Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Install video is live on our Youtube channel!
This install video will cover everything for the TrailRax Ford Bronco Modular roof rack with the Pak Rax. This will be very similar to the 2-door and will give you a good idea of how to install everything. Let us know if you have any questions.

https://www.trailrax.com/collections/ford-bronco

Ford Bronco Install video of the TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the 4 door Bronco a7401040-

Sponsored

Last edited:

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok you include (4) M-6 x 1mm thread nuts but do not mention what they are for in the paper or video instructions. Because they were included in your FB-RR-4DR hardware bag loose with the carriage bolts I assumed they were for the carriage bolts. Nope too small of course. SO what are they for? 🤷‍♂️

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok you include (4) M-6 x 1mm thread nuts but do not mention what they are for in the paper or video instructions. Because they were included in your FB-RR-4DR hardware bag loose with the carriage bolts I assumed they were for the carriage bolts. Nope too small of course. SO what are they for? 🤷‍♂️

I think those are the optional nuts to use for the windshield accessory mount points, if you decide not to reuse the factory nuts.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think those are the optional nuts to use for the windshield accessory mount points, if you decide not to reuse the factory nuts.
Thanks, you are right. Appreciate you replying. I got it installed.

Sponsored

Robert LaBella

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great rack. What's most impressive to me is that the wind deflector really works and I found there to be no noticeable wind noise from the wind deflector ( I don't have the lightbar cutout). There's some minimal noise added from the sides of the rack but it's not much of a nuisance. The instructions were easy but as others have reported, the arrangements of bolts on the wind deflector makes it extremely difficult to tighten them. It just takes some patience and finesse. Aside from that, the materials are solidly built from quality materials. The fatal flaw is that if you want to mount items like the TrailRax Universal Modular Mount or Recovery Board Universal Mount, you need special hardware not provided with either of those items. The helpful staff member at TrailRax call-in number was able to guide me to the "correct" parts online. The rack uses a groove mounting system that requires you purchase drop-in T-nuts (1/4 20) and 1/4 20 bolts (1/2 inch) from Amazon. The problem is - those drop-in T-nuts don't fit. You have to grind them down to fit into the grooves. This is a pain in the neck. This rack is a great product, but they really need to provide appropriate hardware to mount items to the surface of the roof rack. I've attached a couple of pictures showing how the drop-in t-nuts don't fit (before) and the post-grinding fit.
Ford Bronco Install video of the TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the 4 door Bronco Picture1
Ford Bronco Install video of the TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the 4 door Bronco Picture2

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a great rack. What's most impressive to me is that the wind deflector really works and I found there to be no noticeable wind noise from the wind deflector ( I don't have the lightbar cutout). There's some minimal noise added from the sides of the rack but it's not much of a nuisance. The instructions were easy but as others have reported, the arrangements of bolts on the wind deflector makes it extremely difficult to tighten them. It just takes some patience and finesse. Aside from that, the materials are solidly built from quality materials. The fatal flaw is that if you want to mount items like the TrailRax Universal Modular Mount or Recovery Board Universal Mount, you need special hardware not provided with either of those items. The helpful staff member at TrailRax call-in number was able to guide me to the "correct" parts online. The rack uses a groove mounting system that requires you purchase drop-in T-nuts (1/4 20) and 1/4 20 bolts (1/2 inch) from Amazon. The problem is - those drop-in T-nuts don't fit. You have to grind them down to fit into the grooves. This is a pain in the neck. This rack is a great product, but they really need to provide appropriate hardware to mount items to the surface of the roof rack. I've attached a couple of pictures showing how the drop-in t-nuts don't fit (before) and the post-grinding fit.
Ford Bronco Install video of the TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the 4 door Bronco Picture2
Would a smaller carriage bolt & nut work instead of having to file down the ones they recommend?

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a smaller carriage bolt & nut work instead of having to file down the ones they recommend?
I’ve bought several different styles of 1/4-20 nuts and bolts from various places online without needing to grind anything. Just make sure you’re getting them for 10 series extrusion, otherwise you might run into fitment issues.

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you’re grinding things - you have the wrong size.
Sponsored