First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Brand new here and I'm trying to figure out what to expect. I ordered my Bronco on the first night. Late April I received an email with production date (late june) and VIN number. Since then I haven't heard anything.

I reached out to ford through chat last week and was told that my specific Bronco was in production but if I wanted more info to contact the dealer. I reached out to the dealer and they told me that all hardtops (my model) were going to be pushed until 2022.

That doesn't sound right but not getting any communication doesn't make me feel good about it being built the end of June either.

What do you guys think? What have you heard?
Sponsored

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normal. Check the email that gave you your vin, it will have a tracking link. Once your bronco goes into production, you'll see it there.

Your dealer mixed up "hard tops" and "black modular hard top". If you have a VIN with the molded-in-color top, your bronco will be built this summer.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brand new here and I'm trying to figure out what to expect. I ordered my Bronco on the first night. Late April I received an email with production date (late june) and VIN number. Since then I haven't heard anything.

I reached out to ford through chat last week and was told that my specific Bronco was in production but if I wanted more info to contact the dealer. I reached out to the dealer and they told me that all hardtops (my model) were going to be pushed until 2022.

That doesn't sound right but not getting any communication doesn't make me feel good about it being built the end of June either.

What do you guys think? What have you heard?
Welcome, Todd!

Whoever told you that at your dealer is lazy and/or dumb. They can easily look up to see what your production week is (or confirm what you got before). It only takes your last name and order number and they can look it up.

Quite a few of us that got VINs with June build dates got pushed back a few weeks. Good luck!

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine being that bad at your job... I was in a similar boat as you- original email said 21 June and no further updates from Ford. After reading about delays on this forum, I called my dealer and he sent me a screen shot of my order in the system reflecting a 12 July build week. I have a MIC top as well.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard top or MIC top? There is a difference....

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine being that bad at your job... I was in a similar boat as you- original email said 21 June and no further updates from Ford. After reading about delays on this forum, I called my dealer and he sent me a screen shot of my order in the system reflecting a 12 July build week. I have a MIC top as well.
Same thing happened to me.
I called last week and found out I was moved to 7/12 from 6/21.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So molded in color is a soft top?
study the build and price.....by now everyone with an early reservation and on this forum should be an expert. MIC is a hard top!

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

study the build and price.....by now everyone with an early reservation and on this forum should be an expert. MIC is a hard top!
Then how is there a difference between a “hard top” and MIC. If you ask me it’s really mis leading to say that as both the Modular top and MIC top are in fact hard tops. I know the difference others don’t

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then how is there a difference between a “hard top” and MIC. If you ask me it’s really mis leading to say that as both the Modular top and MIC top are in fact hard tops. I know the difference others don’t
At this point, most people don’t even talk about modular hard tops because they don’t exist and 100% guarantee you will end up with a MY22- and who knows when in 2022... So typically on this forum, hard top=MIC for the time being.

Sponsored

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from June 21 to July 5th. All good.

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well dont keep it a secret.... enlighten us

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well dont keep it a secret.... enlighten us
Modular is the painted shadow black hard top with 6 pieces in total. Two front panels, center panel, the back cap and the two back quarter panel windows in the back cap being removeable makes up the six. Also this top is heavier. Molded in color is a plastic hard top molded in the same color throughout to help prevent scratches being shown. has 4 pieces two front panels, center panel and the back cap. This top is lighter.

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Modular is the painted shadow black hard top with 6 pieces in total. Two front panels, center panel, the back cap and the two back quarter panel windows in the back cap being removeable makes up the six. Also this top is heavier. Molded in color is a plastic hard top molded in the same color throughout to help prevent scratches being shown. has 4 pieces two front panels, center panel and the back cap. This top is lighter.
So both are hard tops?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs