North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I attended the event at Bridgeport Off Road Park this morning, instead of taking more photos of the same Race Red Badlands that has been at a number of events I looked more into technical items. It was great to finally see the Bronco in person, it was everything I expected it to be and the think it looked great with the 33" tires.

Bronco Rep Insights:
  • One rep watched the MPG monitor while driving a 2.7 V-6 for a couple of hours at 55 to 60mph, he was getting 23mpg. When he kicked it up to 70 to 80mph for a couple of hours it dropped down to 18mpg, the aerodynamic brick in action.

The Ford Performance Accessories trailer and rep were there, some things I learned
  • DIO is in place but it is up to the dealers to participate, that maybe why we have not heard more about it as the dealers want the accessory and install profit under their own roof
    • Per @DentonDreamMaker in a post below: "I work for a dealer and I do aftermarket, as for DIO, there are not a lot of accessories you can add when you place the order in WEBDO. My dealership does quite a bit of DIOs and we can't add half of the Ford accessories to Bronco orders because it doesn't give the option."
  • The current Accessory shocks in the newest catalog are intended to give 1 1/2" to 2" of lift to the Non-Sasquatch Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and Outer Banks.
  • Non-Live Fox shocks are in development for heavier duty use, expect to see them about Q3.
  • He confirmed a fix for the camera being blocked by the winch is in work but he said they will not tell him more than that. Likewise, they are working on a software or hardware fix for the ACC radar box, by the intercooler, to form the radar beam into a more narrow pattern so the winch will not block it (this is my interpretation of what he said.)
Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_104733

Active Grille Shutters
Previously photos we had seen had the active shutters in a small center area of the grill. Upon closer inspection I found the active grille shutters are full length across the entire grill area, see photos below. for the motor end of the shutters.

Clearance in front of the radiator, behind the grill: there was 5" at the bottom to 6 1/2" towards the middle. This area maybe usable for a remote intercooler, like the Raptor, to move the intercooler away from the winch area.

Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103317

Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103327

Soft top cables: When the Dual Top Hard Top is not installed the cable and rear window washer tube nest into dummy fittings on the cargo area side wall.
Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_091607

Underhood Upfitter Switch wiring
Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103748

Badlands 33" tire to Control arm clearance
Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103758

Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103854

Intercooler ACC Box Close-up

Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103133

Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event 20210508_103127

D-Pin size: I took my calipers and measured the ID of the front modular bumper D-Ring mount. It measured .925" ID, so an industry standard 7/8" Shackle Pin will fit.
Ford Bronco Insights from Bridgeport Texas Bronco Event s-l400
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
good insights & write-up...looks like you brought a few friends with you.

Was the Webasto rep there, & did you kick him in the nuts???

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice to hear about the 1.5-2 " lift from the Ford Performance suspension, great for us non Sassers

RE: "The Box" they talk about ACC, but is there anything in there for rigs without ACC? Shutter Motor and collision avoidance stuff has been mentioned, but I'm not sure if by anyone with authority.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

good insights & write-up...looks like you brought a few friends with you.

Was the Webasto rep there, & did you kick him in the nuts???
No but the Accessories rep just shook his head and said he is not sure what is going on either but they cannot have anymore delays on the launch, speaking of all things Ford, not just Webasto. He also said he hoped the painted tops were not just a dream.

NEVER ONE TIME DID HE BLAME COVID!!!

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice to hear about the 1.5-2 " lift from the Ford Performance suspension, great for us non Sassers

RE: "The Box" they talk about ACC, but is there anything in there for rigs without ACC? Shutter Motor and collision avoidance stuff has been mentioned, but I'm not sure if by anyone with authority.
Someone on the forum said that is used for all models for emergency braking.

DentonDreamMaker

Raptor
First Name
Claire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, 21 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I work for a dealer and I do aftermarket, as for DIO, there are not a lot of accessories you can add when you place the order in WEBDO. My dealership does quite a bit of DIOs and we can't add half of the Ford accessories to Bronco orders because it doesn't give the option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I work for a dealer and I do aftermarket, as for DIO, there are not a lot of accessories you can add when you place the order in WEBDO. My dealership does quite a bit of DIOs and we can't add half of the Ford accessories to Bronco orders because it doesn't give the option.
Great insight, thank you, do you know what is Ford's hold up from getting more accessories into the system, has your zone rep told you anything?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The “box” is just a plastic cover for the ACC module but there is no module present if you don’t have Lux.

I encourage anyone else to confirm my findings but all models without Lux I was able to clearly see and poke my fingers behind it and there was just empty space. On a Lux trim there was the ACC radar module there bolted in behind that cover.
So is the emergency braking handled by the camera sensor behind the rear view mirror?

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The “box” is just a plastic cover for the ACC module but there is no module present if you don’t have Lux.

I encourage anyone else to confirm my findings but all models without Lux I was able to clearly see and poke my fingers behind it and there was just empty space. On a Lux trim there was the ACC radar module there bolted in behind that cover.
Today I learned that the ACC brains were located down there.

I had assumed it was all behind the windshield behind the rearview mirror like so many other vehicles.

Damn, I had plans to utilize this place for a front lisence plate mod.
Sponsored