Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohh wow. We've really outdone ourselves this time. We did a final test fit of the stainless steel version (unpainted) today. This is basically what we will be shipping (only we're powdering coating them black). I gotta say this is a SOLID piece of awesomeness. The fitment is just perfect. It's really rigid and will have no problems supporting the single or twin compressor. Even clearance for the top air port (even if you decide NOT to angle it down more, which I recommend, but I tested it sticking straight up AND I have an outer banks, so it's got that added insulation). ZERO issues at all.

We'll be doing some final test fitments on a 2.7L this weekend and then come Monday, into full production with these.

Some teaser photos (this is the one staying on my own truck, although I may have my powder coater paint it for me)

1637942602169.png

1637942615530.png

1637942629918.png

1637942643230.png

1637942653216.png
Looks great! I ordered mine within days of them going live. My Bronco arrived last week, my compressor accessories arrived today, now I'm just waiting for the "Awaiting Fulfillment" light to change.....
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m new to this so please be gentle, why would one get a dual compressor instead of just the single?
The rule of thumb I have seen on the Jeep forums is the following: If you plan on 37’s or if you air up other people in your group, or your totally impatient and can’t wait the extra 3-4 minutes to air yourself up go with the dual compressor. If you only have 35’s and just air yourself up hang with the single.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The rule of thumb I have seen on the Jeep forums is the following: If you plan on 37’s or if you air up other people in your group, or your totally impatient and can’t wait the extra 3 minutes or less to air yourself up go with the dual compressor. If you only have 35’s and just air yourself up hang with the single.
The twin is 2x as fast as the single. I'd recommend the twin over the single. Unless you want to be more patient and save some $$

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just thinking out loud here: wonder if with a single ARB there might also be room to mount an inverter on the same platform.?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just thinking out loud here: wonder if with a single ARB there might also be room to mount an inverter on the same platform.?
The single gives you a LOT more mounting options actually. Here are a few mounting options which will free up some more real estate on the bracket

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1637954725242

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1637954739068

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1637954748382

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1637954757502

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow you 2.7L guys sure have a lot of extra hoses under the hood!

I did a test fit on a 2.7L today and need to make a few minor tweeks. Nothing major. I just need to shorten up part of the bracket (which isn't used anyway) a bit and I wanted to add some zip tie holes into the support bar, so that you can zip tie your coolant line up.

The coolant line is zip tied to something on the truck, and in order to make it easier to bolt the support bracket on, you're going to need to cut that zip tie and push the coolant line out of the way to make room for a socket. So we added 2 holes onto our bracket so you can re-zip tie your coolant line back up.

I'm having the new version cut and it should be to me later on this week for another final test fit.

2.3L we know fits, just trying to dial in the 2.7L so we can sell one bracket system instead of making one for the 2.3L engines and one for the 2.7L engines. But so far things are moving along nicely.

I expect to have these ready for shipment right around Christmas time maybe sooner if our powder coater can get things painted faster (they add about a week to the process)

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow you 2.7L guys sure have a lot of extra hoses under the hood!

I did a test fit on a 2.7L today and need to make a few minor tweeks. Nothing major. I just need to shorten up part of the bracket (which isn't used anyway) a bit and I wanted to add some zip tie holes into the support bar, so that you can zip tie your coolant line up.

The coolant line is zip tied to something on the truck, and in order to make it easier to bolt the support bracket on, you're going to need to cut that zip tie and push the coolant line out of the way to make room for a socket. So we added 2 holes onto our bracket so you can re-zip tie your coolant line back up.

I'm having the new version cut and it should be to me later on this week for another final test fit.

2.3L we know fits, just trying to dial in the 2.7L so we can sell one bracket system instead of making one for the 2.3L engines and one for the 2.7L engines. But so far things are moving along nicely.

I expect to have these ready for shipment right around Christmas time maybe sooner if our powder coater can get things painted faster (they add about a week to the process)
Really struggling on not buying one of these lol any cyber Monday deals? lol JK

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really struggling on not buying one of these lol any cyber Monday deals? lol JK
You get 50% off the compressor mount when you add-on a compressor...

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought under the hood got too hot for these? maybe that's outdated now that guys have been testing with them??? but if there's a good inboard mounting solution... this looks good. just heard of heat issues.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought under the hood got too hot for these? maybe that's outdated now that guys have been testing with them??? but if there's a good inboard mounting solution... this looks good. just heard of heat issues.
Not sure where you gathered that info. But ARB's have been used under the hoods for years upon years. They are designed for harsh environments. The twin is a 100% duty cycle as it has a cooling fan. And it's mounted up above and to the side of your engine where it's pretty cool honestly (for being in the engine bay)

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you gathered that info. But ARB's have been used under the hoods for years upon years. They are designed for harsh environments. The twin is a 100% duty cycle as it has a cooling fan. And it's mounted up above and to the side of your engine where it's pretty cool honestly (for being in the engine bay)
idk... somewhere around here. I know they're typically used in engine bays but heard the bronco specific got too hot for them.

Anyway... i have a 2.7 badlands and probably looking for the single compressor so this looks... good.

How does power work for this? there something over there you're plugging into or a whip we need to buy in addition or routing/splicing instructions?

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
idk... somewhere around here. I know they're typically used in engine bays but heard the bronco specific got too hot for them.

Anyway... i have a 2.7 badlands and probably looking for the single compressor so this looks... good.

How does power work for this? there something over there you're plugging into or a whip we need to buy in addition or routing/splicing instructions?
Let me guess, your dealer told you that 😂

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me guess, your dealer told you that 😂
lol. no. they did tell me they can't get a 5th locking lugnut (they forced me to buy a package that included the 4)... so spare is .. easy to grab now.

But no... I SWEAR I've read that here.. or could have been a YT video. At this point I've read and watched so much I have no idea. BUT... good to hear there's no issue.
Sponsored