First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Recently noticed the orange indicator lights on my door lock buttons are no longer working to show when the doors are locked. Along with that, my Parking Brake light is not lit when engaged but does illuminate when you first start the Bronco. Anyone else experienced this or know of a fix short of going to the dealer?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Recently noticed the orange indicator lights on my door lock buttons are no longer working to show when the doors are locked. Along with that, my Parking Brake light is not lit when engaged but does illuminate when you first start the Bronco. Anyone else experienced this or know of a fix short of going to the dealer?
Good afternoon! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can assist with your indicator lights concern

OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sent just now, thanks!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
youll just be told to go to your dealer by ford bot

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So far, my Bronco has been to the dealership 3 times for this issue. (First posted on this issue July 4, 2022)
  • The first time they did the Child Safety Lock recall and weren't able to figure out the dash light.
  • Second time they had it for a couple days, unplugged something in the passenger footwell to inspect/re-connect, and reset a code related to the ABS module. Stated it was fixed. I got to dealership and checked before I left and it still wasn't working. Had to re-schedule another appointment
  • Third time they had it for 2 weeks and had me in a loaner vehicle so they could consult with Ford engineers. Determined it is a faulty ABS module which they ordered and I am scheduled to go back Jan 2, 2023 for the install. I got my Bronco back so I could enjoy it, taking it to the fresh snow in the Sierras this last Saturday. Hoping the ABS module replacement will fix it, I'll keep you guys posted
NOTE: Parking brake still works fine and you can hear it engage but now knowing it could be the ABS module, it should work for a $65000 vehicle​

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

youll just be told to go to your dealer by ford bot
it's been at the dealer for a week and they are still trying to diagnose the problem... they tried to blame my lights and things that are on my upfitter switches... mind you there are no fuse taps or piggy backing. just straight wires to the upfitter wires and all properly grounded.

OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can share my issue with your service advisor and let them know with the help of Ford engineers, they determined it is the ABS Module

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So far, my Bronco has been to the dealership 3 times for this issue. (First posted on this issue July 4, 2022)
  • The first time they did the Child Safety Lock recall and weren't able to figure out the dash light.
  • Second time they had it for a couple days, unplugged something in the passenger footwell to inspect/re-connect, and reset a code related to the ABS module. Stated it was fixed. I got to dealership and checked before I left and it still wasn't working. Had to re-schedule another appointment
  • Third time they had it for 2 weeks and had me in a loaner vehicle so they could consult with Ford engineers. Determined it is a faulty ABS module which they ordered and I am scheduled to go back Jan 2, 2023 for the install. I got my Bronco back so I could enjoy it, taking it to the fresh snow in the Sierras this last Saturday. Hoping the ABS module replacement will fix it, I'll keep you guys posted
NOTE: Parking brake still works fine and you can hear it engage but now knowing it could be the ABS module, it should work for a $65000 vehicle​
any idea what the ABS code was?

OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will check my paperwork when I get home from the second time it was in, and see if it is listed and update later

Sponsored

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will check my paperwork when I get home from the second time it was in, and see if it is listed and update later
The dealership service tech that is working on mine says that the notes might even be in the service record on your fordpass app.

OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Inoperative Indicator Lights 20221215_104542

Here you go. This is what I got and when I got Bronco back, I checked before I left and it still didn't work

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did the ABS module swap fix the issue or are they still working on it?

OP
OP
BlueBoy

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Brought it in Monday and got a call 2hrs later saying they got the wrong part (obviously different part) and they needed to recontact Ford to get the part manual updated. Might be a dealer error but still waiting for correct part to get ordered. At least I can still drive it

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got this from my service rep at my dealer yesterday:

"One of the tech field reps. Called me. Told me to order a abs module for you vehicle.
He has been talking to the dealer and the rep out in California"

Also the Ford Customer Care rep that I have been dealing with extended my factory warranty (Premium care w/roadside) to 5yr/75,000 miles at no cost for my patience and inconvenience.
Ford Bronco Inoperative Indicator Lights IMG_8939779DB09B-1
Sponsored