Inspected Cactus Gray

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had been trying to see a Cactus Gray vehicle for over a month without success. With the introduction of Lightning Blue, my mind was made up. Today I saw a new ranger at a gas station. I drove up and spoke to the owner. The color is nice. I was worried it looked too much like primer, but it certainly doesn’t. Hint of green? Who knows, I am partially color-blind, but it looks sharp and goes extremely well with the Gray/black trim. Had I been able to see one in person, I would likely have picked this just based on how well it goes with the trim.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had been trying to see a Cactus Gray vehicle for over a month without success. With the introduction of Lightning Blue, my mind was made up, but I saw a new ranger at a gas station. Drove up and spoke to the owner. The color is nice. I was worried it looked too much like primer, but it certainly doesn’t. Hint of green? Who knows, I am partially color-blind, but it looks sharp and goes extremely well with the Gray/black trim. Had I been able to see one in person, I would likely have picked this just based on how well it goes with the trim.
I struggled between Cactus Gray and Lightning Blue. Love them both, but probably going with LB as my other two vehicles are both Gray.
Ford Bronco Inspected Cactus Gray 20200807_192255
Ford Bronco Inspected Cactus Gray 20200807_192330

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I struggled between Cactus Gray and Lightning Blue. Love them both, but probably going with LB as my other two vehicles are both Gray.
I already have a gray 67 Bronco.

Ford Bronco Inspected Cactus Gray 91D9F8DB-C336-4150-99FF-BD62AF5662AE

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife and I were fortunate enough to find a nearby dealer with both an Area-51 and Cactus Grey Bronco Sports on the lot. [these are the 2 colors we've been trying to decide between]. I was leaning towards Area 51 and she towards Cactus Grey.

After seeing them both in person... both were quite nice... we finalized on Cactus Grey. Both really great choices... could almost flip a coin and be happy with either. :)

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had I been able to see one in person, I would likely have picked this just based on how well it goes with the trim.
You can still change your color. In fact you can change anything until Ford issues the VIN on your vehicle.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can still change your color. In fact you can change anything until Ford issues the VIN on your vehicle.
Yeah, we went back and forth on the wheels and the dealer zigged when we thought we zagged. In the order email it had the wrong ones.

I contacted the dealer and they were happy to change the wheels (not surprising, the ones we settled on are a grand more than the ones on the initial order)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had been trying to see a Cactus Gray vehicle for over a month without success. With the introduction of Lightning Blue, my mind was made up, but I saw a new ranger at a gas station. Drove up and spoke to the owner. The color is nice. I was worried it looked too much like primer, but it certainly doesn’t. Hint of green? Who knows, I am partially color-blind, but it looks sharp and goes extremely well with the Gray/black trim. Had I been able to see one in person, I would likely have picked this just based on how well it goes with the trim.
If you're partially color blind then CG is perfect!

See, here's what happens when you're fully colorblind and pick colors for your vehicle. A lovely shade of ripened apricot on the Toyota and a majestic deep ruby topaz on the Jeep.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're partially color blind then CG is perfect!

See, here's what happens when you're fully colorblind and pick colors for your vehicle. A lovely shade of ripened apricot on the Toyota and a majestic deep ruby topaz on the Jeep.
I used to work with a guy that had a bright yellow Ranger, I asked him how he ended up with that color. He said he was color blind and yellow is the only color he could see so it was a bunch of grays and yellow for his color options on vehicles.

20 years later... now that is almost the norm for the rest of us too.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I used to work with a guy that had a bright yellow Ranger, I asked him how he ended up with that color. He said he was color blind and yellow is the only color he could see so it was a bunch of grays and yellow for his color options on vehicles.

20 years later... now that is almost the norm for the rest of us too.
Truly he was a man ahead of his time. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you are uniquely qualified to work in Ford's "colors department"
Dude, you can't just throw him into the shark tank like that! There are a LOT of specific questions one must be asked and certified before somebody gets a job paying that much.

Starting with, but not limited to:
  • Do you attend art gallery openings every weekend?
  • Do you like fancy wine?
  • Do you like fancy cheese?
  • In your closet, is the only color of clothing you have black, off black, dark black, light black, gray, dark gray, medium gray, light gray, white, off white or taupe and made of cashmere?

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dude, you can't just throw him into the shark tank like that! There are a LOT of specific questions one must be asked and certified before somebody gets a job paying that much.

Starting with, but not limited to:
  • Do you attend art gallery openings every weekend?
  • Do you like fancy wine?
  • Do you like fancy cheese?
  • In your closet, is the only color of clothing you have black, off black, dark black, light black, gray, dark gray, medium gray, light gray, white, off white or taupe and made of cashmere?
Those are all really good questions that someone might ask a potential employee. Ford, however was more interested in the applicant's flannel collection. I have flannel, wear flannel and would love to make decisions like these base on flannel. I can start tomorrow.

Last edited:

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interestingly, cactus grey looks different with the naked eye and through the windows of your car. As I pulled up to a dealership today to look at cactus gray on a ranger, it was green through my windshield and side windows. However once I rolled down the window and looked at it with my naked eye it was straight up grey. Sealed the deal. Ordered cactus grey.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
  • Do you know how to spin the 'color wheel' like Pat Sajak???
Ford Bronco Inspected Cactus Gray tenor[1]

Ford Bronco Inspected Cactus Gray AdorableReasonableBlackbuck-size_restricted[1]

Those are all really good questions that someone might ask a potential employee. Ford, however was more interested in the applicants flannel collection. I have flannel, wear flannel and would love to make decisions like these base on flannel. I can start tomorrow.
One of the best bars in all of Seattle is is next door to Filson's in Seattle. We can do flannel up here with the best of them. FWIW, police in Seattle don't like flamethrowers in your exhaust. Nor burnouts in the streets. I think because it could set your flannel on fire.

Ford Bronco Inspected Cactus Gray Hooverville
Sponsored