First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here you go. I brightened the wide angle shot so you can zoom in and see for yourself. One thing to note is that my deflector wasn’t completely straight on the bottom, so you’ll see the recut lines. Taking therapy to let it slide past my OCD. Hahaha.
E669FB24-E144-48F0-9670-8E440EB4F73A.jpeg
D44A23B4-8615-4FB5-9E26-0D929250515A.jpeg
Sorry to hit you with so many questions, but is that how it sits on the hood or can you adjust the deflector down more towards the edge to have it even with the edge, or even a little below the edge for most coverage?
Sponsored

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hit you with so many questions, but is that how it sits on the hood or can you adjust the deflector down more towards the edge to have it even with the edge, or even a little below the edge for most coverage?
You can adjust it to be flush or slightly hangover, the body lines still line up pretty close.

The instructions recommended 1/8 inch above the edge so you will probably see that the most.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can adjust it to be flush or slightly hangover, the body lines still line up pretty close.

The instructions recommended 1/8 inch above the edge so you will probably see that the most.
Thanks for the info!

First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG GT, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just to add onto this, I believe the lip has definitely protected my windshield from a rock or two, I check it every once in a while and will see some debris on it that looked like it could've been small rocks or something solid.

Also- far less bugs hitting my windshield at night, thank God
Same! It makes a big difference. I did add PPF to the A-pillars and to the trim above the windshield as well, just in case debri doesn't make it over the top of the Bronco. I had a BMW Z4 Coupe (yes, I know it's a totally different vehicle) that took tons of rocks to the upper windshield trim, so I've PPF'd that area ever since... in additional to the door handles, etc. etc.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same! It makes a big difference. I did add PPF to the A-pillars and to the trim above the windshield as well, just in case debri doesn't make it over the top of the Bronco. I had a BMW Z4 Coupe (yes, I know it's a totally different vehicle) that took tons of rocks to the upper windshield trim, so I've PPF'd that area ever since... in additional to the door handles, etc. etc.
Yes, me too! I ordered from DRIVEPROTECTED the A-Pillar PPF and the PPF for the colored strip under the grill, so waiting for it to arrive! I just applied the PPF to the Signature lighting, too!

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

People have mentioned wind in the cowl and pushing through vents on another thread and I notice none of that with this installed, though I didn't test before to see if it happens.

First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
People have mentioned wind in the cowl and pushing through vents on another thread and I notice none of that with this installed, though I didn't test before to see if it happens.
Now that you mention it, I was getting a ton of buffeting before, so I’ve been driving with recirculating a/c on. Ran out to the Bronco and drove it with recirculating off (around 65mph), and it’s still there, but much better. I’d say its 50-75% better. The GF said she only noticed it this time because I mentioned it, where it was overwhelming before.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that you mention it, I was getting a ton of buffeting before, so I’ve been driving with recirculating a/c on. Ran out to the Bronco and drove it with recirculating off (around 65mph), and it’s still there, but much better. I’d say its 50-75% better. The GF said she only noticed it this time because I mentioned it, where it was overwhelming before.
Interesting, I haven't noticed any buffeting, though I'm not on a highway too often. Most of my highway noise is the back windows flapping a bit.

Sponsored
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting, I haven't noticed any buffeting, though I'm not on a highway too often. Most of my highway noise is the back windows flapping a bit.
Pretty sure I used to feel it at speed as low as 40/45, but it might have also been super windy on those days. Either way, if/when it happens, it’s pretty noticeable, so you might be one of the lucky ones.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, have you installed the Aeroskin yet? I'm considering the same thing! I ordered the PPF from Ford and found that the PPF doesn't cover the leading edge, which is really disappointing! So I'm thinking of adding the Aeroskin over the PPF, but does the Aeroskin actually cover the complete leading edge of the hood?
I have not been scheduled yet but this is one of the first things that I plan to add.

Sorry for the delay. I have been out for Christmas. Drive from Denver to KC today. Several sports on the road but no big brothers.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A word of caution to those installing the deflector:

The install kit comes with a couple of isopropyl alcohol wipes, as well as a solution they tell you to run across the surface where the deflector adheres to the hood. I suggest you DO NOT use the solution included with the install kit.

I originally received the wrong deflector (a Bronco Sport one) and didn’t notice until AFTER I had cleaned the hood and applied the solution, which smelled suspiciously of paint thinner. Needless to say, I had to return that deflector and get the right one.

Anyways, it took a day to get the correct deflector, but a day later, I had noticed light discoloration / PPF smudging where I had wiped the mystery solution onto my hood. Fortunately the solution was only on the PPF, so after a thorough wiping with more alcohol, a hot water bath to smooth out the PPF, and a wiping of goo-gone to remove some type of sludge that came from the solution, the problem areas are 95% back to normal. You’d only notice discoloration if you REALLY looked for it, but it’s still there.

I got the correct deflector and installed it after cleaning up my mistake, and it holds just fine without that terrible stuff.

Learn from my mistake!
Thanks for the info! I too had the Ford PPF installed when built, so no you've had no problems so far with the deflector installed on the PPF? I'm hoping to order from Ford before the end of the year for the 15% off!

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the info! I too had the Ford PPF installed when built, so no you've had no problems so far with the deflector installed on the PPF? I'm hoping to order from Ford before the end of the year for the 15% off!
So you installed the Aeroskin over the PPF? I have factory Ford PPF, which doesn't cover the leading edge, which really disappoints me! I'm hoping to cover up the leading edge of the hood with the Aeroskin. So just use some type of Tac solution (water & isopropyl alcohol), like you use to install PPF, to clean the surface prior to installation?

No problems so far! My deflector sits a mm or two behind the hood lip, but it's not something you'd notice unless you get right up on it.

I don’t garage park, so my deflector has had its fair share of exposure to the elements since it’s install back in October. Still holding up strong!

As far as prep went, a quick wipe down of the hood with soapy water, followed by drying with a microfiber / air dry, wiping the area with 90% isopropyl alcohol, before applying the deflector. The instructions state not to install it in temperatures less than 60F (pretty sure it was 60F), which I followed. I wouldn’t recommend install under the suggested temp.

Here’s a couple of pics… you can see the scuff (top left corner of deflector) and the light discoloration (4"ish from top left corner) from that mystery fluid in the second pic, but again it’s only because I have flash on and am looking at it from the right angle.

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 35298F84-6A60-4FF4-BC53-26506F32C21D
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 59BA474B-F617-4F29-AE47-5D1464F62FCF

Last edited:

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No problems so far! My deflector sits a mm or two behind the hood lip, but it's not something you'd notice unless you get right up on it.

I don’t garage park, so my deflector has had its fair share of exposure to the elements since it’s install back in October. Still holding up strong!

As far as prep went, a quick wipe down of the hood with soapy water, followed by drying with a microfiber / air dry, wiping the area with 90% isopropyl alcohol, before applying the deflector. The instructions state not to install it in temperatures less than 60F (pretty sure it was 60F), which I followed. I wouldn’t recommend install under the suggested temp.

Here’s a couple of pics… you can see the scuff (top left corner of deflector) and the light discoloration (4"ish from top left corner) from that mystery fluid in the second pic, but again it’s only because I have flash on and am looking at it from the right angle.

Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 59BA474B-F617-4F29-AE47-5D1464F62FCF
Great pics and info!! I plan on setting the deflector as close to the lip/edge as possible, to get the most coverage possible. Ford installed the PPF about more than an 1/8th from the lip/edge instead of wrapping the edges. Thanks again!!
Sponsored