Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best I can glean 2-door Bronco is:

"Slightly wider" than Jeep's 73.8 at the fender flares. Ranger is 73.3. My Renegade is 74.2 and is quite comfortable. I think Gen 1 Bronco was 68.5
LOA is 168-170. Jeep is 166.6 incl rear tire. Renegade is 166.6. Gen 1 only 151.5
Cab height is 71-72. Renegade only 66.5; Jeep 73.6. Gen 1 71.6

I think Bronco's gonna look pretty nice.

Just for comparisons sake, I made the post below in 2016. I updated the specs to the 2019 model year:

------------1976 Bronco------------- 2019 Wranglers
Length --------152.1"---------------- 167" or 188"

Width------------69.1"----------------------74"

Height -----------71.2"--------------------- 74"

Wheelbase ----- 92" -----------------96.8" or 108.4"

Now it seems I need to look up and add a body dimensions column....

I initally made that chart because , back when Bronco6G started, everybody said "Make it just a bit bigger than a Jeep, but not as big as an Early Bronco. Kind of hard to do...... but , as noted, Jeeps do not utilze all the room between the outter edge of the tires/flares for cabin space, where as a Bronco-type vehicle builds it's cabin all the way out. If they rode on the exact same wheel dimensions, the Bronco would feel/be much larger on the interior.

Last edited:

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So after seeing the 2dr and 4dr pics...I do not see Ford offering a 2dr Raptor version. That SWB is laughable for a “desert runner” and I don’t see Ford offering the big motor option in the 2dr which is fine by me because I think the 4dr looks waaaaayyy better.
Now, how long do you think Ford takes to show the Raptor version after the official Bronco reveal?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So after seeing the 2dr and 4dr pics...I do not see Ford offering a 2dr Raptor version. That SWB is laughable for a “desert runner” and I don’t see Ford offering the big motor option in the 2dr which is fine by me because I think the 4dr looks waaaaayyy better.
Now, how long do you think Ford takes to show the Raptor version after the official Bronco reveal?
Ford would be stupid NOT to offer a 2dr Raptor version if they offer a 4dr Raptor version. If you've already done the R&D for the chassis why wouldn't you give that option? Same story for the bigger motor. The only powertrain difference between the two will be a shorter driveshaft going to the back.

As for the wheelbase vs high speed, there's more to high speed off roading than the Baja peninsula. A short wheelbase vehicle is far BETTER for high speed off-roading on twisty roads.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The short wheel base, 2 door Pajero Evolution won the Paris Dakar rally 12 times.

A SWB raptor will handle itself just fine.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford would be stupid NOT to offer a 2dr Raptor version if they offer a 4dr Raptor version. If you've already done the R&D for the chassis why wouldn't you give that option? Same story for the bigger motor. The only powertrain difference between the two will be a shorter driveshaft going to the back.

As for the wheelbase vs high speed, there's more to high speed off roading than the Baja peninsula. A short wheelbase vehicle is far BETTER for high speed off-roading on twisty roads.
Sorry man, no way it gets the big motor.

and if Ford does offer a Raptor version, we don’t know that is even going to happen, the Raptor is a high speed desert runner. The Wheelbase is way to short for that and for towing anything that would necessitate the larger engine option.

all my opinion Which is worth 0

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The short wheel base, 2 door Pajero Evolution won the Paris Dakar rally 12 times.

A SWB raptor will handle itself just fine.
Jeezus here we go again....Dakar doesn’t have whoops like Baja and all the overseas vehicles that run Dakar are production based small vehicles they have that we don’t

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jeezus here we go again....Dakar doesn’t have whoops like Baja and all the overseas vehicles that run Dakar are production based small vehicles they have that we don’t
K.

Guess we'll see what they do soon enough.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What if I told you components that make up a raptor make it good at other stuff too....of course a 2 dr raptor would be good. Who doesn’t want more traction and more travel? What percentage of raptor owners run Baja anyway? 1?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep sure does. Doesn’t mean it will have the Raptor name on it.

why would ford build the 2dr Bronco R on an F150 if they were going to make a 2dr Raptor Bronco?

can you imagine the response? “Yes we have a 2dr Raptor Bronco but it’s wheelbase is only 8 inches longer than The Bronco R is wide which naturally created a vehicle not as stable for high speed so we used a modified F150 for the Bronco R that shares absolutely nothing with the Bronco. But ignore that last part and just go buy the 2dr Bronco Raptor.” LOL

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may have already put my foot in my mouth after seeing just the partial black 2 dr today. :eek:

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What’s the consensus for a Rubicon/TRD Pro equivalent at official launch? Will it be a Raptor or a “Tremor Like” version?
Sponsored