01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ours will be here in a couple days, guess it's about time to go out wrestle the factory light.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ours will be here in a couple days, guess it's about time to go out wrestle the factory light.
Guinea pig it for me and let me know how it goes so I will be ready in a day or two when mine gets here.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there an install video for this yet? I really don't want to damage the factory cargo light when removing to replace with @Mabett s.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there an install video for this yet? I really don't want to damage the factory cargo light when removing to replace with @Mabett s.
I can’t find the exact service manual procedure, I have it somewhere. But it is steps 1-13 of this one for the sat antenna. Glance at that, and you will probably choose to just rip that sucker out. I broke the clip out of the plastic housing last year when I ripped it out. Super glued it back in, but had to perform those steps anyways as the clip fell into the cover panel. Others here said they just bent the clip. Without doing steps 1-13 you are going to at least bend it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t find the exact service manual procedure, I have it somewhere. But it is steps 1-13 of this one for the sat antenna. Glance at that, and you will probably choose to just rip that sucker out. I broke the clip out of the plastic housing last year when I ripped it out. Super glued it back in, but had to perform those steps anyways as the clip fell into the cover panel. Others here said they just bent the clip. Without doing steps 1-13 you are going to at least bend it.
Yeah, that's ridiculous, I don't really care if I bend it, and I'm never going to put the original light back in.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got home, light was here, popped out the factory and in went Mabett's took maybe 5 minutes and half of that was my fat fingers having trouble pulling off the back of the sticky tape on the back of his light. Like @Ksjrb03 said, you're going to bend one of the thin metal clips, embrace it, not worth worrying about.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got home, light was here, popped out the factory and in went Mabett's took maybe 5 minutes and half of that was my fat fingers having trouble pulling off the back of the sticky tape on the back of his light. Like @Ksjrb03 said, you're going to bend one of the thin metal clips, embrace it, not worth worrying about.
Pics or it didn’t happen.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn this light looks good and simple!

Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're killing me Brad!

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 20230201_175351

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 20230201_175351
Wow, that's some really great light vs. the factory candlelight! Thanks for the great pics. Nice gear too.

Question, I recall seeing those tie downs that you have screwed down to hold the hard top down (those orange things). I know those were offered here on the forum, but I can't seem to find them or know what they are called. Can you let me know where those are from, what they are called?