Threads
Reaction score
Website
injen.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Received my Injen Intake yesterday after preordering it back when they released it. After a couple delays it finally showed up and I went ahead and installed it. Ford definitely didn't make it easy to swap out the inlet pipe but thankfully Injen supplied a tool to pop off one of the breather hoses that doesnt just pop off.

The reason why i went with this intake is they are also making a snorkel and this intake is made to work with it. First impressions is its not overly loud in the cabin but you definitely get to hear that induction noise which sounds great. I have a manual transmission and in between shifts it definitely is audible. As far as HP gains its probably minimal if at all but I definitely feel it in the Butt dyno.

Overall i would definitely recommend this intake but don't expect a quick install lol.

20230504_163010.jpg
Glad to hear everything worked out for you and we really appreciate the patience! We're not going to lie about the installation but it truly is a little cumbersome with the install but well with it when it's all said and done.

Great Job!
Sponsored

First Name
Injen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
injen.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you have any pics of this from the side, either driver or passenger? Curious if it'll clear my ARB compressor. Also, any info on the snorkel?

Sort of, but not quite. You'll see a small increase in power without any kind of tuning, simply because the engine and turbos don't have to work as hard to get up to that peak MAP value, meaning slightly cooler and denser air with less parasitic losses, which equates to freeing up a few HP to put into the crank instead. It won't be a significant difference, but it will be measurable. You also get slightly more power in other areas where the turbos aren't able to push MAP to its limit due to RPM not being high enough to fully spool the turbos. Higher elevations and hotter than standard conditions will prevent your engine from reaching peak power anyway, and these little mods will allow the engine to develop just a bit more power before the system starts limiting itself, relative to what the engine was able to do without them. The big thing is that with a tune you're able to fully utilize that extra flow and go beyond those limiting variables, and that's why packaging intake and exhaust mods with a tune will net the best results. The thing is, most OEM airboxes are pretty decent at what they do, so improvements are harder to come by, and other areas of the intake are usually the cause of more bottlenecks than the airbox itself. If you want it to breathe and produce the best results, addressing the entire intake and exhaust is the only path forward. When you address those parts of the system, you'll find the deviation between stock airboxes and aftermarket will increase, meaning there will be more significant gains when using a higher flow airbox that better compliments the rest of the engine that can actually utilize the extra flow afforded to it.
This right here is a very well informed and well worded answer!

Just to give a little context... here is the dyno graph from our own testing using our in-house DynoJet. Here you will see gains more at the top end of the RPM range. These are typically where most 4 cylinder engines shine.

Ford Bronco Injen intake installed on 2.3 Bronco EVO9300DYNO

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to give a little context... here is the dyno graph from our own testing using our in-house DynoJet. Here you will see gains more at the top end of the RPM range. These are typically where most 4 cylinder engines shine.

Just want to make sure I'm interpreting this right. Is this saying that with the only modification being this new CAI, you are measuring a 13hp gain somewhere around 5500rpms on the 2.3? If so that is both extremely impressive, and also goes against most common thinking which is that you might get a few hp if lucky). I'll admit that I am a skeptic but I would love to be wrong.

First Name
Injen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
injen.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just want to make sure I'm interpreting this right. Is this saying that with the only modification being this new CAI, you are measuring a 13hp gain somewhere around 5500rpms on the 2.3? If so that is both extremely impressive, and also goes against most common thinking which is that you might get a few hp if lucky). I'll admit that I am a skeptic but I would love to be wrong.
That is correct, the intake was the only bolt-on on the Bronco at the time of the dyno session. Obviously these numbers are not set in stone as conditions are always going to be different day-to-day and also the variation of each dyno reading different (hub dyno vs. chassis dyno, etc.). We here at Injen are all about the gains you get over the baseline. That's what really counts...

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is correct, the intake was the only bolt-on on the Bronco at the time of the dyno session. Obviously these numbers are not set in stone as conditions are always going to be different day-to-day and also the variation of each dyno reading different (hub dyno vs. chassis dyno, etc.). We here at Injen are all about the gains you get over the baseline. That's what really counts...
I am still waiting for mine to be delivered for my 2.7. An install video would be great.🙂 I am a bit intimidated at this point.😳

Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered my 2.3 hoping to get it soon!! Are June eta’s for shipping correct?

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Manual or auto transmission used for dyno results?

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will Dry filters work on this (S&B Filter for example)? Don't want to use oil at this point.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will Dry filters work on this (S&B Filter for example)? Don't want to use oil at this point.
I ordered mine with dry washable filter. If I remember correctly, you have 3 filter options. Been awhile since I ordered. Still waiting.🫤

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not so much the airbox on this or the K&N, it's the improved piping to the turbo inlet(s). Making a less torturous path means better flow, period.

If you could fit it up, you could probably use the stock box and the upgraded piping and get similar numbers.

Most CAI are just the air box itself, which is why most don't really do anything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chrisr24

Chrisr24

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered mine with dry washable filter. If I remember correctly, you have 3 filter options. Been awhile since I ordered. Still waiting.🫤
I was pretty sure i did too but got an oiled filter. Sent them a message about it. I always prefer dry.

First Name
Injen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
injen.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am still waiting for mine to be delivered for my 2.7. An install video would be great.🙂 I am a bit intimidated at this point.😳
We will be working on an install video soon. We're not going to lie, the install for the 2.7L kit is more involved but you can thank Ford engineers for that. 🤪

Ordered my 2.3 hoping to get it soon!! Are June eta’s for shipping correct?
👍👍👍

We do have a dry filter option for this application (EVO9300). 😁

We actually only offer 2 filter options, dry and oiled.

FYI, our SuperNano-Web dry filter does not need to be washed. Here is a quick video on the cleaning procedure for the dry filters we offer.

We really appreciate your patience and you will not be disappointed withe end result!

It's not so much the airbox on this or the K&N, it's the improved piping to the turbo inlet(s). Making a less torturous path means better flow, period.

If you could fit it up, you could probably use the stock box and the upgraded piping and get similar numbers.

Most CAI are just the air box itself, which is why most don't really do anything.
You are about 90% correct on this in regards to the air box vs. pipe. There is a bit of engineering that we do in order to mitigate the intake of ambient hot air while increasing the volume at the same time but that would be a conversation for another day. ;)

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Certainly interested in the Injen CAI, but I’ve kind of been waiting for S&B. Any reason I should wait or is the difference/quality likely marginal?

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will be working on an install video soon. We're not going to lie, the install for the 2.7L kit is more involved but you can thank Ford engineers for that. 🤪

👍👍👍

We do have a dry filter option for this application (EVO9300). 😁

We actually only offer 2 filter options, dry and oiled.

FYI, our SuperNano-Web dry filter does not need to be washed. Here is a quick video on the cleaning procedure for the dry filters we offer.

We really appreciate your patience and you will not be disappointed withe end result!

You are about 90% correct on this in regards to the air box vs. pipe. There is a bit of engineering that we do in order to mitigate the intake of ambient hot air while increasing the volume at the same time but that would be a conversation for another day. ;)
I know that I ordered a dry filter. Still waiting. I won't tackle this without a video.🫤

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting for my 2.7 to ship. I bought from Redline, they told me Injen will ship it directly when they have it. Injen???? I'm waaaaiiiiting.

that said I purchased the Injen because of the piping. When I looked at their system, it seemed the pipe had fewer bends, (full 90 turns) than some of the comp. Also wanted the fully closed box, K&N uses a foam piece over theirs.
Sponsored