John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that doesnt look like the same one. His picture shows that its raised at the back and that one you linked is smooth. I wonder how much difference it makes?
There a textured and smooth one. I got the smooth, and OP got the textured. I think it just depends on your color scheme. There’s technically extra drag from the texture, but it probably doesn’t make much difference.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that doesnt look like the same one. His picture shows that its raised at the back and that one you linked is smooth. I wonder how much difference it makes?
You are absolutely right, that's what I get for looking on too many sites, I just missed it. I knew the one he was looking for, but he found it already so there you go.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There a textured and smooth one. I got the smooth, and OP got the textured. I think it just depends on your color scheme. There’s technically extra drag from the texture, but it probably doesn’t make much difference.
I think theres more difference. look at the bump on the trailing edge.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-aeroskin-black-smoke-hood-deflector
vs
https://accessories.ford.com/produc...-ii-black-textured-trail-armor-hood-deflector

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So after getting a crack on my windshield 2 weeks ago driving on the highway, And countless times that I had to clean the bug splatter off of it here in Florida, I decided to go ahead and purchase the hood deflector since I was reading that it helps with minimizing the road debris impact to the windshield. After getting my windshield replaced by Safelite, I went ahead and installed the deflector (took about a week to arrive from Ford.com) and it’s safe to say it has worked brilliantly so far. There has definitely been far less bugs hitting the windshield and so far, nothing solid has made impact to it. Not only that, but I believe it matches well and definitely makes my Bronco look better. Here’s a couple of photos

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 20C1EB94-D9F5-4F17-B358-78D48D57DB60

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 20C1EB94-D9F5-4F17-B358-78D48D57DB60
How are you liking yours I just ordered this today I’ll have my bronco in 2 weeks and didn’t want to take a chance getting a broken windshield

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wondering the same thing. I have not installed it yet since I am wondering if I should remove the protective film on the hood to put the deflector on, Anyone?
I am considering getting a deflector. The raised edge probably offers some extra protection. Does it obscure the forward view any? I am also thinking of adding a strip of PPF before installing to protect the paint if that does not cause any issues?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Let us know how well it works for rocks. I get the bugs, I’m not buying that the rocks care much about the air rushing over the hood. Maybe the small ones, but the boulders coming off the construction trucks around here don’t seem to be to aerodynamic. But they do seem to fly quite a lot :cool:

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am considering getting a deflector. The raised edge probably offers some extra protection. Does it obscure the forward view any? I am also thinking of adding a strip of PPF before installing to protect the paint if that does not cause any issues?
I installed the one with the raised edge and I like it. Doesn’t obscure the forward view. Provides a good visual frame of reference and complements the corner tie downs nicely. Probably doesn’t guarantee anything regarding windshield damage but hopefully helps a bit. Will 1) definitely protect the leading edge of the hood and 2) provide some lessening of damage to the remainder of the hood. If you like the look, it seems like fairly cheap insurance.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the one with the raised edge and I like it. Doesn’t obscure the forward view. Provides a good visual frame of reference and complements the corner tie downs nicely. Probably doesn’t guarantee anything regarding windshield damage but hopefully helps a bit. Will 1) definitely protect the leading edge of the hood and 2) provide some lessening of damage to the remainder of the hood. If you like the look, it seems like fairly cheap insurance.
Thanks for the feedback. I drove a demo unit with the non-raised version and it looked good. I will go with the raised for extra protection

Sponsored
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG GT, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 176A9019
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 176A8946
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 176A9031
I love mine! @Last Ride Bronco @Ylekiot and @JHawk, XPEL installed it for me after a full front wrap including A-pillars and the top body pieces above the windshield.

I have seen where some folks cut a small notch into the bottom center of the deflector to help it drain better. I didn't do that, and haven't had any issues so far. I do find comfort in knowing that whatever does get stuck underneath (mud? salt?) will sit on the PPF and not on the body paint.

On an unrelated note, I also had XPEL Prime XR tint put on the front doors and on the windshield. Makes all the difference! Avoid XR Plus, as they say it adds a blueish tint.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love mine! @Last Ride Bronco @Ylekiot and @JHawk, XPEL installed it for me after a full front wrap including A-pillars and the top body pieces above the windshield.

I have seen where some folks cut a small notch into the bottom center of the deflector to help it drain better. I didn't do that, and haven't had any issues so far. I do find comfort in knowing that whatever does get stuck underneath (mud? salt?) will sit on the PPF and not on the body paint.

On an unrelated note, I also had XPEL Prime XR tint put on the front doors and on the windshield. Makes all the difference! Avoid XR Plus, as they say it adds a blueish tint.
The deflector looks good. Your ride looks great!

First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG GT, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The deflector looks good. Your ride looks great!
Thank you! It has Go Rhino DSS’s on it now too (separate thread and pics), and I have the Valkyrie license plate relo kit waiting for black vanity plates… should keep with the color theme. :)

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, have you installed the Aeroskin yet? I'm considering the same thing! I ordered the PPF from Ford and found that the PPF doesn't cover the leading edge, which is really disappointing! So I'm thinking of adding the Aeroskin over the PPF, but does the Aeroskin actually cover the complete leading edge of the hood?

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you! It has Go Rhino DSS’s on it now too (separate thread and pics), and I have the Valkyrie license plate relo kit waiting for black vanity plates… should keep with the color theme. :)
Does the Aeroskin cover the complete leading edge of the hood?
Sponsored