ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I placed this order locally without a reservation because of the whole allocation cluster-bleep with my initial dealer choice.

It's on the assembly line this afternoon; I'll double check but window sticker doesn't seem to have the increases, which aligned with your original post...
I am in the 3/14 build week group and some of their window stickers are showing new prices. Maybe its random
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. If I change from my 2.7L Black Diamond Mid to BaseSas Standard... I'm screwed. In my opinion, I don't get price protected on the BaseSas build, which by the time mine gets built could be similarly priced as the price protected Black Diamond Mid. Sasquatch Pkg appears not to impact this pricing, so I might as well add Sas to my BD price protected build and potentially change to the 2.3L to save some coin. I'll get more bang for my buck even, though it's more than I wanted to spend. First world problems and who knows... inflation might just kill my dream in the next 1-2 years.
If you change you should get 2 door $2475 or 4 door $2075 certificate no matter how you change your order and trim level since you reserved before 3/19. you can always chat with your dealer to find out.
Forward this FAQ to them, though they should have their own FAQ.
Ford Bronco FAQ

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you change you should get 2 door $2475 or 4 door $2075 certificate no matter how you change your order and trim level since you reserved before 3/19. you can always chat with your dealer to find out.
That's what it says today, but how will it be applied in 12-18 months?

That's where my cynicism gets the best of me. I don't think my dealer will be able to give me a 100% answer to that question before changing the order. If I ended up paying a very similar price for a "lesser" equipped vehicle, then I wouldn't be very happy about that situation. I'm not sure the roll of that dice is worth it to me. Ford hasn't stood by many customers, especially customers with the dealership who holds my order (Granger).

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@ChompSticks I do understand the situation, but I don't have faith in it. Ford has caused this lack of faith repeatedly over the last 2 years. Yes, I should be able to change the series because I was a pre 3/19 order placer, but who the heck knows. I have an email out to Granger to see what their thoughts are on this.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@ChompSticks I do understand the situation, but I don't have faith in it. Ford has caused this lack of faith repeatedly over the last 2 years. Yes, I should be able to change the series because I was a pre 3/19 order placer, but who the heck knows. I have an email out to Granger to see what their thoughts are on this.
Ohhhh, you are with Granger which I know they have a backlog of orders. I know Ford said price protection until the end of MY23. But you are right, with crazy inflation already and the world going nutz, they may drop it to combat even high inflation rates that are coming soon. IF they did that though, that would be a huge customer relations nightmare

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ohhhh, you are with Granger which I know they have a backlog of orders. I know Ford said price protection until the end of MY23. But you are right, with crazy inflation already and the world going nutz, they may drop it to combat even high inflation rates that are coming soon. IF they did that though, that would be a huge customer relations nightmare
I was thinking BaseSas might be a way to jump the line a bit, since I can't order with Mid or tow. I really need 7 pin to be safe with Illinois law pulling my trailer. I think there is a solution to this, but I've been waiting patiently before I change my order to BaseSas and go that route too. So many moving parts to this thing. I've grown weary. I'm not impatient, but there are so many factors that I'm not as confident it'll play out in me getting a Bronco.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like every time there's a price change that FORD should be emailing each reservation or order holder what their current price is, regardless of if it's changed or not for that individual. That's the least they could do given the situation. Additionally FORD should mandate each DEALER email the total out the door price for all orders as they change. Again, it's the least they can do.
In the day of computers and emails this entire mess is a study on how not to do business.

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's what it says today, but how will it be applied in 12-18 months?

That's where my cynicism gets the best of me. I don't think my dealer will be able to give me a 100% answer to that question before changing the order. If I ended up paying a very similar price for a "lesser" equipped vehicle, then I wouldn't be very happy about that situation. I'm not sure the roll of that dice is worth it to me. Ford hasn't stood by many customers, especially customers with the dealership who holds my order (Granger).
If I were you Id keep my order as is and if you're really feeling like you need a basesasquach then sell your BD for 100K or whatever they go for nowadays and buy one with a dealer markup of 5K or 10K

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking BaseSas might be a way to jump the line a bit, since I can't order with Mid or tow. I really need 7 pin to be safe with Illinois law pulling my trailer. I think there is a solution to this, but I've been waiting patiently before I change my order to BaseSas and go that route too. So many moving parts to this thing. I've grown weary. I'm not impatient, but there are so many factors that I'm not as confident it'll play out in me getting a Bronco.
Ahh I forget about base option limitations. Well good luck to you with whatever you decide!

Lugerdog

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
So... Im a day 1 reservation 2 dr base sasquatch. Ordered January of 2021. Got bumped to a 2022 model so I switched to a base 4 dr in NOV of 2021. What protection do I get? I can read it so many different ways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So... Im a day 1 reservation 2 dr base sasquatch. Ordered January of 2021. Got bumped to a 2022 model so I switched to a base 4 dr in NOV of 2021. What protection do I get? I can read it so many different ways.
You should get 2 dr base price protection

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I were you Id keep my order as is and if you're really feeling like you need a basesasquach then sell your BD for 100K or whatever they go for nowadays and buy one with a dealer markup of 5K or 10K
Good point. LOL

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahh I forget about base option limitations. Well good luck to you with whatever you decide!
You too. Nice to have some solid discussion on here.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my order last week on a BL an got my order confirmation. My order sheet doesn't reflect the price increase. The dealer I'm working with is honoring my X plan and is not charging over msrp if that helps.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs