Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you are autocrossing in your mall parking lot you will quickly trash a set of tires... that 987 should go through the cones well....
I have been through lots of sets of tires from autocross and Drivers Education (DE) events on real race tracks. Its part of the price of admission to performance driving events. If you use your tires hard, they will wear out fast. Autocross is not that bad because you are only on the course for a very few intense minutes. DE events usualy run 20 or 30 minutes of high performance driving 4 or 5 times a day. That eats tires fast, but its well worth it.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20 people? Lol. As many people in this thread agreed that it is not normal as people who disagreed. The problem here, is that we can't say anything against the Bronco without fanboys like you defending it like they built it themselves.
Now what about that guy below who was at Off-rodeo and saw both the BFG and the GY?
You think GY removed 10 pounds per tire compared to any other 35" out there but magically made them as durable? Think for a second...
I'm fanboying for a tire that I didn't even order? How strange.

There's a lot of good information in this thread and you could have left having learned something from the experienced people but you've chosen to latch on to the ignorance because it agrees with your preconceived notions.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will take anyone Sasquatch take offs for free! Seems like they are not good and worthless! Heck, I will even sacrifice and take the suspension takes offs as well. 🤣🤣🤣

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm fanboying for a tire that I didn't even order? How strange.

There's a lot of good information in this thread and you could have left having learned something from the experienced people but you've chosen to latch on to the ignorance because it agrees with your preconceived notions.
The below does not seem to be a statement out of ignorance.
Me and my buddy were at the Off-roadeo on Day 1 and both are experienced wheelers (rocks and desert).

He actually pointed out to me that the Goodyears were beat to shit while the KO2s on the non-squatched badlands werent because i was going back and forth with him for months on whether i should add the sasquatch to my badlands (ultimately decided not to for exactly this reason).

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The below does not seem to be a statement out of ignorance.
Yet Silver-Bolt showed that the BFG does shred in much the same way.

Run hard off-road and that is normal wear. You car trash a new set of (name your brand) tires in a good weekend of off-roading. Hear is a Raptor BFG tire for reference.

worn-tire-jpg.jpg

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet Silver-Bolt showed that the BFG does shred in much the same way.
Yep. I’ve done that to MTRs, KM2s, TSLs and red label Krawlers. Reds wear more evenly since they are so soft.

buddies have done the same to every tire they’ve run on their rock crawlers. KMTs, KR2s, KM3s, trepadors, and creepy crawlers, swampers etc.

None of that is to say the Goodyear’s are any good or not. They look like they are just a custom all terrain labeled as a mud tire.

Last edited:

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have to know mileage, but that wear looks Bad.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive pretty fast for off-road down my road, which is full of rocks and sand and different types of gravel. My KO2s look like new and I've driven them that far. I drive on rough roads every single day of my life since I live back in the woods off pavement. If my tires wore like that, I would ask about the warranty.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20 people? Lol. As many people in this thread agreed that it is not normal as people who disagreed. The problem here, is that we can't say anything against the Bronco without fanboys like you defending it like they built it themselves.
Now what about that guy below who was at Off-rodeo and saw both the BFG and the GY?
You think GY removed 10 pounds per tire compared to any other 35" out there but magically made them as durable? Think for a second...
You’re embarrassing yourself by keep bringing up weight as the reason…weight differences comes from the casing…while wear like this is determined by tread compound and design….the weight you are all over plays nothing in this. It’s light because it is thin and 6 ply…not because of the tread compound. (So you know and can stop embarrassing yourself).

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol these light tires are trash just like starter inkjet cartridges. they will be replaced at couple thousand miles
Then why pay "extra" for Sasquatch? (rhetorical question)

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure the forum warriors have indeed discovered a massive materials/manufacturing flaw in these photos.

Somehow the tire manufacturer missed it, despite having made tires for 123 years. And the car manufacturer, despite having made cars for 118 years. And the engineers that monitored stress test results throughout the entirety of pre-production. And the professionals maintaining the vehicles photographed. All of this is despite the fact that this massive materials/manufacturing flaw appears to affect 100% of the tires observed in use off road.

Lol.
Because Ford has never sold trucks with faulty tires...

If you think back a bit, you might remember the Ford Explorer/Firestone mess, in the 90s. I had a friend who was killed by one of those tires.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because Ford has never sold trucks with faulty tires...

If you think back a bit, you might remember the Ford Explorer/Firestone mess, in the 90s. I had a friend who was killed by one of those tires.
That affected far less than 100% of the tires (as is the case with most actual flaws). 100% “failure” means it’s not a failure, it’s a characteristic.