01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am inclined to do BOTH this and the IAG Dome Kit. I'll wire the IAG kit to an aux switch and cover the lights in red film, and then leave these for general illumination.
I'm thinking the same thing, use this one for normal use and put the IAG's only on an upfitter for when we really need a lot of light.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So this uses the plug that normally powers the back cargo light? But it sounds like it doesn't turn on like the original cargo light and you have to manually flip a switch?

And I too is ready to jump on it until I saw the price. $100 can buy alot of AAA batteries.
I saw this over the weekend and ordered. Installed it this morning. It works exactly like the current dome light (if you can call it a light).

Leave it to Mabett to be the first to produce a light that works on Fords LIN-BUS 3 wire PWM network. That is why the price is high, this is not a normal 12v LED. The OEM system complicates things.

This is also the same exact light that IAG teased in one of their videos as available soon. I assume once it hits their I-LINE it will be this same $129 price.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bit the bullet, I'm not waiting for a discount that may or may not come considering now there are only 9 left in Mabett's store. This will be all the lighting I need rather than installing the four way from IAG (dont get me wrong, theirs looks like a great product). For me, this fits my needs. The trunk and back seat (and really only the trunk) are all I really need auxiliary lighting for. As always, thanks @Mabett

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed mine. Getting the old light out was a B!! but this one provides much better illumination you definitely do not need any extra lights for the back seat or cargo area.

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 1675127521853

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed mine. Getting the old light out was a B!! but this one provides much better illumination you definitely do not need any extra lights for the back seat or cargo area.

1675127521853.png
I am looking forward to getting mine. Did you break anything getting the factory light out?

Last edited:

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm look forward to getting mine. Did you break anything getting the factory light out?
I did not break anything, but I did bend one of the clips on the OEM light. I just bent it back in shape and put it away.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When installing it, do we care if we break the factory housing since we're going to install the new one? Is it just that center piece that we need to save?

Last edited:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So strange because there are so many threads and discussions about how it is basically impossible to tap into Ford system, specifically the dome lights. I was just reading another thread (Jim something and AIG).

But We are saying that Maybett crack a DaVinci code?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this over the weekend and ordered. Installed it this morning. It works exactly like the current dome light (if you can call it a light).

Leave it to Mabett to be the first to produce a light that works on Fords LIN-BUS 3 wire PWM network. That is why the price is high, this is not a normal 12v LED. The OEM system complicates things.

This is also the same exact light that IAG teased in one of their videos as available soon. I assume once it hits their I-LINE it will be this same $129 price.
Any chance you can provide some photos of the inside with this and the IAG kit installed?

also curious to hear how the IAG install went with the Skyrider. Did you use the hardtop brackets or just go with the soft top for now?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any chance you can provide some photos of the inside with this and the IAG kit installed?

also curious to hear how the IAG install went with the Skyrider. Did you use the hardtop brackets or just go with the soft top for now?
I havenā€™t installed IAG kit yet, didnā€™t receive until last night. I did play with the brackets and Iā€™m definitely installing it soft top style. Skyrider will allow either way no problem. It looks OEM in the soft top location. It looks like an aftermarket afterthought with the hardtop brackets. IMO.

I will post up pics of both though. Weather is garbage in Texas next few days. Probably wonā€™t get to install until this weekend.
Sponsored