ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if this has been posted. I remember reading somewhere that Ford was going to let customers know sometime in March. Anyways, just noticed in Ford Support that these are the current price protections for anyone who PLACED their order before March 19, 2021. There is also a note for orders placed after this.

Just a FYI for those that are scheduled and have not received a window sticker. It seems that all window stickers being made post 3/7/22 will show MY22.5 pricing regardless of when you reservation or order date was made.

2022 MY Pricing
Why are there price increases for the 2022 MY?
Prices change year-to-year to reflect market realities across all vehicle lines. For reservation holders and order holders as of March 19, 2021, we will price protect the 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped 2022 or 2023 MY Bronco.

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?
If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?
An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Will the 2022 MY Bronco two- and four-door offer AXZD Plan pricing?
Bronco will offer AZD (A = Employee, Z = Ford Retiree, D = Dealer) Plan pricing for all series excluding Bronco Raptor. X-Plan (X = Friends & Family) will NOT be offered on any Bronco two- or four-door models for the 2022 MY.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation or an Order Prior to March 19, 2021
What does price protection mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

Why is there no price protection for features and options listed?
Price increases for 2022 MY were limited to series and door type.

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to customers and the series offerings on or before March 19, 2021. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Everglades™.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

I have an unconverted reservation that was placed after March 19, 2021. Will price increases affect me?
If you convert by March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the initial 2022 MY pricing. If you convert your reservation after March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the most current pricing. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Official Ford link Here
Sponsored

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh... I didn't see this until today. Dammit. I really despise Ford in how this is all playing out.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh... I didn't see this until today. Dammit. I really despise Ford in how this is all playing out.
Do you fall outside the order range?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you fall outside the order range?
No, but I needed to commit to BD or BaseSas by yesterday, while they could still change my order to keep price protection. It looks like the universe chose for me... LOL. BD it is. I guess I can still make some changes to that model and maintain price protection, so all is not lost.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, but I needed to commit to BD or BaseSas by yesterday, while they could still change my order to keep price protection. It looks like the universe chose for me... LOL. BD it is. I guess I can still make some changes to that model and maintain price protection, so all is not lost.
Yea, I was in between BD and BaseSAS. After taking a 7MT BD off-roading the other day, i'd say it's more than enough for what kind of wheeling I will do.

I assume you ordered after 3/19/21. It does suck that you cannot change your order without affecting the price.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, I was in between BD and BaseSAS. After taking a 7MT BD off-roading the other day, i'd say it's more than enough for what kind of wheeling I will do.

I assume you ordered after 3/19/21. It does suck that you cannot change your order without affecting the price.
No, I ordered before 3/19/21.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the HOSS 3.0 will bump the pricing to the 22.5 increase on top of the HOSS?
That would be how I interpret it, but I'm not sure. I'd think you might be ok, since it isn't a package like what they mention, but who knows. Sas pkg isn't mentioned and I'm hopeful that won't ruin my price protection because I might want to change my order to include that on my BD build.

Was this email available yesterday and I simply missed it or how was I supposed to know of this hard date to make decisions?

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I ordered before 3/19/21.
Oh! Well the way I am reading it, you will still get price protection based on your original order trim level.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be how I interpret it, but I'm not sure. I'd think you might be ok, since it isn't a package like what they mention, but who knows. Sas pkg isn't mentioned and I'm hopeful that won't ruin my price protection because I might want to change my order to include that on my BD build.

Was this email available yesterday and I simply missed it or how was I supposed to know of this hard date to make decisions?
I Think it will be communicated to everyone on 3/9? or soon. I am not sure how the hoss package will take into effect.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the HOSS 3.0 will bump the pricing to the 22.5 increase on top of the HOSS?

The way it sounds to me. If you update your order after yesterday. Your new order will reflect MY22.5 pricing. You will still get your full certificate if you ordered before 3/19/21. Your original order ( if you haven't changed it), should reflect MY22 price. Eitherway I think the certificates are going to be based on what the MSRP of your window stickers says.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh! Well the way I am reading it, you will still get price protection based on your original order trim level.
yeah. I'm ok, but more upset if in the mean time someone figures out a better way for a 7 pin tow package to be added to BaseSas aftermarket. If that happens, if I change my order to BaseSas I don't get price protection. At least that's how I'm reading this info.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Their wording is vague but I don't think the Hoss 3.0 will bump it up to 22.5 pricing if you had an order/reservation before 3/19/21.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I have my updated order in for Hoss 3.0 and all my Dealer has to do is enter it, but I doubt it'll be done right after they open. I'm pretty sure they'll be swamped with updates and changes like mine.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah. I'm ok, but more upset if in the mean time someone figures out a better way for a 7 pin tow package to be added to BaseSas aftermarket. If that happens, if I change my order to BaseSas I don't get price protection. At least that's how I'm reading this info.
your certificate should be 2 door $2475 or 4 door $2075 no matter how you change your order since you ordered before 3/19/21

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

your certificate should be 2 door $2475 or 4 door $2075 no matter how you change your order since you ordered before 3/19/21

I hope you're right! LOL

"For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels."

This is the part that could eat up the price protection, if I switch to BaseSas from BD. Yeah I have the credit, but changing would open me up to paying more for Base in general w/ or w/out Sas. At that point, it would maybe make sense to keep my order and configure the BD the way I want w/ Sas added and maybe take off some other extras. Who knows. The way it's going, Ford will screw me somehow. Hahahahaha
Sponsored

Last edited: