John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s too bad there’s no MGV option for a cover, if anyone wanted MGV without BD/BL.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s too bad there’s no MGV option for a cover, if anyone wanted MGV without BD/BL.
If you're talking about Katzkin upgrade with MGV, then they do have an MGV option.

It's not listed on their site (which I find odd as to why it's not) so you actually have to contact/call them and inquire about it.

Maybe if enough people show interest and inquire about it, they'll change it, since the Bronco has two models that tout having MGV seats standard.

You'd think because they also do seat covers for Jeep, that they would list MGV colors and such for both the Bronco and the Jeep.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're talking about Katzkin upgrade with MGV, then they do have an MGV option.

It's not listed on their site (which I find odd as to why it's not) so you actually have to contact/call them and inquire about it.

Maybe if enough people show interest and inquire about it, they'll change it, since the Bronco has two models that tout having MGV seats standard.

You'd think because they also do seat covers for Jeep, that they would list MGV colors and such for both the Bronco and the Jeep.
They have MGV? Same supplier as Ford?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as I know Katzkin does not have any product similar to Fords MGV. (I work at an upholstery shop and Katzkin is one of our suppliers)
You may be referring to their XT leather which is marketed as being thicker and more durable than their standard leather, but is currently limited to only 3 colours.
You can order Katzkin kits in all vinyl, but that’s just a standard automotive vinyl, nothing like the MGV

Sponsored

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since I wasn’t patient enough to wait, I ordered a Big Bend (which I could get) and then swapped out the cloth interior for Katzkin leather. Out the door was a very reasonable $1850, including same day installation and tax.

I have a January confirmation deposit and am
AC858304-7971-4114-B380-7D92C4220BA3.jpeg
FC7E6B0B-D565-4D1F-8C70-A344D7EDD56F.jpeg
6601047E-44F0-4B68-9642-19A85EE41B0B.jpeg
waiting on the order books to open on the 2022 models, at least I have something that won’t depreciate to drive until the one I really want gets here!
Looks great I had katzkin in my 2014 Silverado lt still looked good after 180k when I traded in

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As far as I know Katzkin does not have any product similar to Fords MGV. (I work at an upholstery shop and Katzkin is one of our suppliers)
You may be referring to their XT leather which is marketed as being thicker and more durable than their standard leather, but is currently limited to only 3 colours.
You can order Katzkin kits in all vinyl, but that’s just a standard automotive vinyl, nothing like the MGV
I'm only stating what I keep seeing on one of their flyers they post, I've not actually called them about it. I'm also well aware of the XT leather and it's 3 colors of Black, Stone and Red.

If they are in fact touting XT as the MGV equivalent, it's very misleading.

Ford Bronco Installed Katzkin custom leather seat covers in Big Bend interior Katzkin2

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those look damn good. Well worth the money
I'm curious if the Bronco can be retrofitted with the massaging seats for full mall-crawler. Most Fords used the same seat brackets so I'd imagine it can be done... I know ventilated isn't really feasible since the cushions are different.

Any chance you took pictures of the process, especially the back side with the original cover removed?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice upgrade Jeff. I had Katzkin in my previous '11 F-150. Good stuff.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do they take your seats out of the car to do this install?
Yes, they have to. It is not a car seat cover. They are re-upholstering the seats. They take off the factory cloth and put on leather. From there they can add heating and cooling elements to the seats. Katzkin is the easiest way to add cooled seats to a bronco. One major thing to consider: cooling seats need perforations and perforations don't mix well with mud, sand, water, and dirt. My original plan was heated and cooled katzkins, but after some thought i'm sticking with just heat.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm only stating what I keep seeing on one of their flyers they post, I've not actually called them about it. I'm also well aware of the XT leather and it's 3 colors of Black, Stone and Red.

If they are in fact touting XT as the MGV equivalent, it's very misleading.

Ford Bronco Installed Katzkin custom leather seat covers in Big Bend interior Katzkin2
Wow, I’d be very curious to see how this compares with the BD/BL MGV. I currently have a BL on order but always liked the Black/Gray on the BD slightly more. Th MGV was one of the main points that was keeping me from getting the Wildtrak over the BL.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, they have to. It is not a car seat cover. They are re-upholstering the seats. They take off the factory cloth and put on leather. From there they can add heating and cooling elements to the seats. Katzkin is the easiest way to add cooled seats to a bronco. One major thing to consider: cooling seats need perforations and perforations don't mix well with mud, sand, water, and dirt. My original plan was heated and cooled katzkins, but after some thought i'm sticking with just heat.
Thanks! I asked because I plan on swapping my BL seats with a BD owner. Glad to know it can be done in the driveway

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a solution for base steering wheels to get the steering wheel wrapped in leather?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do they offer an alcantara style seating surface instead of just leather? I wouldn’t mind leather bolsters, but I hate having my legs stick to leather seat surfaces.
Sponsored