Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on finally seeing them. Thanks for digging deeper into all things Bronco.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re gonna see em again... do you think you could measure the pattern for where the bull bar mounts? I can make slots, so it doesn’t have to be perfect center to center within each pattern, but the distance from one to the other would need to be pretty close. May be tough to measure each pattern without using a square though, since they need to be made like an angle with the distances from the corner. Yeah, I shoulda done this stuff at Super Cel, but I was too enamored 🥴

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you’re gonna see em again... do you think you could measure the pattern for where the bull bar mounts? I can make slots, so it doesn’t have to be perfect center to center within each pattern, but the distance from one to the other would need to be pretty close. May be tough to measure each pattern without using a square though, since they need to be made like an angle with the distances from the corner. Yeah, I shoulda done this stuff at Super Cel, but I was too enamored 🥴
Sure, let me see what I can get. For the curve, I should be able to measure the center to center of rear screens and measure the offset to the front curve, with that you can then plot it out.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • One rep watched the MPG monitor while driving for a couple of hours at 55 to 60mph, he was getting 23mpg. When he kicked it up to 70 to 80mph for a couple of hours it dropped down to 18mpg, the aerodynamic brick in action.
2.3L ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I work for a dealer and I do aftermarket, as for DIO, there are not a lot of accessories you can add when you place the order in WEBDO. My dealership does quite a bit of DIOs and we can't add half of the Ford accessories to Bronco orders because it doesn't give the option.
@Raptor22 can you please tell us when Ford will have all the Bronco accessories loaded into WEBDO so the dealers can add them to the customer order / invoice / window sticker and be paid by Ford for the DIO labor rate installation?

Raptor22

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Raptor22 can you please tell us when Ford will have all the Bronco accessories loaded into WEBDO so the dealers can add them to the customer order / invoice / window sticker and be paid by Ford for the DIO labor rate installation?
I'll find out!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@North7 great work out there.
Did you get any more info or even a feel for what the "heavy-duty use" is on those non-live shocks?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@North7 great work out there.
Did you get any more info or even a feel for what the "heavy-duty use" is on those non-live shocks?
Yes, we discussed the Bilstien ESCV shocks and compared them to the Fox non-live units. I explained with a 95% daily driver the Bilstein's sound like they would give me a comfortable on road ride and do well off-road, he agreed. He mentioned he had low back issues, as do I, and that I may find the Fox non-live units less comfortable and rougher riding as they are more intended for heavier duty off-road use, which I take it to mean they could be something equivalent to a 2 1/2" class shock.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from the Subaru world I've never understood the desire to have a huge front mount on a stock turbo engine. The moderately cooler temps intake temps never offset the delayed spool time on WRX motors. I can only imagine the effects are similar on a Ranger/F150.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, we discussed the Bilstien ESCV shocks and compared them to the Fox non-live units. I explained with a 95% daily driver the Bilstein's sound like they would give me a comfortable on road ride and do well off-road, he agreed. He mentioned he had low back issues, as do I, and that I may find the Fox non-live units less comfortable and rougher riding as they are more intended for heavier duty off-road use, which I take it to mean they could be something equivalent to a 2 1/2" class shock.
Rougher ride and heavy duty off road? Sounds like towing to me!

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rougher ride and heavy duty off road? Sounds like towing to me!
Interesting alignment of events:

2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EcoBoost V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog!
Other than the much more potent powertrain, expect the next-gen Ford Ranger Raptor – currently in development with heavy input from Ford Australia – to feature a similar array of Baja-bred suspension and chassis upgrades, including a FOX shock setup and a coil spring rear suspension.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting alignment of events:

2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EcoBoost V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog!
Other than the much more potent powertrain, expect the next-gen Ford Ranger Raptor – currently in development with heavy input from Ford Australia – to feature a similar array of Baja-bred suspension and chassis upgrades, including a FOX shock setup and a coil spring rear suspension.
Hmmmm, would be nice to see how it mounts vs. the coilovers on the Bronco.

DentonDreamMaker

Raptor
First Name
Claire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, 21 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great insight, thank you, do you know what is Ford's hold up from getting more accessories into the system, has your zone rep told you anything?
I have no idea what their hold up is, but if I had to guess, I would say it is because they don't have enough of the product.
I ordered a Trailer Hitch for Bronco Sport in January for a customer and still have not received it! I tried looking it up and now they don't even have the option to order one. Every time I talk to my Ford rep they say "we have 200 being shipped out" and I still haven't received.
They probably don't want to add to WEBDO because they just don't have enough.
Sponsored