Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for anyone in a situation like me where you are planning to keep factory Sasquatch tires for a while so you aren't looking for maximum lift out of your coilovers and in fact might be looking for closer to the minimum amount of lift.
We installed Fox performance elite coilovers, Icon UCAs, Icon rear trailing arms and the RC steering rack bushings. Also installed Metalcloak skids in place of the Badlands skids.

I was not looking for a lot of lift out of my coilovers quite yet because I am keeping my factory sasquatch tires until I relocate out West and I still wanted to fit the Bronco in my garage until I sell the house, and the clearance was already down to only a few inches when it was stock.

There is probably a bit of extra weight underneath due to the metal cloak skid plates which seemed a bit heavier than the Badlands skid plates they replaced, but my total lift, measured at the highest point of the fender flare arches was 1 inch front and 1/2 inch rear. I kept a bit of rake because I will be towing a small offroad teardrop trailer.

Now if you don't add the extra weight of the skids it might be more like 1.5 inches front and 1 inch rear, but that is still a lot of adjustability down from Fox's advertised 3.5 inch front/2.5 inch rear.
So we were able to go low enough on the coilover adjustability so the gap between the tires and fenders isn't excessive when keeping stock size tires and it still fits under my garage door opening.

I have heard several people mention they wanted the Fox setup but thought it was too much lift for them staying with sasquatch tires. So just know there is a lot of height adjustability down in height in these Fox coilovers and then plenty of room to go up later when I do larger tires and tie rod upgrades.

Ford Bronco Installed: Fox Performance Elite Coilovers, Metalcloak Skid Plate, Icon UCAs/Rear Trailing Arm Screenshot_20230524-180937_Gallery
Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for anyone in a situation like me where you are planning to keep factory Sasquatch tires for a while so you aren't looking for maximum lift out of your coilovers and in fact might be looking for closer to the minimum amount of lift.
We installed Fox performance elite coilovers, Icon UCAs, Icon rear trailing arms and the RC steering rack bushings. Also installed Metalcloak skids in place of the Badlands skids.

I was not looking for a lot of lift out of my coilovers quite yet because I am keeping my factory sasquatch tires until I relocate out West and I still wanted to fit the Bronco in my garage until I sell the house, and the clearance was already down to only a few inches when it was stock.

There is probably a bit of extra weight underneath due to the metal cloak skid plates which seemed a bit heavier than the Badlands skid plates they replaced, but my total lift, measured at the highest point of the fender flare arches was 1 inch front and 1/2 inch rear.

Now if you don't add the extra weight of the skids it might be more like 1.5 inches front and 1 inch rear, but that is still a lot of adjustability down from Fox's advertised 3.5 inch front/2.5 inch rear.
So we were able to go low enough on the coilover adjustability so the gap between the tires and fenders isn't excessive when keeping stock size tires and it still fits under my garage door opening.

I have heard several people mention they wanted the Fox setup but thought it was too much lift for them staying with sasquatch tires. So just know there is a lot of height adjustability down in height in these Fox coilovers and then plenty of room to go up later when I do larger tires and tie rod upgrades.

Ford Bronco Installed: Fox Performance Elite Coilovers, Metalcloak Skid Plate, Icon UCAs/Rear Trailing Arm Screenshot_20230524-180937_Gallery
First off Bronco looks awesome. 2nd this is great news as I would like to go the Fox route a bit down the road and I am going to stay on 35s with my 2 door. Really appreciate the info.

OP
OP
Free2Roam

Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off Bronco looks awesome. 2nd this is great news as I would like to go the Fox route a bit down the road and I am going to stay on 35s with my 2 door. Really appreciate the info.
Thank you and you're quite welcome. I heard so many people say the same thing so I figured I would guinea pig the low lift coilover settings. When I had called Fox they didn't even have a specific answer for me on how low I could set them. This was as low as I cared to set the fronts because it looked like if you go much lower the line going to the remote reservoir might touch the adjustment collar on the shock body. And since I wanted a bit of rake left in it we set the rears according to that. I have about 5/8 to 3/4" of rake now. Factory rake measured at top of fender flare arches was 1.25".

And thanks a ton to Shock Surplus who actually sent me their demo set of Fox coilovers that they received a month ago since they were installing and testing a different suspension on their 2 door Bronco first.

If you look through the middle of the Icon UCA you can see the remote reservoir feed line and the adjustment collar on the shock body, and I just wanted to keep a bit of clearance there.

123_1(2).jpeg

Last edited:

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you and you're quite welcome. I heard so many people say the same thing so I figured I would guinea pig the low lift coilover settings. When I had called Fox they didn't even have a specific answer for me on how low I could set them. This was as low as I cared to set the fronts because it looked like if you go much lower the line going to the remote reservoir might touch the adjustment collar on the shock body. And since I wanted a bit of rake left in it we set the rears according to that. I have about 5/8 to 3/4" of rake now. Factory rake measured at top of fender flare arches was 1.25".

And thanks a ton to Shock Surplus who actually sent me their demo set of Fox coilovers that they received a month ago since they were installing and testing a different suspension on their 2 door Bronco first.

