First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So after getting a crack on my windshield 2 weeks ago driving on the highway, And countless times that I had to clean the bug splatter off of it here in Florida, I decided to go ahead and purchase the hood deflector since I was reading that it helps with minimizing the road debris impact to the windshield. After getting my windshield replaced by Safelite, I went ahead and installed the deflector (took about a week to arrive from Ford.com) and it’s safe to say it has worked brilliantly so far. There has definitely been far less bugs hitting the windshield and so far, nothing solid has made impact to it. Not only that, but I believe it matches well and definitely makes my Bronco look better. Here’s a couple of photos

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 3C0A11B6-AFEB-47C5-8718-4163900904B1

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector BF801611-DD2F-4CBE-BDF0-1B9BF4B42BD4
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for posting was contemplating getting one…might help during live bug season…
Im really hoping its not bad this spring

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So after getting a crack on my windshield 2 weeks ago driving on the highway, And countless times that I had to clean the bug splatter off of my windshield here in Florida, I decided to go ahead and purchase the hood deflector since I was reading that it helps with preventing from road debris hitting the windshield(or at least minimizing). After replacing my windshield I went ahead and installed the deflector (took about a week to arrive from Ford.com) and it’s safe to say it has worked so far. There has definitely been far less bugs hitting the windshield and so far, nothing solid has made impact to my windshield. Not only that, but I believe it matches well and definitely makes my Bronco look better. Here’s a couple photos

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector BF801611-DD2F-4CBE-BDF0-1B9BF4B42BD4

Looks cool. I’ve got on sitting in my garage that I need to install!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got one sitting in my basement waiting on a vehicle to put it on. Along with a kazillion other mods.

Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
So after getting a crack on my windshield 2 weeks ago driving on the highway, And countless times that I had to clean the bug splatter off of my windshield here in Florida, I decided to go ahead and purchase the hood deflector since I was reading that it helps with preventing from road debris hitting the windshield(or at least minimizing). After replacing my windshield I went ahead and installed the deflector (took about a week to arrive from Ford.com) and it’s safe to say it has worked so far. There has definitely been far less bugs hitting the windshield and so far, nothing solid has made impact to my windshield. Not only that, but I believe it matches well and definitely makes my Bronco look better. Here’s a couple photos

I feel it was worth every penny. Keeps most the bugs off my windshield .

F97ACA4F-5B32-4362-8724-72CB873519A0.jpeg

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great! This one's on my wish list.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector F97ACA4F-5B32-4362-8724-72CB873519A0

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector F97ACA4F-5B32-4362-8724-72CB873519A0
Thanks! I’d been on the fence, but just ordered one.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A word of caution to those installing the deflector:

The install kit comes with a couple of isopropyl alcohol wipes, as well as a solution they tell you to run across the surface where the deflector adheres to the hood. I suggest you DO NOT use the solution included with the install kit.

I originally received the wrong deflector (a Bronco Sport one) and didn’t notice until AFTER I had cleaned the hood and applied the solution, which smelled suspiciously of paint thinner. Needless to say, I had to return that deflector and get the right one.

Anyways, it took a day to get the correct deflector, but a day later, I had noticed light discoloration / PPF smudging where I had wiped the mystery solution onto my hood. Fortunately the solution was only on the PPF, so after a thorough wiping with more alcohol, a hot water bath to smooth out the PPF, and a wiping of goo-gone to remove some type of sludge that came from the solution, the problem areas are 95% back to normal. You’d only notice discoloration if you REALLY looked for it, but it’s still there.

I got the correct deflector and installed it after cleaning up my mistake, and it holds just fine without that terrible stuff.

Learn from my mistake!

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great! Can you share details on your KC lights and brackets? I’d like to do something similar.
Yeah totally 🤘
Bodyguardbumper mounts is what ya need and then you can hook up whatever lights you want :)

Ylekiot

Black Diamond
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LX570, Lexus GX470, Land Rover, 21'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because it’s held on by tape, I wonder if it would hurt hood ppf to install the deflector?
I am wondering the same thing. I have not installed it yet since I am wondering if I should remove the protective film on the hood to put the deflector on, Anyone?

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A word of caution to those installing the deflector:

The install kit comes with a couple of isopropyl alcohol wipes, as well as a solution they tell you to run across the surface where the deflector adheres to the hood. I suggest you DO NOT use the solution included with the install kit.

I originally received the wrong deflector (a Bronco Sport one) and didn’t notice until AFTER I had cleaned the hood and applied the solution, which smelled suspiciously of paint thinner. Needless to say, I had to return that deflector and get the right one.

Anyways, it took a day to get the correct deflector, but a day later, I had noticed light discoloration / PPF smudging where I had wiped the mystery solution onto my hood. Fortunately the solution was only on the PPF, so after a thorough wiping with more alcohol, a hot water bath to smooth out the PPF, and a wiping of goo-gone to remove some type of sludge that came from the solution, the problem areas are 95% back to normal. You’d only notice discoloration if you REALLY looked for it, but it’s still there.

I got the correct deflector and installed it after cleaning up my mistake, and it holds just fine without that terrible stuff.

Learn from my mistake!
I have the deflector in the basement waiting to install in spring due to freezing temps, but I was wondering this exact thing... What the hell is in the mystery pouch labeled "surface prep"? It says on the pouch that it must be used. I was concerned about putting this stuff on my paint so I called Aeroskinz and they said they didn't know what it was or why it was included in the package and suggested I not use it. I will certainly wash the car and use the provided alcohol wipes but not the mystery surface prep stuff. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MIne is still on back order.......3 weeks now....through TC Customs
Sponsored