Sponsored

Incredibly annoying rattle coming from *both* airbag covers on the A pillar and a few other bugs.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had my Bronco since sept, since then there has been this annoying rattle that is coming from both airbag covers on the A pillars near the windshield. There seem to only do it when they want to or when it's warm outside. I took it to my local Ford dealer and they said if I cannot prove it they can't do anything about it, after going on a quick drive with one of the service managers nothing happened so of course they told me to get lost.

There are other problems as well, with my window's rolling up, sometimes they go up, stop randomly, and drop down, even after resetting them it still happens.

Lastly, and more concerning, there is a noticeable knock or loud bang that comes from either my drivers side door or theB pillar housing the seatbelt. Over certain bumps or sudden stops you can hear what sounds like a sizable bang or knocking sound. Functionally I have not seen any difference but its concerning and much like my other issues, it only happens when it want's to and it difficult to replicate.

Anyone else had these issues?
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the same issue with the airbag covers. It drives me absolutely insane. Took it back to the dealership twice and once they took it apart and it was fixed when I got it back. Then it came back. Took it back again and of course it wouldn't rattle for them. It's weird because some days it's relentless. Other days the rattle just isn't there at all no matter how many bumps I hit. What I found works temporarily is just give the airbag covers a good push and it will stop.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh man that is horrible. Sounds like something is loose behind the pillar as that's more than your average interior rattle.

OP
OP
David12691

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had the same issue with the airbag covers. It drives me absolutely insane. Took it back to the dealership twice and once they took it apart and it was fixed when I got it back. Then it came back. Took it back again and of course it wouldn't rattle for them. It's weird because some days it's relentless. Other days the rattle just isn't there at all no matter how many bumps I hit. What I found works temporarily is just give the airbag covers a good push and it will stop.

Woooow, I really didn't think anyone else would but thats is EXACTLY what mine sounds like.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Woooow, I really didn't think anyone else would but thats is EXACTLY what mine sounds like.
Ya it's so weird. Some days it's not there at all. Other days it's there all day long.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my Bronco since sept, since then there has been this annoying rattle that is coming from both airbag covers on the A pillars near the windshield. There seem to only do it when they want to or when it's warm outside. I took it to my local Ford dealer and they said if I cannot prove it they can't do anything about it, after going on a quick drive with one of the service managers nothing happened so of course they told me to get lost.

There are other problems as well, with my window's rolling up, sometimes they go up, stop randomly, and drop down, even after resetting them it still happens.

Lastly, and more concerning, there is a noticeable knock or loud bang that comes from either my drivers side door or theB pillar housing the seatbelt. Over certain bumps or sudden stops you can hear what sounds like a sizable bang or knocking sound. Functionally I have not seen any difference but its concerning and much like my other issues, it only happens when it want's to and it difficult to replicate.

Anyone else had these issues?
There really isnt anything inside the B pillar trim to make a banging noise. I stripped my Bronco pretty bare on the inside to clean out between the washout flooring and the tub. I’m very intimate with the trim at this point..

Most of the rattles people are hearing are the metal tabs used to hold trim pieces together. They aren’t super secure and make a lot of noise. Between that and the all of the loose connectors meant to hold wires down, lots of noise. I fixed as much as I could when I had mine in pieces.

The reason why noises come and go a lot of times is the plastic trim in the Bronco gets really floppy when it gets warm. This allows the trim to move a lot more, which makes the rattles and squeaks worse. Reach up and wiggle the Aux switch housing on a warm day and see how much it moves compared to a cool day. Night and day difference.

F1324EAD-1732-4C14-9473-A91B6F1575F8.png

The good news is it all comes apart and goes back together really easily. That’s only about 15 minutes if work to strip it down that far.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever take it back to the dealer and they locate the rattle can you please dm me with what they found?

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh boy. One of the main reasons I want a Bronco is to have a new vehicle that doesn't rattle and squeak over my 20 year old Cherokee. Rattles and squeaks are a total deal breaker for me. 😕

Sjean77

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Having the same issue started on Driver side and now the passenger side is doing it...

#following for updates

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same noise, or at least I think it is. I've narrowed it down to the passenger seat. When I drive a rougher road, by myself, it rattles over the bumps. If my wife is in the seat, same road, no rattle. I took the bronco out the other day to verify the rattle by myself. Then I came home, removed the seat, went back out down the same road, no rattle. There is something in the seat frame that makes my noise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
David12691

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you ever take it back to the dealer and they locate the rattle can you please dm me with what they found?
The dealer closest to me is not particularly great tbh, a bunch of morons. But they deduced it was the sun visor, so they replaced it and the clip used to attach it and it STILL fucking rattles. I wanna just rip it off.. so frustrating.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to hijack your thread, but I washed my truck yesterday, wiped and dried door jambs and tailgate/window, and now I have a God-awful squeaking/rattling sound coming from back there 🤷🏻

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer closest to me is not particularly great tbh, a bunch of morons. But they deduced it was the sun visor, so they replaced it and the clip used to attach it and it STILL fucking rattles. I wanna just rip it off.. so frustrating.
Mine hasn't rattled all winter. Not sure if the cold weather has something to do with it. When it was rattling my only fix was to give the airbag covers a good push and it would stop for a while.

OP
OP
David12691

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine hasn't rattled all winter. Not sure if the cold weather has something to do with it. When it was rattling my only fix was to give the airbag covers a good push and it would stop for a while.
When it's cold out it's a lot more stable in mine as well, but when it warms up it starts making a racket.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not to hijack your thread, but I washed my truck yesterday, wiped and dried door jambs and tailgate/window, and now I have a God-awful squeaking/rattling sound coming from back there 🤷🏻
Rubber stoppers window rests against, and/or rubber nubbins spare tire rests against. Been there done that with both.
Sponsored