First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You could have a 7/15 holder at a dealer with a large proportion of early reservation holders, with them being outside of the 30% mark.

And an hour away at a small podunk dealer that didn't get a single reservation until 8/20, and their top 30% will get their Broncos before the 7/15 guy.
Exactly. Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. Its actually very simple. Ford can build 30% of reservations in MY2021, somewhere between 60,000-70,000 units. If they just went down the first 60,000 reservations taken, some dealers may not get any, or very few. Granger would get a ton. East coast would get more than west coast, etc. Of course they chose to keep dealers happy, and spread the Broncos around the country. We've known this would be the case for a while, don't get the outrage today lol.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they should reveal the numbers. I believe other dealers will have access to those numbers at some point, so there is no need to cover anything. I realize that numbers dealers got are shockingly low, but that is everywhere.

A couple of things in talking to a big tied in dealer:

1) The allocation estimates won't change a whole lot, as these were given by Ford to provide to customers. Assumptions are a 70% conversion rate...which does put the allocation rate for each dealer in that 30-35% range of orders that get converted. So if you're not in the first night or maybe two, it's not looking great.

2) Dealers for sure can put in an order that has a later timestamp and it get scheduled before one with an earlier timestamp. That's a fact, they said it in the Ford video to dealers.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, I have a 9/3 res so knew I would get a my22, but can't imagine being an early res holder and watching a 8/5 guy get his first because he is with a small dealer that didn't get many reservations, hard to believe @Ford would screw their best customers like this!
Are they really their best customers? I haven’t bought a Ford in 20 years but have 7/15 res. There could be life long ford guys with august res.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hard to believe @Ford would screw their best customers like this!
I think the machine itself has been designed and engineered well, from what we've been able to see.

But their back-office leaders (the Brand manager, the interior dynamic duo, the IT Rockstars, their options tiering, their dealership liaison, etc.) [basically the customer facing side of this launch] is in need of a major cleaning of the house.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know they won’t do it but in my opinion Granger and Stephen’s should get 100% of theirs. Just as a thank you for their line of communication and commitment to keeping the fan base informed. Ford wants their reputation to grow? Take a page out of Granger/Stephen’s book on clarity and honesty.

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then they should give 100% to my dealer too, probably a lot of other ones. Communication is so good at my dealer they should probably get someone else's allocation too.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know they won’t do it but in my opinion Granger and Stephen’s should get 100% of theirs. Just as a thank you for their line of communication and commitment to keeping the fa base informed. Ford wants their reputation to grow? Take a page out of Granger/Stephen’s book on clarity and honesty.
So just fuck everybody who didn't reserve there? I don't think so. If there was any "right way to do things" it would be fulfill reservations in order received, regardless of dealership. This is a nightmare no matter what, it seems. Can't please everyone, that we can all agree on.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they just went down the first 60,000 reservations taken, some dealers may not get any, or very few. Granger would get a ton. East coast would get more than west coast, etc. Of course they chose to keep dealers happy, and spread the Broncos around the country.
So? The dealer isn't adding any value to these transactions. The demand for the vehicle is driven by those that reserved first. I don't think that Ford has thought this through as you want to give them credit for. This just follows along with all of the other customer facing fuck-ups they've committed along this launch.

Within 30 days, we'll see the flannel wearing, garage hang-out Esteban apologizing again for this fuck up as well.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly. Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. Its actually very simple. Ford can build 30% of reservations in MY2021, somewhere between 60,000-70,000 units. If they just went down the first 60,000 reservations taken, some dealers may not get any, or very few. Granger would get a ton. East coast would get more than west coast, etc. Of course they chose to keep dealers happy, and spread the Broncos around the country. We've known this would be the case for a while, don't get the outrage today lol.
I have 7/15 res and I felt I was pretty safe with getting a MY21 and was hoping for summer initially and (up until today) around September after the first delay announcement. The low numbers of allocations (seemingly 30%) that are being spoken of here is concerning. Now I’m potentially looking at MY22 being delivered in 2022 with a day 3 reservation! Insanity! If that ends up true, that’s 18 months from my reservation to delivery!

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just fuck everybody who didn't reserve there? I don't think so. If there was any "right way to do things" it would be fulfill reservations in order received, regardless of dealership. This is a nightmare no matter what, it seems. Can't please everyone, that we can all agree on.
granger and Stephen’s maybe have a few thousand of the 70k. It’s a small percentage but I know it’s not practical.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Id be incredibly annoyed if I had a Day 3 reservation, wavering on making the cut.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And now I'm wondering about changing my reservation? Because if my dealer has been allocated based on the current reservations, then switching my reservation to another dealer won't change their allocation. Since they've already been allocated, it's not going to do me any good.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And now I'm wondering about changing my reservation? Because if my dealer has been allocated based on the current reservations, then switching my reservation to another dealer won't change their allocation. Since they've already been allocated, it's not going to do me any good.
Unless your reservation date is within the top 30% of all of their reservations as compared to your current dealer.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you guys understand this is like a two lane traffic jam. You can hop in the other lane hoping that you’ll get through it faster, but at the end of the day you have no idea what the obstacle is that’s causing the jam, and the lane you were in could speed up as soon as you leave it. Just keep your res where it’s at and wait until your order gets pulled. Really not worth stressing over but again that’s just my opinion.
Sponsored