Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks to @justinbmcbride for putting out this installation video a few months back. We've had a few folks asking us for installation videos and he made a very nice video:

Check it out here:

If you've been looking for an easy to install mount for your ARB Single or Twin Compressor, look no further. KR Off-Road was the first in the industry to offer a commercially available ARB Compressor mount for the new 2021+ Ford Broncos. This system is 100% bolt-on and uses factory mounting points. With support for both 2.3L and 2.7L engines you'll be able to mount the ARB Single Compressor or the ARB Twin Compressor under the hood of your vehicle. The installation only requires a few hand tools and can be done quickly and easily.

FEATURES
  • .135" (10 Gauge) #304 Stainless Steel
  • Powder Coated Black Finish
  • Designed & Manufactured in the USA
  • Patent Pending
INCLUDES
  • 1 Compressor Bracket
  • 1 Support Bracket
FITMENT
  • 2021+ Ford Bronco w/2.3L Engine
  • 2021+ Ford Bronco w/2.7L Engine
WARRANTY
Lifetime Warranty for the original owner.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's not forget @Middleton_Sasquatch (Middleton Motorsports) video as well featuring the Sasquatch himself!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And one from Olsen Motorsports as well

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got my ARB twin compressor w/ the KR Off-Road bracket from @4x4TruckLEDs.com installed yesterday. Probably the hardest mod I've done so far, and I would consider myself very handy. It turned out great though and am very happy with my setup. I purposely chose to go the hard route and not wire it up to my AUX switches, which is part of the reason I struggled more and took longer. My philosophy on not wanting it tied to an AUX switch was two-fold.......1.) I have to pop the hood anyway to use it, so why not just put the switch right next to the compressor. Plus if there's a problem, I want to be able to kill it right there quickly, and not have to hop into the Bronco to turn it off. 2.) Wanted to save my AUX switches for things that truly need it and don't have another switch option as I'm nearing close to using all 6 of my AUX switches.

For those interested, here are the few things I struggled with and some tips to get around them:

1.) A regular 3/8" ratchet extension isn't going to work with a larger torque wrench. This applies to when you're tightening down the strut bolt for the vertical mount support. I wasn't able to get down that far to the bolt and apply torque to my wrench without hitting parts of the engine. So I opted to stop and buy a 20" 3/8" extension and that worked like a charm.
2.) Since I opted for using the ARB switch that came with it instead of an AUX switch, I purchased the KR Off-Road switch/air coupler bracket from @4x4TruckLEDs.com to keep things neat & orderly (it can be seen in the left of my photo). The bracket itself is great and not the issue, but installing it was so tough. You basically have to sandwich this bracket, the compressor bracket, and the CPU module all together and they mount with the same screws. So you're trying to hold up 3 brackets essentially at the same time to get the screws in. Then it's very tight working conditions to tighten the bolts down as the switch/air coupler bracket is now blocking access. With some trial & error you can get it down with random combinations and extensions of your socket set. Also, for the air coupler, I was only able to hand-tighten the large black nut that goes on the underside of it to hold it down. You'll never get a wrench in there. Time will tell if it vibrates itself loose, then I'll deal with it then for what to do. The one review on the website said the guy had to bend the switch/air coupler bracket up to tighting things, then bend it back down. I chose not to do that.
3.) If you want to adjust the rotating port at the top of the compressor where the air comes out, just stick a wrench in the top and loosen/adjust it that way. The ARB instructions state to take the cover off to adjust it, which was a bear to get back on. I later watched a video and saw you can adjust it without removing the cover, so go that route.
4.) Again, because I chose to use the ARB switch, my wires weren't long enough. The switch spade wire connectors and the red/yellow wire you then need to tie to the fuse box with an add a fuse weren't long enough since they are on opposite sides of the engine. So I had to splice in another wire I had lying around to get the distance from the swtich (red/yellow wire) over to the fuse box. It worked fine, but something I wasn't prepared for. All of the other cables are plenty long enough, but the one I needed wasn't. If you chose to put the switch on the fuse box/battery side you would be fine, but that location just doesn't make sense to me.
5.) When using the add a fuse in the engine bay fuse box for the ARB switch (as mentioned above in item #4), the add a fuse is a bit tall and there is no exit port for the wire, so the fuse box cover is a bear to get back on. I got mine back on, but there is a slight hump where the add a fuse is sticking up, and the wire coming out of the fuse box is bent to a 90 degree which is more than my liking. You could easily dremel out a notch for the wire to come out, but then you have an entryway for dust into your fuse box.

All-in-all everything worked out fine, and it wouldn't be a project without challenges. I somehow spent a full day on this without the wife yelling at me, so that was a success in itself.

Let me know of any questions.

P.S. I'm double posting this in two threads so people don't miss it who may need this info.

1.jpg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a specific torque value for the strut nut? I’ve not been able to find one.
Yes it's in our instructions actually :)

41 lb. ft.

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes it's in our instructions actually :)

41 lb. ft.
Yes, I found it right after I posted. I thought I’d deleted it! At my advanced age, I’m trying to read the instructions more frequently, but it’s an ongoing challenge. Sure a different way of doing things! 🙄🤪

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I found it right after I posted. I thought I’d deleted it! At my advanced age, I’m trying to read the instructions more frequently, but it’s an ongoing challenge. Sure a different way of doing things! 🙄🤪
I never read instructions :)
Sponsored