Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bummer, thought there was more interest in a Raptor version.
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bummer, thought there was more interest in a Raptor version.
Oh, I'm super interested in a Raptor 2 door. But we have zero info whatsoever about it so I can't really say much at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get the 'GT' equivalent and maybe the 'GT350' at launch just to really blow Jeep's doors off, but they keep the 'GT500' waiting in the wings for next year.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But do you think there will be a Rubicon competitor at launch? There has to be right?
if so, will that vehicle be Raptor or Tremor?
Or does Ford think their FX4 trim will be enough?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But do you think there will be a Rubicon competitor at launch? There has to be right?
I'm definitely expecting a Rubicon competitor at launch. It won't be a Raptor. Maybe Tremor, FX4, maybe some other name. But it'll probably have the lockers, sway bar disconnects, what have you.

Then I expect that Ford will give us another step even above what a Rubicon gets, again at launch. They need to put a clear step over jeep, not just tie them. Again I don't know what that will be named, possibly Raptor. That's probably the one that'll come stock with the 35" tires, bigger flares, maybe the 3.0TT?

Then next year probably a version that's like the 'Raptor' but with something even more. Maybe a performance oriented hybrid drivetrain with silly amounts of power.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with someone who attended a private unveiling to dealers awhile ago. I guess certain representatives were flown out to see the vehicles in person and some sort of presentation.

when I asked about a “raptor” version this individual said that there wasn’t any mention of that in the briefing. However we can expect a “tremor like” package rolling out. He did note that the leaked photos of the 4 door makes it confusing because that vehicle was shown with the bead lock capable wheels which are found on a raptor trim level.

the last thing that was mentioned was how Ford rolls out their high performance models. Raptor didn’t happen until much later, same with the FoRS. “Ford usually observes how the market reacts to the entry trim levels before the release the super special edition stuff”.

I’m honestly hoping that we’re proven wrong and that Ford releases it on launch.

Sponsored

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I only care about the Live Valve Fox shocks on the Raptor. I hope that it gets launched on the initial Bronco offerings. It’s one less thing I have to worry about in outfitting my truck. Plus it would be covered under factory warranty!

I fell in love with the Raptor’s interior and from the spy shots, the Bronco seems like it’ll receive some of the goodies like the AUX switches and that alone has me sold.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke with someone who attended a private unveiling to dealers awhile ago. I guess certain representatives were flown out to see the vehicles in person and some sort of presentation.

when I asked about a “raptor” version this individual said that there wasn’t any mention of that in the briefing. However we can expect a “tremor like” package rolling out. He did note that the leaked photos of the 4 door makes it confusing because that vehicle was shown with the bead lock capable wheels which are found on a raptor trim level.

the last thing that was mentioned was how Ford rolls out their high performance models. Raptor didn’t happen until much later, same with the FoRS. “Ford usually observes how the market reacts to the entry trim levels before the release the super special edition stuff”.

I’m honestly hoping that we’re proven wrong and that Ford releases it on launch.
You are right that typically mfg’s rollout high performing models after the initial release.
However, The 2015 Raptor debuted shortly after the 2015 F150 and the Tremor was available at launch of the 2020 SuperDuty’s.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are right that typically mfg’s rollout high performing models after the initial release.
However, The 2015 Raptor debuted shortly after the 2015 F150 and the Tremor was available at launch of the 2020 SuperDuty’s.
I’m honestly hoping that it’s the same case here!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the Raptor version be more truck like (Gladiator Mojave) than a Wrangler?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Raptor on the 2015 body style was in 2017 IIRC

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With Ford giving the supercab Raptor the axe, I still think this is the Raptor Bronco Mule. Ford just doesn’t want to detract from initial launch and sale of a “tremor” package Bronco.

1BE93251-C271-4054-8179-17DB1FF0E61F.jpeg
Sponsored