Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think these look nice, and functional (bonus).
Guessing for $60.73 after tax using discount code ACC20 and dealer pickup on Ford's site, it's a no brainer?
That's a steal! I have some early pics of my Bronco without the deflector, and it looks weird without it. Can't imagine rolling around without it. Seems like it helps to deflect bugs, rocks, debris, etc., but I have Dynoflex on my windshield too (way too many construction vehicles in Austin).
Sponsored

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have the deflector over ppf? I’m having ppf and ceramic done and the installer said emblems installed over ppf/ceramic won’t work well since it won’t adhere.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have the deflector over ppf? I’m having ppf and ceramic done and the installer said emblems installed over ppf/ceramic won’t work well since it won’t adhere.
It work fineđź‘Ť I have PPF over ceramic

Sponsored

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple questions. How much MPG drop have y'all seen? Have anyone installed without the prep pad? Thanks

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting ready to install mine tomorrow. I can’t imagine enough additional drag to be measurable regarding mpg.

I m going to use both the alcohol pad and the tack rag/chemical. Going to attempt to wipe only where the 2 sided tape adheres.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A word of caution to those installing the deflector:

The install kit comes with a couple of isopropyl alcohol wipes, as well as a solution they tell you to run across the surface where the deflector adheres to the hood. I suggest you DO NOT use the solution included with the install kit.

I originally received the wrong deflector (a Bronco Sport one) and didn’t notice until AFTER I had cleaned the hood and applied the solution, which smelled suspiciously of paint thinner. Needless to say, I had to return that deflector and get the right one.

Anyways, it took a day to get the correct deflector, but a day later, I had noticed light discoloration / PPF smudging where I had wiped the mystery solution onto my hood. Fortunately the solution was only on the PPF, so after a thorough wiping with more alcohol, a hot water bath to smooth out the PPF, and a wiping of goo-gone to remove some type of sludge that came from the solution, the problem areas are 95% back to normal. You’d only notice discoloration if you REALLY looked for it, but it’s still there.

I got the correct deflector and installed it after cleaning up my mistake, and it holds just fine without that terrible stuff.

Learn from my mistake!
Is it still holding up?
After the alcohol wipe, I wiped it with the surface prep pad. The hood became very sticky instantly and the surface prep pad started disintegrating on the hood with white pieces of the pad stuck on to the hood. So I abandoned the install process and cleaned off the hood. Now, trying to see how to proceed

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it still holding up?
After the alcohol wipe, I wiped it with the surface prep pad. The hood became very sticky instantly and the surface prep pad started disintegrating on the hood with white pieces of the pad stuck on to the hood. So I abandoned the install process and cleaned off the hood. Now, trying to see how to proceed
I'd have some concern about the hood feeling sticky, in case that prep solution is softening the surface. What's ideal for max adhesion might not be ideal for the hood surface.

Last edited:

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it still holding up?
Still holding up!

I’ve had zero issues with it since that whole ordeal. Survived at least two Chicago winters so far.

Snapped a couple of pics just now for ya…

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector IMG_1080

IMG_1079.jpeg

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still holding up!

I’ve had zero issues with it since that whole ordeal. Survived at least two Chicago winters so far.

Snapped a couple of pics just now for ya…

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector IMG_1079

IMG_1079.jpeg
Thank you for the pics
Well I wiped it again with just alcohol and then installed it. After I removed the top tape, found that it’s misaligned : ( pried it off and then stuck it again and removed the bottom and side tapes. We’ll see how long the glue lasts!
Sponsored