BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn’t care less about a stripper model that very few people will buy.

I’m glad the optioned ones will undercut Jeep

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I messaged my buddy at Ford about if we’ve got updates coming soon/ what some of the dealios are with recent news. Here’s what I can disclose, I’ll start with the good news:

1. The raptor is either going to have a tuned 2.7 OR possibly a 3.0. To be decided.

2. Some form of prototype factory tube doors are being prototyped. They are trying like crazy to get them to pass crash tests. May be an aftermarket accessory though.

3. They are developing a BEV version. It’s a ways out though.

And now the mixed bag:

1. Pricing. It will start at a bit higher than a JL wrangler, HOWEVER there will not be a stripped down version with manual locks and windows it sounds like. Higher trims will actually undercut the Wrangler a bit. Honestly I wouldn’t buy a vehicle without power locks new so that’s fine by me!

The ugly:

Bronco will be the last 2021 model revealed. The baby and electric mustang crossover is first, then F-150, then Bronco. He said we will see some teasers but full reveal will not be until midway through next year. So take that as you will.
Some very good info!

I'm also happy to know that there will be a manual transmission and two door bodystyle available. I'm betting that the manual transmission will only be paired with the I-4, which is fine with me.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
S... I'm betting that the manual transmission will only be paired with the I-4, which is fine with me.
They designed it to handle 405 lbft of torque ... seems like overkill for the little car engine, but perfect for the 5.0 or 3.0/2.7

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67974-news-coming/

Woah. I'm not going to take this lightly... guy has been a member on the forum for 13 years and has 21,000 posts. Sounds like there was another dealer meeting where dealership owners(Called principals I guess?) were shown the Bronco and someone may have gotten spy shots. Also, this may explain the leak from TFLCar about the 33's and manual transmission, and also NBnewcar's post about being at the meeting and that the Bronco is awesome. He wasn't at the dealer meeting in April... there was one recently in the past week or so.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
get ready for some updates on the new stuff...Bronco...2 door and 4, removable doors and YES manual and Auto...and TWO drivetrains. Mach E...two battery packs, starting around 45k...0-60 sub 3.5. Good stuff is a coming....probably only a matter of time before hazy photos are released...someone you KNOW snuck some shots when dealer principals were at the meet.

I know its third hand, but our Principal is REALLY low key and mellow...and he was excited....the Mach E is apparently going to be sold as an MSRP unit with Dealers getting re-imbursed ala A plan style. Fords version of Teslas sales model?...

"So no hybrid, yet? I think we know its getting the 2.3L I4 and the 2.7L V6 already...."

Ill ask...my focus and excitement was bias towards the bronco man trans and Mach E....lol...in regards to the bronco he only stated initially at least , 2 drive trains...no mention of hybrid.

ok, nothing mentioned regarding hybrid Bronco, There was a2 and 4 door there...he preferred the look of the 4 door, but was open that it may have just been color. Other tid bits...BIG wheel and tire option. Mach E starts at 45k gos up to 60 ish. ( forgive me if I mentioned that before ...just a reflection of my excitement...my story and im sticking to it )

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s almost impossible to build a wrangler sport into something better than a rubicon for the price. The transfer case and axle regear, Dana 44 front AND rear axle, differential air lockers, rock rails, fenders, and WAY better tires/wheels and the mild lift is easily going to cost more than the premium for a rubicon would cost from the factory.

plus rubicon takeoffs have value if you want to upgrade to one tons/etc.
The Rubicon is the exception in the automotive world. With the 44's, lockers and rock-crawler transfer case it is actually a real performance upgrade not just a sticker on the hood. If Ford makes a real off-road model (like a Raptor) it might be worth the cost, otherwise a FX4 type with skid plates and rear locker would suffice as a starting point. Also, I think manual hubs are out of the question,. Does anyone know if the Ranger has vacuum hubs or an axle disconnect?

