don’t get picked up for a MY22 you lose the price protection if you are a reservation after March 19, 2021.

Addict

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150 and 2008 GMC 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, when they finally offer me my color matched Mod top that I've been waiting years for it wont have its price protection applied? Seems lame and unfortunate. #Code 99 crew for life

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kinda BS if you don’t get picked up for a MY22 you lose the price protection if you are a reservation after March 19, 2021.
As long as you don't change your order and get delivered a MY22 model you get MY22 price protection. Which my guess would be the difference between the MY21/MY22 and MY22/MY22.5 but that is probably up to Ford's discretion.

So, when they finally offer me my color matched Mod top that I've been waiting years for it wont have its price protection applied? Seems lame and unfortunate. #Code 99 crew for life
Price protection goes up for MY23 as long as you physically went to the dealer and placed your order before 3/19/21. I think if color matched MOD isn't a MY23 option, then I think you are SOL. I can't imagine Ford offering price protection through MY24

Sponsored

harman112

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lemme get this straight, I’m a day 2 reservation holder and ordered an Outer Banks. When I got pushed back to MY22, I switched my build to a Badlands, but that was after the 10/1 deadline they’ve now put in place here. Does that mean I get price protection based on my original OB order? It sounds like I’m not getting price protection on my current BL build which is in production right now…

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lemme get this straight, I’m a day 2 reservation holder and ordered an Outer Banks. When I got pushed back to MY22, I switched my build to a Badlands, but that was after the 10/1 deadline they’ve now put in place here. Does that mean I get price protection based on my original OB order? It sounds like I’m not getting price protection on my current BL build which is in production right now…
Hmm you might be right about that since its based on original orders before 10/1, I would chat with your dealer and see if you can get the difference depending on your doors. I know Ford won't F around with the certificates that they give to dealers.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.
I wonder how many dealers will seek out the certificate and not pass along the cost.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that mean I get price protection based on my original OB order?
Yes. I am in the exact same boat.

Not switching trims before the reorder was a $575 mistake going into this week, and now Ford is turning it into a $1075 mistake. Kinda shitty.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, I ordered a 21 BD in Jan 21 then 99ed the order late fall. My 22 order is a Badlands so which price protection do I get? The BD I assume even though I had a Badlands ordered before the increase.
Whatever your order was on October 1 (right before the MY22 reorder, when Ford announced the first round of price protection) determines your certificate amount.

Ford did this in order to prevent people from setting their trim to max out the cert and then switching to the trim with a smaller cert amount that they really want. Unfortunately it screwed those of us going in the other direction.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever your order was on October 1 (right before the MY22 reorder, when Ford announced the first round of price protection) determines your certificate amount.

Ford did this in order to prevent people from setting their trim to max out the cert and then switching to the trim with a smaller cert amount that they really want. Unfortunately it screwed those of us going in the other direction.
gotcha, so I assume since my original order in January was a BD even though it was 99'ed around September that I'll get the credit for the BD.

Have we seen the 22.5 invoice pricing yet? This might still work out as an even higher savings for Granger/SAC folks that actually get their Broncos.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The way it sounds to me. If you update your order after yesterday. Your new order will reflect MY22.5 pricing. You will still get your full certificate if you ordered before 3/19/21. Your original order ( if you haven't changed it), should reflect MY22 price. Eitherway I think the certificates are going to be based on what the MSRP of your window stickers says.
That would be how I interpret it, but I'm not sure. I'd think you might be ok, since it isn't a package like what they mention, but who knows. Sas pkg isn't mentioned and I'm hopeful that won't ruin my price protection because I might want to change my order to include that on my BD build.

Was this email available yesterday and I simply missed it or how was I supposed to know of this hard date to make decisions?

I read and reread the eamil and the FAQ, because my dealer has not yet confirmed or even returned my call after messages were left requesting HOSS 3.0 be added, Tow dropped on my WildTrak order (reservation & order dates in signature)
I think those of us with current WildTrak orders, no VIN, are price protected even if it is added now (after March 7th)

Specifically:

How much will adding the HOSS 3.0 package change my pricing?
Adding the HOSS 3.0 package to an existing Wildtrak order will add $2,515 MSRP.
It is a simple feature and does not trigger a change in series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?

Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/bronco/bronco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/#What content is in the new HOSS 3.0 Package for Wildtrak?

Last edited:

javi_co

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read and reread the eamil and the FAQ, because my dealer has not yet confirmed or even returned my call after messages were left requesting HOSS 3.0 be added, Tow dropped on my WildTrak order (reservation & order dates in signature)
I think those of us with current WildTrak orders, no VIN, are price protected even if it is added now (after March 7th)

Specifically:

It is a simple feature and does not trigger a change in series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system.

Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/bronco/bronco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/#What content is in the new HOSS 3.0 Package for Wildtrak?
This is my understanding as well. I moved from High to Lux on the 7th without the MY 22.5 kicking in. Adding HOSS today hoping for the same.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Specifically:

Yes, I think because HOSS is an option it won't trigger it. But if you switch from BL to WIldtrack to get HOSS it would trigger mid year pricing. but either way you would be price protected if you ordered before march 19, 2021.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my understanding as well. I moved from High to Lux on the 7th without the MY 22.5 kicking in. Adding HOSS today hoping for the same.
Even if it does change, as long as you are a 3/19/21 order or earlier I beleive you would still be price protected either way.
Sponsored