John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John Bronco has spoken. This thread can now be closed.
Lol. You’re right. I don’t know shit and haven’t seen shit. Carry on with your ignorant bliss.

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Former GY employee here (believe me there is no loyalty here).

You’re running under inflated (I think one video I saw said they were running 20-25 psi) tires on a heavy vehicle on uneven surfaces (saw video of Broncos leaving water onto a shale incline). For off road performance you need a SOFT compound. You’re going to see chipping and slices in dedicated application like this.

Where do you think all the black marks on off road trails are coming from?
Agreed. Another guy and myself were commenting on how they look like they would have probably gripped pretty well on wet rocks.
Former GY employee here (believe me there is no loyalty here).

You’re running under inflated (I think one video I saw said they were running 20-25 psi) tires on a heavy vehicle on uneven surfaces (saw video of Broncos leaving water onto a shale incline). For off road performance you need a SOFT compound. You’re going to see chipping and slices in dedicated application like this.

Where do you think all the black marks on off road trails are coming from?
Agreed. We were running at 25 psi as you should. They looked like they would grip wet rocks with that crazy wear. Either way, the bottom line is that all 14 rigs made it with no issues. Again, it was dry.... but sandy rounded rocks are not exactly grippy. Here are some more pics of the rock faces and whatnot.

Ford Bronco Incredible wear and tear on GY Territory MT tires 20210630_174623

Ford Bronco Incredible wear and tear on GY Territory MT tires 20210630_174117

20210630_174112.jpg

20210630_174230.jpg

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Discount Tire explanation. Also a common tire failure when spinning tires on chipseal roads.
Ford Bronco Incredible wear and tear on GY Territory MT tires 1625631577126
So common there’s a term to describe it. Tiregate 2021 officially debunked

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re embarrassing yourself by keep bringing up weight as the reason…weight differences comes from the casing…while wear like this is determined by tread compound and design….the weight you are all over plays nothing in this. It’s light because it is thin and 6 ply…not because of the tread compound. (So you know and can stop embarrassing yourself).
Yeah sure that’s why the BFG KO2 in load C in the same size is 11 pounds heavier yet is 6 ply as well. Wether you want it or not that GY tire is garbage you can be a happy fool thinking it’s worth the $ that’s good for you!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, very odd wear. My Badlands had 1800 miles but I did not see what this rig had... I assume something similar-ish. I would love to hear from an expert with knowledge of why this wear is happening. I don't want to jump to any conclusions..... as solid as they may be.
You have 1800 miles on your Bronco? When did you take delivery of your Bronco that has allowed you to get to 1,800 miles?

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have 1800 miles on your Bronco? When did you take delivery of your Bronco that has allowed you to get to 1,800 miles?
I went to the OffRodeo. I was speaking about the particular Bronco I "borrowed" for the two days.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the OffRodeo. I was speaking about the particular Bronco I "borrowed" for the two days.
Ok, that makes more sense. I personally discount any description of what is essentially a rental. I learned when I was a teen from a guy named "James Bond" while on vacation in the Tetons that quote: "nothing drives like a rental" as he recklessly drove over 80 on a dirt road.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They look like an average farm truck tire that has ran on gravel for most of its life. Not unheard of at all, that off-road tire has lived a happy and fulfilling life unlike most of its brethren.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take any purpose built tire and run it at extreme conditions and it will wear exponentially. Took a 2 day advanced emergency driving class with 11 other guys. 300 miles at most each day ~. New tires and brakes after each day...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i wish i could invent a tire which can be used on cars being trashed off road every day. these are mules being driven to teach people how to do tricks. they are trying to do some serious dukes of hazzard shi... feces. if one brand of tires looked better than another chances are those tires were more recently replaced. under the circumstances of having 10 different people "drive it like you stole it" each day will take it's toll. i bet the vehicles are being extensively serviced. after all this is where ford is showcasing one of their newest products. the question we should be asking is how many cv joint, transfer cases and transmission failures have they seen. under these circumstances their component failures must be beginning to show. i wonder how many individual broncos are at their compound? and how many technicians are datalogging the failure rates. the idea of the off-roadeo is actually a brilliant research and development tool to find potential flaws in development.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats just spinning tires in gravel. I've done that to many different tires at just a few thousands miles. Here is a hint dont spin your tires all day on gravel. Being that the offrodeo is geared towards making new offroaders comfortable with wheeling. To me that sounds like ALOT of tire spinning for the sake of tire spinning.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure the forum warriors have indeed discovered a massive materials/manufacturing flaw in these photos.

Somehow the tire manufacturer missed it, despite having made tires for 123 years. And the car manufacturer, despite having made cars for 118 years. And the engineers that monitored stress test results throughout the entirety of pre-production. And the professionals maintaining the vehicles photographed. All of this is despite the fact that this massive materials/manufacturing flaw appears to affect 100% of the tires observed in use off road.

Lol.
This right here. You gotta pay to play. I replace street 200TW tires on my street car every 10k-15k miles because autox and mountain roads. Tires and brakes are 100% consumable items for fun.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah sure that’s why the BFG KO2 in load C in the same size is 11 pounds heavier yet is 6 ply as well. Wether you want it or not that GY tire is garbage you can be a happy fool thinking it’s worth the $ that’s good for you!
Then make it simple, go buy the heaviest tire you can find because it’s obviously the best.

I can’t find anything on the exact construction, but if I had to guess GY is using a fabric ply while the others are using a wire ply. That can easily account for the weight difference. GY uses fabric plys in both NASCAR and NHRA which has exponentially higher loads than any application we’re talking here with no problem.

Also, we’re talking about tread chunking here. If it is an issue, it’s related to the compound used for the tread, not the weight of the tire. If we were talking about cracks, then maybe we might have an issue with construction/weight, but these are clearly pictures of tread wear.

To keep bringing up weight is like talking about Babe Ruth’s pitching stats in an argument about whether or not he was the greatest hitter of all time.
Sponsored