First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this is solid good looking change that doesn't hurt the wallet.

i'm stuck between base and black diamond. if i go base i would be doing something similar. i just don't know if i can live without the vinyl/rubber
I was in the same boat. I got the Black Diamond, and I think it looks great with the “32”s. I really love the vinyl interior with the rubber floor, and the other goodies on the BD (bumpers, skid plates, locking rear diff, switches).

The OP’s base with the bigger tires looks great!

C1BBE43D-1A46-4452-B868-DCD9BAF1EC42.jpeg
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not in FDRS to change at this time. Contacted Ford." I will try again in a month or two...
Please let us know if/when they can do this. The 33" tire size is the perfect look on the 2-door IMHO.

but how is the ride with E load tires?
That would be my sticking point with this size. I don't think there are any SL, C or even D options in 285/75-16 as this was a "truck" size for years and years. That's a lot of extra harshness on a 4,500lb vehicle. It looks great tho.

Reactions: FFF

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
agreed with everyone, looks good!

As per the first post;

"I think 33 inch looks great on the 2 door, and for my light off-roading needs is a good option for getting a extra inch+ of ground clearance while saving $4000+ as compared to the Sasquatch option. "

Don't forget the Sasquatch gets the rubber, the wider wheels, front and rear lockers, the 4A transfer case, the bumper extensions, and flares. If you just need the extra clearance (or just for the look) and have no need for the auto 4wd or lockers, then more power to you. The Sasquatch is still a bargain and a half for the other stuff (and you would get a goodly chunk of it back on trade-in or resale)

edit; I see manual at the bottom of your post, so that limits you. (thanks Ford!)

Last edited:

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good question! My only answer is, I don't know. However, if you are keeping stock rims as I did, I don't think it matters because 33" is the biggest size I could find that actually fits on the rims anyway.
This is GREAT!!

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are 285-75-16 tires (technically a diameter of 32.8 inches) , mounted to stock Base Bronco rims. No lift or spacers, and no rubbing in my testing. That increases the stock 10 inch tire width to a much beefier 11.2 inches.

Ford Bronco Installed 33 inch tires on stock Base rims - no mods required C1BBE43D-1A46-4452-B868-DCD9BAF1EC42

See video linked here for full testing with shocks/springs compressed and extended:

I think 33 inch looks great on the 2 door, and for my light off-roading needs is a good option for getting a extra inch+ of ground clearance while saving $4000+ as compared to the Sasquatch option.

Let me know if any questions and I will do my best to answer them!
😮😮😮😮 my face when I googled the tire place and its like 10 minutes from my haus! not only that, but another local bronco! I'm by north park. Im looking at tires, however I will probably just wait till these go bad to upgrade.

Sponsored

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious if you ever got the speedo recalibrated? I have my base arriving soon and I want it to look as gorgeous as yours does. Thanks!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really am tempted to get base and go with 33 swampers, bilstein take offs, and regear to 5.13 with fords front axle upgrade. Would be a beast especially with a tune.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious if you ever got the speedo recalibrated? I have my base arriving soon and I want it to look as gorgeous as yours does. Thanks!
Thanks for the compliment! No I have not yet recalibrated. I have seen a video on YouTube of somebody who did it themselves, but it seemed complicated and has risk of hosing up the computer.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

😮😮😮😮 my face when I googled the tire place and its like 10 minutes from my haus! not only that, but another local bronco! I'm by north park. Im looking at tires, however I will probably just wait till these go bad to upgrade.
I hope to see you around town some day! I drive around NP frequently

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope to see you around town some day! I drive around NP frequently
I saw your video, thanks for posting that. How bad did the mpg take a hit when you switched to 33’s (I know no one bought a Bronco for gas mileage, but I was curious)

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw your video, thanks for posting that. How bad did the mpg take a hit when you switched to 33’s (I know no one bought a Bronco for gas mileage, but I was curious)
Lost about 2 mpg

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Timinpgh do you have any photos straight on from front and/or rear so we can see the poke w/base fender flares? Pls and thx!

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Timinpgh do you have any photos straight on from front and/or rear so we can see the poke w/base fender flares? Pls and thx!
Here you go...essentially even with the flare
Ford Bronco Installed 33 inch tires on stock Base rims - no mods required 20210907_195332

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lost about 2 mpg
Was that taking into account the actual mileage difference for having the bigger tires without recalibration? You seem very thorough so I'm sure you did, but wanted to double check. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was that taking into account the actual mileage difference for having the bigger tires without recalibration? You seem very thorough so I'm sure you did, but wanted to double check. Thanks
Yes! Actual 2 mpg loss
Sponsored