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m going to have to side with the sausage man here..
Without having the option of a strippy model the hard core guys that like to build, Fab, modify and customize won’t be able to afford the buy in and just consider it a fancy mall crawler..
Get ready. I have a few bets going on what to expect for the new Bronco when it finally comes out:
  1. Size/shape: It will look more retro (resembling the first edition) but bigger. I think the size will be comparable with the new Jeeps for a few reasons. They are going to need to have enough room to keep crash test ratings higher (think crumple zones) but, if they are going after Jeep, they will still need to have some room, especially for the mall crawlers and soccer moms. Make no mistake, that is the biggest segment of buyers so expect it to be bigger than the original Bronco's size.
  2. Engine: Coyote? Hahahahahahahahaha. Maybe by an aftermarket vendor for many reasons. Not from Ford.
  3. Manual hubs: Even less chance than a coyote. Economics.
  4. Mods: I am waiting to see how quickly after the reveal the "mods" will start being shown. No, I don't mean lifts and tires but the "Vader" grills and 52" light bars across the hoods. I think you will be able to count the time in hours or days, not months and the vendors are drooling for a new vehicle to offer crap for.
  5. Communities/newbies: Everything that you (and most off road oriented Jeep owners) laugh about with the Jeep newbies, you will see with the Bronco. Also, this forum will be inundated with requests for the cheapest (price) bumpers and winches, how to fit 35s on 22" dubs with the least amount of lift, cool stickers, etc...

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  1. Size/shape: It will look more retro (resembling the first edition) but bigger. I think the size will be comparable with the new Jeeps for a few reasons. They are going to need to have enough room to keep crash test ratings higher ... Make no mistake, that is the biggest segment of buyers so expect it to be bigger than the original Bronco's size.
Even the EB was wider than today's JL Wrangler. The only SUV I can think of that would be more compact than the jeep is the Suzuki Samurai.

Unless you just meant length. Or track width.

Sponsored

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even the EB was wider than today's JL Wrangler. The only SUV I can think of that would be more compact than the jeep is the Suzuki Samurai.

Unless you just meant length. Or track width.
It seemed to me that the early broncos were more narrow than the JL but if they were wider, then maybe that will be similar. From what I found, the JL is about about as wide in the body than the EB but the fenders on the JL make it wider. If they want to go for overall width to cover the tires, I do think that the new Bronco will widen by 4-5 inches from the original. I do also expect the track width and wheelbase to extend from the original by a few inches each way.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... From what I found, the JL is about about as wide in the body than the EB but the fenders on the JL make it wider...
Their width at the outside face of he wheels is about the same (74"), but the body of the Wrangler is 8" narrower (60" vs 68").

It's funny to think, but the body width of the Wrangler is almost a foot narrower than the Renegade (71"), while the track is greater. I'd actually like the Bronco to have a narrower body too, around 70", but it will likely fall closer to the Ranger and Everest at 73-74".

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best I can glean 2-door Bronco is:

"Slightly wider" than Jeep's 73.8 at the fender flares. Ranger is 73.3. My Renegade is 74.2 and is quite comfortable. I think Gen 1 Bronco was 68.5
LOA is 168-170. Jeep is 166.6 incl rear tire. Renegade is 166.6. Gen 1 only 151.5
Cab height is 71-72. Renegade only 66.5; Jeep 73.6. Gen 1 71.6

I think Bronco's gonna look pretty nice.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... CJ7s, YJs, and TJs had a body tub width of 59", and according to this post: https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/jk-tub-measurements.107808/post-1027011, JKs have a body tub width of 64". I couldn't find any good information on the JL, but they certainly aren't any narrower. ...
That would make sense, the latest generation Wrangler is certainly wider than earlier ones.

It doesn't really change the conversation though, the 72-74" likely width of the Bronco is still closer to the full size 79" than it is to the 64" of the JL, and every generaiton of Bronco including the little BII and EB are still wider.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the Spy photos thread, the power train will the 3.0 V6TT plug in hybrid with 10 speed Auto from the Aviator. It’s gonna be nuts!!!:handsinair:
Sponsored