First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7-13 @ 10:30 reservation, converted to order in January. My dealer got 17 allocations. I was the top reservation there. Someone else got the priority, and three others got build dates.
I am a Priority 10
I ordered - 2 Door Badlands, 2.3 Auto, Bead locks, MIC, Lux, MGV Seats, Towing in VB

Is it likely for me to get burned due to allocation count? Am I remotely getting this sooner than late Fall? I understand that there's a lot to consider, it would be nice to get some ballpark understanding.
Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These two posts explain best what is happening with allocations:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tions-the-timestamp-is-only-one-factor.15829/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-capacity-commodity-constraints-chart.15867/

The second is probably the most relevant, but towing hurts you the most. Being the first allocation, you will probably get your order sooner rather than later.

Having said that, builds seem to already be scheduled out through July. So I would guess August for your build, and possibly as late as September for delivery.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2dr, Lux and towing sins could delay your build but with the early timestamp I'd guess maybe August if no other commodity constraints.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These two posts explain best what is happening with allocations:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tions-the-timestamp-is-only-one-factor.15829/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-capacity-commodity-constraints-chart.15867/

The second is probably the most relevant, but towing hurts you the most. Being the first allocation, you will probably get your order sooner rather than later.

Having said that, builds seem to already be scheduled out through July. So I would guess August for your build, and possibly as late as September for delivery.
I assume that it's possible that they cap out on allocations before I see mine, right? Do you think dropping towing would make a big difference?

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Brianstrange wait when you say top allocation do you mean #1 of 17 or #17 of #17?

If you're #1 I would expect a build in July or Aug.

If you're #17, you will definitely be getting a 2021, but it would be wild speculation on the exact date. I don't know if we have determined when the MY22 cut-off date is, but I would guess sometime this fall. Possibly even into winter.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume that it's possible that they cap out on allocations before I see mine, right? Do you think dropping towing would make a big difference?
It is *possible* that your dealer runs out of allocation before they have all the parts for your build...

But!

That is just the allocation for MY21. Ford will roll right into MY22 production, with on a week or two break. We're not sure exactly allocation will work in MY22, but we know that they will eventually deliver all orders, and there's no reason to think they wont still rank according to time stamp. (my theory is that as we get into MY22, there will be fewer orders to pick from, so we're eventually going to get to weeks when they don't have the parts for any of the remaining orders, so they'll build dealer stock units with what they do have laying around until they get replenished)

That means, considering your early reservation, you're basically at the top of the list at your dealer each time they go to build the next bronco.... if they don't have all your parts they move on, the second they do, yours will be built.

So even if your dealer "runs out of allocation" you're still going to be at the front of the line to be considered the next time they go to schedule.

Whether or not you should drop towing... that's between you and your god. If you want my opinion, I wouldn't compromise on what you want in an attempt to game the parts supply chain. For all we know the second you remove towing, they'll get a huge shipment in... or maybe the tire factory will burn down.

Order what you want and rest assured that you're still towards the front.

$0.02

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Brianstrange wait when you say top allocation do you mean #1 of 17 or #17 of #17?

If you're #1 I would expect a build in July or Aug.

If you're #17, you will definitely be getting a 2021, but it would be wild speculation on the exact date. I don't know if we have determined when the MY22 cut-off date is, but I would guess sometime this fall. Possibly even into winter.
I would not make that statement.

The only people who are "definitely" getting a MY21 are FE orders.

Everyone else is at the mercy of the supply chain.

That said, the difference between being just bumped out of MY21 into MY22, for someone with an early timestamp, isn't that big of a deal.

Ford Bronco Information Overload.   Please help me understand preview to build date info Getting bumped to MY22.PNG

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Zack said.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Builds to this point have been scheduled through the last week in June. July scheduling starts in May.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not make that statement.

The only people who are "definitely" getting a MY21 are FE orders.

Everyone else is at the mercy of the supply chain.

That said, the difference between being just bumped out of MY21 into MY22, for someone with an early timestamp, isn't that big of a deal.

Ford Bronco Information Overload.   Please help me understand preview to build date info Getting bumped to MY22.PNG
This is my understanding as well. Being inside your dealer's allocation number doesn't appear to be a guarantee of anything.

Your dealer's MY21 allocation is a fixed number based on how many broncos Ford believes they can build this year.
Your place in line is based on your reservation timestamp.
Given that we know that Ford is building later timestamps ahead of early ones based on commodity availability, it's possible that you will eventually get bumped out of your dealer's allocation, if someone else at your dealer with a later time stamp gets their bronco built prior to yours.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just gonna hope you get your email tomorrow... anything else would just be me guessing... 🙂

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just gonna hope you get your email tomorrow... anything else would just be me guessing... 🙂
My dealer said they did not have any previews yesterday.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given that we know that Ford is building later timestamps ahead of early ones based on commodity availability, it's possible that you will eventually get bumped out of your dealer's allocation, if someone else at your dealer with a later time stamp gets their bronco built prior to yours.
This is my biggest concern. Especially if their allocation is maxed out early. I understand it that if they max our in August, I won't see a Bronco until December at the earliest.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my biggest concern. Especially if their allocation is maxed out early. I understand it that if they max our in August, I won't see a Bronco until December at the earliest.
Oh, my understanding is that total allocation is spread out over the MY...

So dealer A with 24 allocated units get 4 a month until MY22... Dealer B with 6 allocated units get 1 a month...

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, my understanding is that total allocation is spread out over the MY...

So dealer A with 24 allocated units get 4 a month until MY22... Dealer B with 6 allocated units get 1 a month...
That's correct, although not always a perfectly even distribution, but you're correct in thinking.
Sponsored