BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol. no. they did tell me they can't get a 5th locking lugnut (they forced me to buy a package that included the 4)... so spare is .. easy to grab now.

But no... I SWEAR I've read that here.. or could have been a YT video. At this point I've read and watched so much I have no idea. BUT... good to hear there's no issue.
Wow on the spare. At this point nothing surprises me. I remember someone expressing concern about the compressor being mounted above the turbo which is very hot but I’m not concerned about it. The ARB specs are solid and it’s a proven product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lol. no. they did tell me they can't get a 5th locking lugnut (they forced me to buy a package that included the 4)... so spare is .. easy to grab now.

But no... I SWEAR I've read that here.. or could have been a YT video. At this point I've read and watched so much I have no idea. BUT... good to hear there's no issue.
I think it might have been a video from a competing compressor. ARB is based out of Austrailia... those guys KNOW overlanding/off-roading better then anybody else. They designed their compressors to survive the outback.

So the single and twin compressors include a wiring harness. it plugs into the compressor then wires to your battery. it has a built in fuse/relay and then to trigger the whole thing, you just use any of your upfitters as the "trigger" wire (they also include a switch but with upfitters you won't use the switch)

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So close to ordering, just waiting to see your final 2.7 changes.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So close to ordering, just waiting to see your final 2.7 changes.
The 2.7 changes just alter the design slightly to account for the extra turbo pipe is all.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1638218933134

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1638218945615

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1638218959535

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the single and twin compressors include a wiring harness. it plugs into the compressor then wires to your battery. it has a built in fuse/relay and then to trigger the whole thing, you just use any of your upfitters as the "trigger" wire (they also include a switch but with upfitters you won't use the switch)
okay. I'd just have to figure out with aux switch/upfitter has power in that under-hood area. haven't yet played with that stuff yet. still debating this vs powertank.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

idk... somewhere around here. I know they're typically used in engine bays but heard the bronco specific got too hot for them.
Not a direct comparison obviously, but I have had a twin ARB under my JK hood for 5 years now with no issues. Use it 20/30 times a year. Have taken many 5+ hour trips in 100 degree weather...still not an issue. It gets insanely hot if you do a slow trail then fill up my big 37's afterwards, but it's never failed. I know we're talking a Bronco, turbo piping, etc. but these things can take some abuse and some serious heat, so it should be fine under the hood.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

okay. I'd just have to figure out with aux switch/upfitter has power in that under-hood area. haven't yet played with that stuff yet. still debating this vs powertank.
If you have the upfitters (the overhead switches) then you are already set. Ford left the bundle under the hood by your driver side firewall. They are actually there on all trucks, but the non-upfitter trucks don't have wires going into the cab.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the upfitters (the overhead switches) then you are already set. Ford left the bundle under the hood by your driver side firewall. They are actually there on all trucks, but the non-upfitter trucks don't have wires going into the cab.
I see. yeah i have badlands high package (just not lux) but I have all the switches up top in cab.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so the important question @4x4TruckLEDs.com - when does it ship? (looking at 2.7L version w/ single compressor)

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so the important question @4x4TruckLEDs.com - when does it ship? (looking at 2.7L version w/ single compressor)
4-6 weeks is our current ETA.

Hopefully the final prototype arrives towards the end of this week. We go into production next week. 1-2 weeks for production, 1 week for powder coating.

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-6 weeks is our current ETA.

Hopefully the final prototype arrives towards the end of this week. We go into production next week. 1-2 weeks for production, 1 week for powder coating.
alright bet. I'm in. The order page doesn't distinguish between 2.3 or 2.7 so i'm assuming you're just building one product that works for both?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

alright bet. I'm in. The order page doesn't distinguish between 2.3 or 2.7 so i'm assuming you're just building one product that works for both?
Correct. We know it fits the 2.3L. I've made some changes to the bracket to fit the 2.7L engines as well. I sent the file to our laser cutter yesterday just waiting on them to do a rapid prototype for me out of aluminum so I can test fitment. If it fits, off to production (stainless steel)

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So just a quick update. We're looking to have these ship probably the week of Christmas if all goes well. I'm currently trying to price out the job with metal/paint shops. Everybody's coming back with the same prices (a lot more then we expected).

We're not planning to raise the $249.99 price though. That is what it is. The profit margins are not ideally where I'd like to be BUT I don't want to price this out more then we absolutely have to.

However the 50% off promotion we're currently running will end once we finish production. Once we have these in-stock the 50% off promo will come to an end (we just can't keep doing it due to the costs on these).

So if you want to take advantage of this deal, I'd suggest you lock it in now.

YES we will still do SOME type of promotion when you add-on a compressor. It'll probably be a 20% discount we're thinking, but no where near the generous 50% we're doing now.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just a quick update. We're looking to have these ship probably the week of Christmas if all goes well. I'm currently trying to price out the job with metal/paint shops. Everybody's coming back with the same prices (a lot more then we expected).

We're not planning to raise the $249.99 price though. That is what it is. The profit margins are not ideally where I'd like to be BUT I don't want to price this out more then we absolutely have to.

However the 50% off promotion we're currently running will end once we finish production. Once we have these in-stock the 50% off promo will come to an end (we just can't keep doing it due to the costs on these).

So if you want to take advantage of this deal, I'd suggest you lock it in now.

YES we will still do SOME type of promotion when you add-on a compressor. It'll probably be a 20% discount we're thinking, but no where near the generous 50% we're doing now.
Just ordered. along with some Baja Designs A-Pillar lights. I can't wait to go run some trails.

I will need to work on getting all of these things wired up, so I hope the instructions are easy enough.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You guys want to see some sneak peaks of production. This is not the final design, we've modified it slightly to work with 2.3L and 2.7L, but this was the design for the 2.3L - Again stainless steel + powder coated a nice black finish

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1638285897159

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1638285903103
Sponsored