Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would also go with a Lube Locker re-usable gasket if the stock one is bad.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the awesome write up. This looks exactly like the Ford Performance version which it most likely is. Ford doesn't make their own stuff any more.
Neither does AC Delco if anybody is comparing ovals and bowties.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After 3 distributor canceled orders because ARB is completely back ordered with no ETA in sight - I finally got one delivered today.

Didn’t pass 25k - so, I’m still good. Thinking I’ll do the transmission fluid at the same time.

So, consensus is to stick with Motorcraft oil?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nchiappetta5

Nchiappetta5

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-door Bronco OBX SAS 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After 3 distributor canceled orders because ARB is completely back ordered with no ETA in sight - I finally got one delivered today.

Didn’t pass 25k - so, I’m still good. Thinking I’ll do the transmission fluid at the same time.

So, consensus is to stick with Motorcraft oil?
id say stick with Motorcraft oil. Learn from my mistake and reuse the gasket without the gasket maker. it seemed like a good idea at the time but was probably overkill. if you use a thread locker on the fill plugs, make sure it has good resistance to oil. I used a red thread locker that came in a glue stick form that isn't as strong as your typical red thread locker.

Read the full forum to get a clear picture of what needs to be done and what was discussed to make the installation better.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
id say stick with Motorcraft oil. Learn from my mistake and reuse the gasket without the gasket maker. it seemed like a good idea at the time but was probably overkill. if you use a thread locker on the fill plugs, make sure it has good resistance to oil. I used a red thread locker that came in a glue stick form that isn't as strong as your typical red thread locker.

Read the full forum to get a clear picture of what needs to be done and what was discussed to make the installation better.
Right on. Thanks for the tips.

Isn’t red for threads that you typically don’t want to remove and blue is for strong hold, but removable?

I got a new gasket due to this being a new mating surface. But, it was gonna be used based on inspection.

OP
OP
Nchiappetta5

Nchiappetta5

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-door Bronco OBX SAS 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right on. Thanks for the tips.

Isn’t red for threads that you typically don’t want to remove and blue is for strong hold, but removable?

I got a new gasket due to this being a new mating surface. But, it was gonna be used based on inspection.
yes, red is usually not meant to be easy to take back out. The glue stick type locker I have isn't like the typical red liquid thread locker. blue will work as well. that will be one thing I redo when I change the fluid again.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, red is usually not meant to be easy to take back out. The glue stick type locker I have isn't like the typical red liquid thread locker. blue will work as well. that will be one thing I redo when I change the fluid again.
If you are using an OEM gasket make sure you use the torque instructions form Ford, not Dana...the Dana ones are way too high for those fasteners with that gasket.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is delayed yet again. Decided to install Metalcloak lower control arm skids and they’re a week or two out. Bashed one real good the other day - not detrimental - but, just enough for me to want to protect the new ones going in. I plan to do, Camburg control arms, Icon trackbar, ARB differential cover all in one day. So, this has to wait.

Sponsored

manolan478

Wildtrak
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 2.7L Sas Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the great write-up and pictures along with the supplies and tools needed.

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the awesome write up. This looks exactly like the Ford Performance version which it most likely is. Ford doesn't make their own stuff any more.
The Ford Performance diff cover looks similar and is also cast iron, but the Ford one also has a drain plug at the bottom which is nice. I went the Ford route as I also had some ford pass points.
Sponsored