First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought you all might like to see how I connected to auxiliary switch wiring under the hood. Black wires are grounds. Red wires are live. Each light has a ground and live wire. I installed the red post seen here and ran 4 light wires to it. Then one wire from it to the yellow wire that is wired to auxiliary switch #1. The other wires next to the yellow wire are other auxiliary switches.

20210921_135234.jpg

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any guidance on proper placement in the instructions?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious if there’s a way to mount them to the flares themselves. I guess it would need to be removable as well, so maybe not just with epoxy.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought you all might like to see how I connected to auxiliary switch wiring under the hood. Black wires are grounds. Red wires are live. Each light has a ground and live wire. I installed the red post seen here and ran 4 light wires to it. Then one wire from it to the yellow wire that is wired to auxiliary switch #1. The other wires next to the yellow wire are other auxiliary switches.

20210921_135234.jpg

Please don't take this the wrong way. But DO NOT do that with the positive (red post) at all. That's VERY VERY VERY dangerous.

First, your positive feed from your terminal is using too small of a gauge wire for all the accessories you are running. 2nd, I can't see it in the photo but i'm HOPING you put a fuse in line, near the battery terminal?

Notice how your positive terminal on the battery has a big red plastic cover on it. That's to shield the positive terminal from the rest of the vehicle. That's VERY dangerous, look how close your ring terminals are to that bolt holding the plastic piece down. It's VERY CLOSE. You're going to end up setting something on fire.

Also, i don't see any fuses on your accessories off your positive feed. EVERY accessory MUST HAVE a fuse located as close to the positive power source as possible.

Just trying to help. I realize you do not do this for a living, so I want to make sure you do it safely. Positive distribution systems ALWAYS need to be protected/shielded so that ground wires can't accidentally touch them.

Your positive wires off your accessories are already nicked and are resting against the chasis. That things gonna go up in flames.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please don't take this the wrong way. But DO NOT do that with the positive (red post) at all. That's VERY VERY VERY dangerous.

First, your positive feed from your terminal is using too small of a gauge wire for all the accessories you are running. 2nd, I can't see it in the photo but i'm HOPING you put a fuse in line, near the battery terminal?

Notice how your positive terminal has a big red plastic cover on it. That's to shield the positive terminal from the rest of the vehicle. That's VERY dangerous, look how close your ring terminals are to that bolt holding the plastic piece down. It's VERY CLOSE. You're going to end up setting something on fire.

Also, i don't see any fuses on your accessories off your positive feed. EVERY accessory MUST HAVE a fuse located as close to the positive power source as possible.

Just trying to help. I realize you do not do this for a living, so I want to make sure you do it safely. Positive distribution systems ALWAYS need to be protected/shielded so that ground wires can't accidentally touch them.

Your positive wires off your accessories are already nicked and are resting against the chasis. That things gonna go up in flames.
Isn't the auxiliary wiring already fused?
What size wires would you run? There's very little amperage with the LEDs, right?

That power stud scares be too. And the nicked wires. Laying on metal.

Ford Bronco Installed amber Rigid rock lights from Ford accessories 20210921_135234

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Isn't the auxiliary wiring already fused?
What size wires would you run? There's very little amperage with the LEDs, right?

That power stud scares be too. And the nicked wires. Laying on metal.

Ford Bronco Installed amber Rigid rock lights from Ford accessories 20210921_135234

I see the upfitter now. I'm guessing that upfitter wire is feeding that terminal mess (sorry it is a mess). The upfitter IS fused, which is good. But that's still not a good place for a terminal block. It's also completely unnecessary to have junction point for those wires (rock lights I assume correct?). Just twist the 4 rock light wires together and crimp them onto the aux wire. They don't pull a lot of amps but still, that terminal block is dangerous.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Notice how your positive terminal on the battery has a big red plastic cover on it. That's to shield the positive terminal from the rest of the vehicle. That's VERY dangerous, look how close your ring terminals are to that bolt holding the plastic piece down. It's VERY CLOSE. You're going to end up setting something on fire.

Do you have, or plan on providing color picture installation procedures for products that you sell? I can see it being very beneficial.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have, or plan on providing color picture installation procedures for products that you sell? I can see it being very beneficial.
Yes. I actually posted a thread about the Baja Designs reverse kit over over the weekend as well as a post about an aftermarket switch panel I installed yesterday as well. They are in this lighting section.

We'll probably be doing an installation video showing how to install the various kits as well.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. I actually posted a thread about the Baja Designs reverse kit over over the weekend as well as a post about an aftermarket switch panel I installed yesterday as well. They are in this lighting section.

We'll probably be doing an installation video showing how to install the various kits as well.
Thank you.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see the upfitter now. I'm guessing that upfitter wire is feeding that terminal mess (sorry it is a mess). The upfitter IS fused, which is good. But that's still not a good place for a terminal block. It's also completely unnecessary to have junction point for those wires (rock lights I assume correct?). Just twist the 4 rock light wires together and crimp them onto the aux wire. They don't pull a lot of amps but still, that terminal block is dangerous.
I agree with the block. I can see why @TennesseeBronco wanted to have a clean place to join the wires together. The intent was good.

The picture cuts it off but I believe the yellow wire is from the switch which is joined to a red wire that goes to the block.

I'm still looking for better solutions for wiring terminals for joining 2, 3 or even 4 wires into 1.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with the block. I can see why @TennesseeBronco wanted to have a clean place to join the wires together. The intent was good.

The picture cuts it off but I believe the yellow wire is from the switch which is joined to a red wire that goes to the block.

I'm still looking for better solutions for wiring terminals for joining 2, 3 or even 4 wires into 1.
Use these. I've made relay panels in the past out of them and on my daughters powerwheels I've used them (yes, I put lots of Baja Designs lights on my daughters power wheels)

Terminal Blocks: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=terminal+block&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the white ones and am going to have the dealership install them. I’m a master of disaster when it comes to wiring anything on a vehicle. They’ll probably have a better idea of where to place the lights in the wheel well also.
Sponsored