First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the updated instructions added a note for the single compressors that the wiring is different.

Looks like you are using a solenoid in your setup?

So the Single does pull 25.2 amps under load but I do not recommend you power it from your upfitter. Ford just didn't use a thick wire and in my opinion having them rated at 30 amps for the Aux1 is just not good in my opinion. I'd recommend using the supplied relay that came with your single compressor and using Aux 1-6 to trigger that relay. I just don't trust that small wiring Ford provided. Not sure why they rated it at 30 amps.

For 25 Amps going 6' you want a 12 AWG Wire. The yellow Aux1 wire is a 1.55mm (gee thanks for using normal measurements Ford!) wire. Which is basically 15-16AWG.

Sooo Fords not provided the proper wire AWG for the amperage they are rating it at.

Soooo i'd recommend using the included relay to power it directly from the battery, using the upfitters to trigger that relay.

On the twin it's easier, as the relays are already wired into the compressor, so you just need to trigger that purple wire.
Maybe I described the installation incorrectly. I have the large harness wired to the battery, and the secondary harness (with the lockers and isolation switch and lighting and ignition left out). I took the feed (red wire) that would have gone to the trigger switch) and connected it to the upfitter - since I did not get the modified instructions is there something here I missed, and if so, can you send that to me on PM? Tried to call, but you guys were already gone. Thanks!
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, all done and intial smoke test complete. I wired it up to AUX5. I think i'm still going to call ARB about the broken connectors in the back of the compressor. A few things to note. There was something different on my Bronco's shock mount bolt from the one in the instructions and the Party of 5 video. That area looks very different on my Badlands with SAS. I had to bend the support bracket toward the engine to get it to bolts for the mounting bracket to line up with the support bracket. @4x4TruckLEDs.com What 2.7L Bronco edition was used for your instructions?
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 20220115_214116507_iOS
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 20220115_214232956_iOS
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 20220115_215916530_iOS

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, all done and intial smoke test complete. I wired it up to AUX5. I think i'm still going to call ARB about the broken connectors in the back of the compressor. A few things to note. There was something different on my Bronco's shock mount bolt from the one in the instructions and the Party of 5 video. That area looks very different on my Badlands with SAS. I had to bend the support bracket toward the engine to get it to bolts for the mounting bracket to line up with the support bracket. @4x4TruckLEDs.com What 2.7L Bronco edition was used for your instructions?
20220115_214116507_iOS.jpg
20220115_214232956_iOS.jpg
20220115_215916530_iOS.jpg
They did note that the bracket would need to be 'forced' and that it was 'by design'. To me, I believe this helps it stay solidly forced upward against the mounting plate resulting in less chance of it 'sagging' in the future.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did note that the bracket would need to be 'forced' and that it was 'by design'. To me, I believe this helps it stay solidly forced upward against the mounting plate resulting in less chance of it 'sagging' in the future.
I must have missed that part, but it all worked nicely. Make sure you were some gloves when installing the 2 Carriage bolts, talk about knuckle busters. :) Other than the broken connectors on the back of the compressor, i'm very happy with the results.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 20220115_215916530_iOS
not sure what package the 2.7L we tested has

the suooort bracket may need a little bend but not much - just the nature of the bend put on the bracket

csn you show a photo of how your support bracket is mounted because the bend needed is minor

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my kit! Love the stick figure on the box.
I thought about signing it but figured i'd draw a crappy stick figure instead :)

You have the 1st production kit sold.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was something different on my Bronco's shock mount bolt from the one in the instructions and the Party of 5 video. That area looks very different on my Badlands with SAS. I had to bend the support bracket toward the engine to get it to bolts for the mounting bracket to line up with the support bracket.
Hmmm. Sounds like the bracket was not made for, or tested with, the Badlands/SAS combo. I was going to order this but would like to understand if you think a modification to the bracket is needed, or is this simply no big deal and nothing to worry about. Comments?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm. Sounds like the bracket was not made for, or tested with, the Badlands/SAS combo. I was going to order this but would like to understand if you think a modification to the bracket is needed, or is this simply no big deal and nothing to worry about. Comments?
The system installs fine on all models

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you will be fine. I was calling out that there is something different about the shock mount on the badlands/SAS. It doesn’t look like the install instructions. Also I was expecting to have to bend the support bracket to lineup the bolt holes as much as I did. But it’s all installed and working fine. 😊

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you will be fine. I was calling out that there is something different about the shock mount on the badlands/SAS. It doesn’t look like the install instructions. Also I was expecting to have to bend the support bracket to lineup the bolt holes as much as I did. But it’s all installed and working fine. 😊
can you please share photos… there’s no difference in the shock mounts between any of the Broncos as it’s part of the vehicle - the home patterns are identical across all models

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can you please share photos… there’s no difference in the shock mounts between any of the Broncos as it’s part of the vehicle - the home patterns are identical across all models
I just tried to get a good picture, but there is just too much stuff in the way. I'm not going to uninstall the compressor that that. I think one difference that may have thrown me off is that only the shock bolt we need to loosen is visible. The other 2 are covered by the wheel well liner. Also, I didn't see anything in the instructions stating that I would need to bind the support backet to get it to lineup, so that led me to believe that something was off. So, I may have overreacted to that. :)
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 20220117_011609194_iOS
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 20220117_011720587_iOS

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just tried to get a good picture, but there is just too much stuff in the way. I'm not going to uninstall the compressor that that. I think one difference that may have thrown me off is that only the shock bolt we need to loosen is visible. The other 2 are covered by the wheel well liner. Also, I didn't see anything in the instructions stating that I would need to bind the support backet to get it to lineup, so that led me to believe that something was off. So, I may have overreacted to that. :)
20220117_011609194_iOS.jpg
20220117_011720587_iOS.jpg
your bracket isn’t installed correctly… that tube at the base of the bracket is on the wrong side - you were supposed to cut the factory zip tie and Move it out of the way - that’s why the support bracket has 2 cut kits and why we provided a new zip tie - I see a zip tie there but looks likeyou didn’t move the tube out of the way

and yes the support bracket may need to be pulled flush with the main bracket but it’s not much at all just a tiny bit - it’s stated in the instructions…

But you got it installed anyway so that’s good

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

your bracket isn’t installed correctly… that tube at the base of the bracket is on the wrong side - you were supposed to cut the factory zip tie and Move it out of the way - that’s why the support bracket has 2 cut kits and why we provided a new zip tie - I see a zip tie there but looks likeyou didn’t move the tube out of the way

ans yes the support bracket may need to be pulled flush with the main bracket but it’s not much at all just a tiny bit
I did cut the factory zip tie and I moved the tube out of the way until I got the support backed mounted. Then I zip tied the tube to the backet using the 2 slots on the bracket. I guess I tied it to the wrong side of the bracket, but it didn't impede the install of the bracket at all. So I'm not sure how the side of the bracket that the tube is moved to makes the bracket installed incorrectly.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did cut the factory zip tie and I moved the tube out of the way until I got the support backed mounted. Then I zip tied the tube to the backet using the 2 slots on the bracket. I guess I tied it to the wrong side of the bracket, but it didn't impede the install of the bracket at all. So I'm not sure how the side of the bracket that the tube is moved to makes the bracket installed incorrectly.
how did you secure the bolt with the tube in the way?
Sponsored