Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after getting a crack on my windshield 2 weeks ago driving on the highway, And countless times that I had to clean the bug splatter off of my windshield here in Florida, I decided to go ahead and purchase the hood deflector since I was reading that it helps with preventing from road debris hitting the windshield(or at least minimizing). After replacing my windshield I went ahead and installed the deflector (took about a week to arrive from Ford.com) and it’s safe to say it has worked so far. There has definitely been far less bugs hitting the windshield and so far, nothing solid has made impact to my windshield. Not only that, but I believe it matches well and definitely makes my Bronco look better. Here’s a couple photos

3C0A11B6-AFEB-47C5-8718-4163900904B1.jpeg

BF801611-DD2F-4CBE-BDF0-1B9BF4B42BD4.jpeg

Can you confirm, please, that the deflector at https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-aeroskin-black-smoke-hood-deflector is the correct one, the one that you installed?
Sponsored

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am wondering the same thing. I have not installed it yet since I am wondering if I should remove the protective film on the hood to put the deflector on, Anyone?
I installed mine directly onto the factory-installed PPF strip on the front of the hood. It’s holding up fine, you just have to make sure you don’t have any creases in the adhesive strip before you fully peel the backing and apply pressure to it to permanently affix it.

A two-inch peel-back of the red lining to expose the gray adhesive strips, on each side of the individual strips (there’s like 6 strips I believe) is what you’ll need to get started and properly situate your deflector. I put a good crease into the red lining, and painters tape to stick the little red pull tab it creates onto the top-side of the deflector. Using the painters tape prevents the red lining you peeled from folding back onto the adhesive strips unintentionally.

OH. Also I strongly suggest you use a razor to separate the red lining from the adhesive strip in order to get it setup as stated above. In my experience, using your finger nails tends to crease up the corners where you picked at it, which could cause a detachment down the road.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome! I have one sitting in my garage as well just waiting for my Bronco to arrive. I felt it was money well spent and I also think it actually looks pretty good and matches.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! Any fitment issues?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought from with the https://accessories.ford.com/ with the 15% discount and free shipping to the dealership. I didn’t see it cheaper anywhere else.

Sponsored

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks awesome! I have one sitting in my garage as well just waiting for my Bronco to arrive. I felt it was money well spent and I also think it actually looks pretty good and matches.
It does! I was hesitant myself at first, but that crack on my windshield was the deciding factor for me lol

I dont regret it at all. Some things just happen for a reason :LOL:

OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 1638464336173

Just for clarity, I have the Black Textured Trail Deflector. I think It matches well with the plastic bumper and looks more rugged overall. Plus its raised, which makes me think it may offer extra protection.
Sponsored