Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea how we will integrate infrared lights with the bronco? The high and lux level packages include the 360 degree cameras that can be linked to the screen while you are in motion. I would like to add one or two infrared light pods to my a pillars so I can try to avoid striking unseen deer. Does the installed front facing camera have the ability to switch into infrared mode? If not, how do you suppose we may integrate an additional camera to the screen?

deer-c-00-00-11-20190820-095333-.png
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from the accessories list for the bronco sport, an infra-red front camera is available as DIO. might already be on the bronco DIO list

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from the accessories list for the bronco sport, an infra-red front camera is available as DIO. might already be on the bronco DIO list
Think it'll be the same camera that comes standard on the high and lux packages for the full size bronco?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be nice. Also, IR LED spots on the side mirrors, attached at the Bronco bolt, may be an easy IR lighting situation.

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably am going to need to buy an IR capable dash cam. The front facing camera is too low and pointed too much towards the ground to see deer from longer distances.

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably am going to need to buy an IR capable dash cam. The front facing camera is too low and pointed too much towards the ground to see deer from longer distances.
But how will an IR dash cam help you. That would only be useful "after" you hit some object right. Dash cams that I use only record to document the problem and cannot integrate into the main screen for live views but if you know of a way I would be open to this too! Maybe you're talking about those models that have there on smaller screen?

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But how will an IR dash cam help you. That would only be useful "after" you hit some object right. Dash cams that I use only record to document the problem and cannot integrate into the main screen for live views but if you know of a way I would be open to this too! Maybe you're talking about those models that have there on smaller screen?
I'm not talking about a typical "Dash Cam". Im talking about mounting an infrared camera to the dash that is either always on, or only on when you are viewing its' output on the display. Perhaps an IR go pro or similar.
Ford Bronco Infrared light camera integration with bronco 12" screen 1635795469274

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, this is the only thing i found with a range that would work for driving at speed. Super expensive.
https://speedir.com/nightowlplus-thermal-driving-car-camera
Yep, that is pricey but wow is that cool. I am still interested in how you may set this up. If it can truly put the picture on our 12" screen, I may still try it as a DIY, maybe after a few other mods first ;)

Ironically, I just got good news. Mine was just unloaded at the dealership so super stoked to be getting it!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I wanted to do this I'd be looking at bypassing the ford infotainment software by using an android device (e.g. https://mycarstream.com/), and then finding an IR camera that has an android app and plugging the IR camera into the android device.
Sponsored