Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 13 Fusion, 88 Mustang GT, 13 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like many others, I was looking for a cheaper option for a Sun Shade/ Bimini Top for the 2 door. Amazon and Ebay have dozens of inexpensive options that are listed as "Four Door Only" Sun Shades, but only the Ford OEM top is available for the 2 door, costing $270-$379! After looking into a few of the 4 door options, reading the dimensions and taking some measurements, I ordered the one of the "Four Door Only" options, taking a chance on a $49 one. With the overall opening from windshield to rear rollbar being almost identical, it was worth the risk, even if some modifications needed to be done. Well, I think this was a great investment! I need to get 1 more anchor and bungee (came with 1 extra of each) and have to add 2 eyelets towards the back but everything else lines up perfectly. You do have to remove the 1 bolt on each side for the front roof panel bracket and replace it with the anchor bolts and you can't keep it in place when you put your hardtop back on, but for a few hundred bucks less than the only "official" option, I'll take it! Here is a link to the one I bought too... Hope this helps others looking for a cheaper solution.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2CQF627?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

68097533247--C915A060-BBBD-4675-9566-741FCB28F1A6.jpg

IMG-2431.jpg

IMG-2432.jpg
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many others, I was looking for a cheaper option for a Sun Shade/ Bimini Top for the 2 door. Amazon and Ebay have dozens of inexpensive options that are listed as "Four Door Only" Sun Shades, but only the Ford OEM top is available for the 2 door, costing $270-$379! After looking into a few of the 4 door options, reading the dimensions and taking some measurements, I ordered the one of the "Four Door Only" options, taking a chance on a $49 one. With the overall opening from windshield to rear rollbar being almost identical, it was worth the risk, even if some modifications needed to be done. Well, I think this was a great investment! I need to get 1 more anchor and bungee (came with 1 extra of each) and have to add 2 eyelets towards the back but everything else lines up perfectly. You do have to remove the 1 bolt on each side for the front roof panel bracket and replace it with the anchor bolts and you can't keep it in place when you put your hardtop back on, but for a few hundred bucks less than the only "official" option, I'll take it! Here is a link to the one I bought too... Hope this helps others looking for a cheaper solution.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2CQF627?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Ford Bronco Inexpensive 2 Door Sun Shade Option IMG-2432

I understand cheap but why only spend $49 to protect your $70,000.00 Bronco?
Love to see a video of it driving?

OP
OP
PABroncoMatt

PABroncoMatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 13 Fusion, 88 Mustang GT, 13 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love your tops and I look forward to possibly purchasing one in the the future but this is a good temporary solution for days when I take the top off. I agree that it isn't the same quality and price range as yours are. Not every Bronco cost $70k nor does every Bronco owner have it in their budget to buy every accessory they would like when they first get their vehicle. Just an option. And bye the way, had it on the highway yesterday at 70mph and was pretty surprised and the stability considering I haven't even added the additional eyelet. To each their own....

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... This isn't protecting the Bronco. And just cause something is expensive doesn't mean everything else for it has to be expensive.

Sponsored

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any plans to offer a non-mesh top for the 2-door? I have no interest in the mesh shades.

Need a solid canvas top and, preferably, a half-length top. The roll cage has a threaded insert about midway back on the top side that would be simple to design an attachment point for the back of a shorter canvas top.

I continue to watch your site for such a development, as yours appears to be the only top that doesn't leave a gap at the windshield.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... This isn't protecting the Bronco. And just cause something is expensive doesn't mean everything else for it has to be expensive.
It should provide protection to the interior surfaces that will get cooked by the UV rays.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
1, i LOVE that you experimented
2. LOVE that the blue bronco top isn't covered in black
3. I think an expensive top might be more of a consideration in cali or Tx where it's nice all the time, but PA ands Ohio get like 3 good months :ROFLMAO:, of which, it rains half those days

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any plans to offer a non-mesh top for the 2-door? I have no interest in the mesh shades.

Need a solid canvas top and, preferably, a half-length top. The roll cage has a threaded insert about midway back on the top side that would be simple to design an attachment point for the back of a shorter canvas top.

I continue to watch your site for such a development, as yours appears to be the only top that doesn't leave a gap at the windshield.
We have written extensively about this on the forum. It’s sounds easy but you need a structure to overcome the Bernoulli effect. Making a product like ours would rip off and bubble up from the low pressure area that forms across the surface when driving. The mesh lets it breath and overcome the aerodynamic forces.
Mike
Sponsored

Last edited: