fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is that fuse position 25?
Its hard to tell where it is plugged in on that pic. The fuse is even with the second yellow fuse from the bottom right if that makes sense. So the middle bay, two up.

I can take a different pic if you need.
Sponsored

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed black letter overlays from Stickerfab. Not 100% sold on it, but like it pretty good. Cheap, and easy to take off if I dont like down the road.

20221210_044758.jpg
I like the way this looks. I was thinking something similar but I bought orange lens wrap (lamin-x) so some light would come through on our CO. If it ends up being too hard to cut the letters the way I want, might fall back on what you've done here with the overlays.

Thanks!

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just put mine in. I see no good way to route this thing out of the fuse box that doesn't pinch the positive wire. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just put mine in. I see no good way to route this thing out of the fuse box that doesn't pinch the positive wire. Am I missing something?
There isn't a way that I have found, other than cutting a very small notch for the wire.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There isn't a way that I have found, other than cutting a very small notch for the wire.
Agree. No good way without pinching the cord. That goes for any add-a-fuse in this fuse box. Only solution is to drill a hole or notch, but I’m not doing that as now it’s an entry point for dust into your fuse box.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. No good way without pinching the cord. That goes for any add-a-fuse in this fuse box. Only solution is to drill a hole or notch, but I’m not doing that as now it’s an entry point for dust into your fuse box.
Alright. Maybe I'll use an Aux switch. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alright. Maybe I'll use an Aux switch. Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Just thought of this if you want to get fancy…..drill a hole or notch in the fuse box cover, but add a rubber grommet, seal or elect tape to seal it up.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just thought of this if you want to get fancy…..drill a hole or notch in the fuse box cover, but add a rubber grommet, seal or elect tape to seal it up.
Yeah. That's a good idea. Not sure why I didn't consider putting a hole in the cover.

I believe there was a disconnect making it possible to feed through such a hole without having to cut it and add one. I think maybe I prefer that to having it on an aux switch.

Thanks!

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Greetings everyone! Just got mine and curious about the removal of the factory letters. Oracle install shows drilling them out. Instructions say just cutting out. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Greetings everyone! Just got mine and curious about the removal of the factory letters. Oracle install shows drilling them out. Instructions say just cutting out. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Drill out would probably be the best thing. Maybe others can chime in on what size drill bit, but just want to break the “seal” on the back. I bought a whole new grill so I’m not going to be drilling out the old ones from the old grill. Other than drilling out the letter this video seems to show the rest of the install(they’re using an aftermarket grill as well).

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drill out would probably be the best thing. Maybe others can chime in on what size drill bit, but just want to break the “seal” on the back. I bought a whole new grill so I’m not going to be drilling out the old ones from the old grill. Other than drilling out the letter this video seems to show the rest of the install(they’re using an aftermarket grill as well).

Thanks so much. Oracle recommends using a 1/4 inch drill bit. Just curious what others have done.

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drilled mine out. Really doesnt take much to get them out, go slow and be a bit patient. The entire install was pretty easy.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a whole new grill so I’m not going to be drilling out the old ones from the old grill.
I swapped from OBX to Wildtrack grille. If you're doing the same swap, dont forget there is a different plastic bracket that goes on the back of the WT grille. On the OBX grille, it covers the hood latch and can be seen filling the top center hole. The OBX bracket wouldn't fit.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I swapped from OBX to Wildtrack grille. If you're doing the same swap, dont forget there is a different plastic bracket that goes on the back of the WT grille. On the OBX grille, it covers the hood latch and can be seen filling the top center hole. The OBX bracket wouldn't fit.
What did you do different to make it fit? All of the videos I've come across of people swapping from OBX or Big Bend to Wildtrak make it look like a direct swap with just transferring over the bracket piece?
Sponsored