If you look through the middle of the Icon UCA you can see the remote reservoir feed line and the adjustment collar on the shock body, and I just wanted to keep a bit of clearance there.

Ford Bronco Installed: Fox Performance Elite Coilovers, Metalcloak Skid Plate, Icon UCAs/Rear Trailing Arm 123_1(2)
would be great to hear your views on how they are relative to the Bilsteins after you live with them for a bit along with any sort of servicing guidance as well. Thanks again for all of this.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How’s the ride on the fox shocks.

If you got the demo I assume you have the ones with the bad valves in them? Or were they rebuilt already? Rest were not shipped and are suppose to ship in October now after they are fixed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Free2Roam

Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How’s the ride on the fox shocks.

If you got the demo I assume you have the ones with the bad valves in them? Or were they rebuilt already? Rest were not shipped and are suppose to ship in October now after they are fixed.
These were not Fox early demo models, they were Shock Surplus' first new set received that they were going to demo. Proper sets have been shipping out to suppliers for several weeks now. Not sure where you got October from.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You say several weeks yet you’re the only one that has them On here? Last I heard was they fucked the valves up in every shock they built. those are being rebuilt now, and then will ship early fall. What someone I know had mentioned.

How’s the ride? Seems you keep dipping that question from every one?

OP
OP
Free2Roam

Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL. Your hater personna shows very quickly. Do your own research and you'll find that lots of 4x4 companies have started receiving their sets lately. As for 'dipping the question' one person said they hoped I would report back after some time on them. Which is the plan since they only went on yesterday, as for your entitlement to an immediate answer to your curiosity given your negative bs attitude..... go assume what they ride like, just like the wrong assumptions in your first post. You and I have nothing left to converse about.
I knew that IGNORE button on people's profile would come in handy someday.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

There is probably a bit of extra weight underneath due to the metal cloak skid plates which seemed a bit heavier than the Badlands skid plates they replaced, but my total lift, measured at the highest point of the fender flare arches was 1 inch front and 1/2 inch rear. I kept a bit of rake because I will be towing a small offroad teardrop trailer.

Ford Bronco Installed: Fox Performance Elite Coilovers, Metalcloak Skid Plate, Icon UCAs/Rear Trailing Arm 123_1(2)
Nice looking rig! I think the orange beauty rings are underrated. What aftermarket grille is that?

OP
OP
Free2Roam

Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice looking rig! I think the orange beauty rings are underrated. What aftermarket grille is that?
Thx. It's an IAG raptor style grill. I just wasn't a fan of my matte grey badlands grille and this one looks a little more old school and rugged. It has raptor style lights in it for those who like those but I didn't hook them up. Fitment was great, just like factory.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thx. It's an IAG raptor style grill. I just wasn't a fan of my matte grey badlands grille and this one looks a little more old school and rugged. It has raptor style lights in it for those who like those but I didn't hook them up. Fitment was great, just like factory.
You sell your Badlands grille?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. Your hater personna shows very quickly. Do your own research and you'll find that lots of 4x4 companies have started receiving their sets lately. As for 'dipping the question' one person said they hoped I would report back after some time on them. Which is the plan since they only went on yesterday, as for your entitlement to an immediate answer to your curiosity given your negative bs attitude..... go assume what they ride like, just like the wrong assumptions in your first post. You and I have nothing left to converse about.
I knew that IGNORE button on people's profile would come in handy someday.
Looking forward to meeting you this year. Seems we need a in person convo. Think you need some Jesus in your life.

I ordered mine from lethal in January. They said we’re out to Oct per what I put.
That’s why I was asking. You came back as a hard asshat over some simple questions.

Praying for your soul. Hope you can find some piece or medication.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered mine from lethal in January. They said we’re out to Oct per what I put.
That’s why I was asking.
Lead times would depend on when the original purchase order was placed from X company. Other companies, like us, have them and are shipping them out.

@Free2Roam Your Bronco looks awesome! We just finished up a 2-door yesterday after 2 weeks of tuning some Fox shocks for it. The 2-doors are pretty fun to drive.

OP
OP
Free2Roam

Free2Roam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lead times would depend on when the original purchase order was placed from X company. Other companies, like us, have them and are shipping them out.

@Free2Roam Your Bronco looks awesome! We just finished up a 2-door yesterday after 2 weeks of tuning some Fox shocks for it. The 2-doors are pretty fun to drive.
Thanks. Ya I am very happy with the 2 door. So far in the 18hrs since install I have just played with DSC settings a little for on road manners. So far quite soft on the high speed soaks up all decent sized road hazards including speed bumps very well and a bit stiffer on the low speed compression seems to have brake dive and body roll tamed much better than stock. I will keep playing with dials but so far I like it a lot.

I am actually relocating back to SoCal as soon as I sell my house here in FL. I used to live in Idyllwild, CA for 12 years before I came here to help with my Dad's illness.
I will look you guys up when I get back out there and you can probably help dial me in for all that great geography out there that I miss so much.
Sponsored

Last edited: