Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told the parts for each 4600 Bronco were $100,000, and then the cost of labor. Quite a bit of labor to install everything and make it work, and quite a bit of fabrication to change suspension and steering mounts and to fabricate skid plates, roll cage, fuel cell, bumpers, Atlas II transfer case, and install the MoTeC electronics and new dash. Tons of labor on these Broncos.

Ford Bronco Insights into the 4600 Broncos at King of the Hammers & look at winch mount 20220129_095428
Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Randy is running a new Bomber car in 4800, Legends class. He's done that before. Part of his business is building a new Bomber car, racing it at KOH, and then selling it. The Bomber chassis works good for 4800 and 4400, the only real difference is single shock and 37" tires for 4800.

They were able to tuck the winch up really tight, and they only use the top part of the stock bumper so it looks like the fairlead is as high as they could get it. Also, the front is able to be a bit higher and keep good suspension geometry because of the portal hubs. We'll see how it works.
Ford Bronco Insights into the 4600 Broncos at King of the Hammers & look at winch mount 20220129_095428
I am intrigued and inspired by what they did here with the winch and skid plate. Definitely would like to do something similar.

OP
OP
goatman2

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think I mentioned that Ford had actually slightly detuned the motors. They went for reliability and fattened up the mixture a bit to help save the turbos. The guys still thought they had plenty of power. The Broncos would be a fair amount heavier than a stock Bronco with all of the extra equipment and protection.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have our first contestant for next year's KOH. Switching to a Bronco.😁

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good question, my guess would be you'd just have to unspool it with the controls unless you want to crawl underneath? So might not be a setup for someone that winches often.
I'd only get a winch for that just in case I get stuck moment and might still just opt for a hand winch or comealong. I don't have any plans to hit trails that pretty much require a winch to get through.
Famous last words before installing a winch. 😄

OP
OP
goatman2

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have our first contestant for next year's KOH. Switching to a Bronco.😁

This is what I was referring to when I said Ford was doing something to help other competitors build and race a Bronco. Didn't want to be out front with it. Can't talk about the purchase price....

Should be two more teams.
Sponsored