Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If someone was making these with the bass blockers already wired in, I would buy them :D
Same, I got to this thread late and everyone’s sold out again.

I’ve seen people saying but do we know if it’s confirmed FORSCAN doesn’t work on ‘22 yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norderwurm

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same, I got to this thread late and everyone’s sold out again.

I’ve seen people saying but do we know if it’s confirmed FORSCAN doesn’t work on ‘22 yet?
Apparently it requires buying the $10 extended license from Forscan, then opening a support ticket with them, then they will provide a download with updated code to allow changes on the 22

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great video. Gave me the confidence to do it. Looks pretty easy. I have everything ordered. It's worth $25 to me to not cut the wires in my new $40k Bronco so I ordered adapters. The seller on ebay seems to be sold out but they have these on Amazon. The only thing I'm hesitant on is the Forscan edit. I'm not afraid to do it, but having a 2.7L in the date range of failures, I don't want to give Ford a reason to invalidate my warranty. Am I being paranoid?
Ya that is fair, I am probably in the minority of cutting wires to save $20.

Forscan: I'm also cautious on using it to do wacky things like trying to add GOAT modes, but for this change, which only modifies the Audio Control Module, I personally felt confident of doing so without warranty concerns. In order to deny a warranty claim, Ford would have to justify that your module change contributed to the failure, so in the case of a 2.7 valve failure I think that would be a big leap.

Now if your radio on Sync system fried, that would be another matter. There is some risk for things like that.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ya that is fair, I am probably in the minority of cutting wires to save $20.

Forscan: I'm also cautious on using it to do wacky things like trying to add GOAT modes, but for this change, which only modifies the Audio Control Module, I personally felt confident of doing so without warranty concerns. In order to deny a warranty claim, Ford would have to justify that your module change contributed to the failure, so in the case of a 2.7 valve failure I think that would be a big leap.

Now if your radio on Sync system fried, that would be another matter. There is some risk for things like that.
Thanks. That makes me feel better about the Forscan mod. Although, I would have to buy the connector to do just this. Do you feel like the Forscan mod made the new speakers sound a lot better? Does it just open up the base or does it add more sound enhancement? I'm going to replace the speakers and add a powered sub regardless of if I do the Forscan mod.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks. That makes me feel better about the Forscan mod. Although, I would have to buy the connector to do just this. Do you feel like the Forscan mod made the new speakers sound a lot better? Does it just open up the base or does it add more sound enhancement? I'm going to replace the speakers and add a powered sub regardless of if I do the Forscan mod.
My opinion: the speaker upgrade delivers 80% of the improvement, the Forscan mod the additional 20%. It is more noticeable at lower volumes.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finished the install and they are soon much better than factory. Thank you again for write up!

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My opinion: the speaker upgrade delivers 80% of the improvement, the Forscan mod the additional 20%. It is more noticeable at lower volumes.
Thanks. Looking forward to tearing into it. I also ordered some xmat as I read where someone said using this sound deadening product in the back speakers is helpful.

Sponsored

Laidbackduner

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had done everything in this thread. I have the infinity speakers like the OP. I did the Forscan change and didn’t feel like it did anything. Low and behold my jbl soundbar showed up today. I installed it without the dealer flash and it sounds just like the rears did originally. It is tinny and weak, just like stock only clearer. Better tweeters I assume. My conclusion is the Forscan mod does little to nothing. I will be calling the dealer for the flash tomorrow.

2kmsiebert

Big Bend
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, Mach E, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sam I agree that "trying to determine via video" IS tricky, but I can hear added clarity to the music based on the change of speakers, and then a little more nuanced added clarity with the addition of the forscan change. We'll never get scientific quality data until someone with some binaural mics and decent software runs some testing, but it was clear to me (full disclosure I have crappy hearing) there was a difference for the better. I'm surprised your anecdotal testing offered "zero difference" as the outcome.
I made some changes, front 4" and rear pod 4" were changed to JBL GX series. Definitely made a difference in clarity..... I then changed one of the two kickpanel 6.5" speakers, and actually was disappointed. The stock 6.5 is mono, but is silk tweeter and not paper garbage like the 4". I really noticed zero difference when trying the JBL there. So I put the factory 6.5 back in.

Why spend money when it makes no noticeable difference right?

I will say this, the factory base system is absolute garbage. I had a Mustang Mach E 2021, and the base system was decent, not excellent but provided solid sound. This Bronco system is embarrassing.

My next step is either Forscan or the Factory soundbar flash upgrade. Just not sure if the dealer will do it without knowing I have the actual JBL soundbar...

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I made some changes, front 4" and rear pod 4" were changed to JBL GX series. Definitely made a difference in clarity..... I then changed one of the two kickpanel 6.5" speakers, and actually was disappointed. The stock 6.5 is mono, but is silk tweeter and not paper garbage like the 4". I really noticed zero difference when trying the JBL there. So I put the factory 6.5 back in.

Why spend money when it makes no noticeable difference right?

I will say this, the factory base system is absolute garbage. I had a Mustang Mach E 2021, and the base system was decent, not excellent but provided solid sound. This Bronco system is embarrassing.

My next step is either Forscan or the Factory soundbar flash upgrade. Just not sure if the dealer will do it without knowing I have the actual JBL soundbar...
Good info! Feedback from others here is that it should not matter to the dealer if you have the soundbar or not. I would go there with the flash instructions printed out, and just hand it to them. Even with that, I think some dealers are gonna say they are not interested, just because they have never done it before and don't want to waste time figuring it out.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone with a 2022 model year had the dealer flash the rear speakers (JBL soundbar mimmick)? I have only found one person in the forum that tried with a 2022, and dealer was
not able to get it to work, got errors. Stated Ford has not update the FDRS software for the 2022.
My Bronco is supposed to arrive 1st week of March to dealer, I had the flash on the list of TODO items. Dealer said they would try the flash without the soundbar installed. I took the flash off the TODO list based on the 2022 feedback. For now, I will attempt the forscan method.
Here is the 2022 Flash thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/do-not-buy-jbl-soundbar-if-you-have-a-2022.36509/

2kmsiebert

Big Bend
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, Mach E, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone with a 2022 model year had the dealer flash the rear speakers (JBL soundbar mimmick)? I have only found one person in the forum that tried with a 2022, and dealer was
not able to get it to work, got errors. Stated Ford has not update the FDRS software for the 2022.
My Bronco is supposed to arrive 1st week of March to dealer, I had the flash on the list of TODO items. Dealer said they would try the flash without the soundbar installed. I took the flash off the TODO list based on the 2022 feedback. For now, I will attempt the forscan method.
Here is the 2022 Flash thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/do-not-buy-jbl-soundbar-if-you-have-a-2022.36509/
OK, so my 2022 he’s going to have to go the Forscan route…..
Sponsored