Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0448

I got the Hooke Rack a couple weeks ago. I’ll post a link to that install. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/475-hooke-road-discovery-roof-rack-review.68710/post-1930263

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0556

And then yesterday I stopped by Inspired Overland to pick up my tent. I’m on a month long road trip and this was an early stop.

I can’t say enough about the friendly service at IO. They unboxed it and lifted it onto the rack. I just had to install the four brackets. Well, that did take a little effort but it really wasn’t that hard.

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0557

I knew I’d have to remove the rear panel so I had the proper tools. That gave me access to the rear mounts.

Note that the tent comes with two sets of mounts but for this rack you need the optional wider mounts.

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0559

Be sure to slip in the top spacers into the channel before bolting it up. Don’t ask me how I know to do this first. :p

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0558

Then moving to the front remove the panels and install the brackets there too. The nice thing about the Hooke rack is that’s it’s actually pretty easy to get the panels off.

Before final tightening recheck the alignment.

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0560

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0561

Then put the rear panel back on. I had some needle nose vise grips that worked perfectly to hold the top nuts.

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0570

I head out into the wild in a few days and will update my impressions of the tent. The tent doesn’t seem to add any wind noise on top of what the rack produces.

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed IMG_0568

Ferdinand was great to work with. There were three other rigs there at the same time as I was.

https://inspiredoverland.com/products/io-lightweight-rooftop-tent/
Sponsored

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great!! Nice work and thanks for sharing

abisen

Badlands
First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love your rig the green looks really nice.

I have the same model ordered 2.7/BD/SAS/MIC/MOD and was told that it does not support rack. Did you had to perform other remedial steps (other than the install) to ensure the vehicle supports the rack? What is the overall weight of the rack and the tent combined?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice. Great to see some features that GFC instilled with their Superlite and some improvements made (gas struts, elastic band to pull the fabric in, etc).

Though, 82” seems short. I’m only 5’9” and my feet hit the roof in the corner if I’m perfectly parallel and laying on my back and the Superlite is 90”.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same model ordered 2.7/BD/SAS/MIC/MOD and was told that it does not support rack. Did you had to perform other remedial steps (other than the install) to ensure the vehicle supports the rack? What is the overall weight of the rack and the tent combined?
There’s no physical limitation to adding a roof rack, etc. it’s just a calculated rating by Ford. I can’t remember if it’s the overall weight rating or the rating for weight up high or center of gravity.

For me I’ve gone with 0 offset wheels which increases my track width and should make the Bronco somewhat more stable.

In theory.

I don’t recall the rack weight but I’d put it at about 50lbs and the tent at 90. I won’t store anything in the tent aside from the ladder and a little bedding.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. Great to see some features that GFC instilled with their Superlite and some improvements made (gas struts, elastic band to pull the fabric in, etc).

Though, 82” seems short. I’m only 5’9” and my feet hit the roof in the corner if I’m perfectly parallel and laying on my back and the Superlite is 90”.
I haven’t even laid down in it yet. I’m headed to the Bronco Knoll in Johnson Valley today for it’s maiden run.

I’m documenting my month long road trip here:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-month-on-the-road-live-updates.74629/#post-1944400

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who told you the Bronco doesn't support a roof rack? I don't know the specifics of what you were told but Ford literally designed roof attachments on the top of the windshield along with foothold slots on the rear of the Hardtop for roof racks, Ford also sells its own rack. There are racks for both soft top and hardtop models.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who told you the Bronco doesn't support a roof rack? I don't know the specifics of what you were told but Ford literally designed roof attachments on the top of the windshield along with foothold slots on the rear of the Hardtop for roof racks, Ford also sells its own rack. There are racks for both soft top and hardtop models.
That’s not what they said. The Badlands with Sasquatch is not available from Ford with roof rack via a factory order.

No particular limitations with the aftermarket or Ford accessories.

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s not what they said. The Badlands with Sasquatch is not available from Ford with roof rack via a factory order.

" I have the same model ordered 2.7/BD/SAS/MIC/MOD and was told that it does not support rack " This IS what was said verbatim.... don't know what you read or understood but the post is up top my guy🫤 Whether or not a specific trim does or does not come WITH a rack from factory is NOT what was stated. ALL Bronco models are built CAPABLE of holding a roof rack, the owner will have to pay for Fords model via ordering or pay for an aftermarket. This common knowledge is EASILY accessible via research. As I stated, I don't know what the OP was told, but from the quoted sentence, it seems as though the OP was told same model ordered " does not support rack", what does that mean to you guy?.....

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

" I have the same model ordered 2.7/BD/SAS/MIC/MOD and was told that it does not support rack " This IS what was said verbatim.... don't know what you read or understood but the post is up top my guy🫤 Whether or not a specific trim does or does not come WITH a rack from factory is NOT what was stated. ALL Bronco models are built CAPABLE of holding a roof rack, the owner will have to pay for Fords model via ordering or pay for an aftermarket. This common knowledge is EASILY accessible via research. As I stated, I don't know what the OP was told, but from the quoted sentence, it seems as though the OP was told same model ordered " does not support rack", what does that mean to you guy?.....
The difference is that I knew what they meant and you took it literally. Because I understood the context.

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, SAS, Mic, 2.7, Lux, MR701
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I got the Hooke Rack a couple weeks ago. I’ll post a link to that install. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/475-hooke-road-discovery-roof-rack-review.68710/post-1930263

And then yesterday I stopped by Inspired Overland to pick up my tent. I’m on a month long road trip and this was an early stop.

I can’t say enough about the friendly service at IO. They unboxed it and lifted it onto the rack. I just had to install the four brackets. Well, that did take a little effort but it really wasn’t that hard.

I knew I’d have to remove the rear panel so I had the proper tools. That gave me access to the rear mounts.

Note that the tent comes with two sets of mounts but for this rack you need the optional wider mounts.

Be sure to slip in the top spacers into the channel before bolting it up. Don’t ask me how I know to do this first. :p

Then moving to the front remove the panels and install the brackets there too. The nice thing about the Hooke rack is that’s it’s actually pretty easy to get the panels off.

Before final tightening recheck the alignment.

Then put the rear panel back on. I had some needle nose vise grips that worked perfectly to hold the top nuts.

I head out into the wild in a few days and will update my impressions of the tent. The tent doesn’t seem to add any wind noise on top of what the rack produces.

Ferdinand was great to work with. There were three other rigs there at the same time as I was.

https://inspiredoverland.com/products/io-lightweight-rooftop-tent/

Snap! Nice set up. I'm trying to get my OVS 180 awning on the OEM roof rails. Not as easy as I'd hoped!

20230429_151658.jpg

20230516_181605.jpg

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snap! Nice set up. I'm trying to get my OVS 180 awning on the OEM roof rails. Not as easy as I'd hoped!

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed 20230516_181605

Ford Bronco Inspired Overland RTT and Hooke Roof Rack installed 20230516_181605
Has anyone gotten an awning on the factory rails?

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the rack can be physically attached with no modifications. OP is not saying anything different.

Ford literally won’t sell or install their factory roof rack on a Badlands 2.7L model due to overall GVWR restrictions. The restriction is specific to the Badlands 2.7L model.

Many of the aftermarket roof racks actually have the same disclaimer on them as well. It’s a liability concern for the manufacturer.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes and this was quite the controversy in 2020-2021 when we were configuring that first round of Broncos, and people with Sasquatch couldn't order OEM roof racks. There was speculation that it was a GVWR capacity issue, or Ford was concerned about rollover/weight distribution issues. Was there a resolution? Does Ford now ship SAS with racks?
Sponsored