Sponsored

Install Power Heated Ford Seats after sale?

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I did the math between a base 4 door and a Big Bend it came to about 9K between a base with V6 and aux switches and a Big Bend with 4cyl and mid package. That really means I’m missing fog lights, power and heated seats and a grab handle. More or less as I am changing wheels and tires anyway.

but…I am wondering/looking for input as to the idea of buying the powerheated seats from Ford (depending on part cost) and installing in my base ‘22. When it finally gets here.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You’ll spend more than the difference piecing it together

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I did the math between a base 4 door and a Big Bend it came to about 9K between a base with V6 and aux switches and a Big Bend with 4cyl and mid package. That really means I’m missing fog lights, power and heated seats and a grab handle. More or less as I am changing wheels and tires anyway.

but…I am wondering/looking for input as to the idea of buying the powerheated seats from Ford (depending on part cost) and installing in my base ‘22. When it finally gets here.

Any ideas?
I bought some heated seat covers for about $40 on Amazon and really like them. They have lasted me 3 winters so far. They have to be turned on each time but they heat up almost instantly.

https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Tech-Travel-Cover-Cushion/dp/B09G79PHMZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?crid=S7XS5C3B20P5&keywords=heated+seat+covers&pscroll=1&qid=1642639554&sprefix=heated+seat,aps,157&sr=8-18&wIndexMainSlot=28

I’m guessing Ford heated seats would be more than the cost of the mid package. maybe they can be installed on the stock seats though. Following.
Ford Bronco Install Power Heated Ford Seats after sale? E649A7DD-6262-4CF5-AE34-F5AEFC0D9F5F

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The easiest and most economical thing to do would be to get a set of Katzkin covers with heat option. Those will likely cost around 2500-2800 with installation. Trying to add the power controls to move the seat will likely be a wiring nightmare.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local top and upholstery shop quoted me $875 to install heating pads under my MGV front seats (see below), and said they could install the switches wherever I wanted them. That seemed too much for my tastes, so I may look into installing my self if it gets to the point I feel I have to have heated seats.

REMOVE AND INSTALL LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT BUCKET
SEATS....................................$875.00
REMOVE AND INSTALL CUSHION AND BACKREST COVERS AS NECESSARY
INSTALL SEAT HEATER ELEMENTS IN CUSHIONS & BACKRESTS
INSTALL SWITCHES ON SIDE SEAT MOLDINGS
INSTALL WIRING HARNESS IN VEHICLE AND REASSEMBLE COMPLETE

Sponsored

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d guess the whole seat is currently unavailable to order (ask @flip).

I don’t mind the manual seat… it’s actually faster to slide back between my wife (all the way up) and me (all the way back) than my mustang that moves SO slow.

The heating pads themselves are cheap. Even from ford. My dealer said 200 a piece. But internet says the brand they use is less than half that…

The stock dash controls would get pricey because it’s the whole lower assembly. But if you are ok with using a different switch to turn them on, it’s simple.

Dealer didn’t seem to want to do the work so no idea what they’d charge. 1800 be my guess.

I was quoted 600 by an upfitter if ok using what they “normally” do and installing switch on seat or center console.

But if you are good with hog ring pliers and have a place to work, you could put in heated seat pads for under 300 bucks in parts.

OP
OP

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you all. I think you are right, I have manual on my jeep (sorry, it going) and other than up and down, it’s faster.

Had no idea about the wiring, I must have wrongly assumed most cars have the same harness for efficiency sake. Why make and install versions - more $$$.

I did get the auxiliary switches in case. I like cloth in a convertible tho so maybe I just get aftermarket under cloth and hook to the aux switches.

Production isn’t until Feb - supposedly, so some time to think about.

Thanks!

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heated seat kits are like $100 and you just wore them up like any other accessory. Just need to find a good place on the dash to mount the switches. The difficult part is removing the seat cover. There’s threads on this topic. Some good YouTube vids too

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Heated seat kits are like $100 and you just wore them up like any other accessory. Just need to find a good place on the dash to mount the switches. The difficult part is removing the seat cover. There’s threads on this topic. Some good YouTube vids too

I can't get Mid Package on Big Bend and still get manual tranny - so looked at YouTube and found video on installing heated seat pads:

Sponsored