Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang...it better for that price. Maybe I can jump wire it to 12 volts ahead of time just to see how bright it is before I apparently break my $371 worthless factory light !
Not to discount @rayofsi's opinion, however the difference is night and day, no pun intended. I was just thinking this morning as I was sitting in the car in the dark waiting for the engine to warm up and looking in the rearview that if it were any brighter, it would be too bright. At least for my liking.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

seems like everyones photos are over exposed. i installed mine yesterday, and its nowhere as bright as it seems in the pictures. its a upgrade, but not like the pictures.
also a little OCD thing, the color temperature doesn't match any of the oem lights..
Yeah I assumed this would be the case. IAG bulbs suffer the same issue.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I assumed this would be the case. IAG bulbs suffer the same issue.
Can we swap out the trunk lights for brighter LEDs to match? I haven’t checked my car yet, but I’ve done it on my past two cars. Has anyone tried that yet?

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we swap out the trunk lights for brighter LEDs to match? I haven’t checked my car yet, but I’ve done it on my past two cars. Has anyone tried that yet?
I was thinking this as well. Maybe also swapping out the two lights in the front as well. I know Tacoma owners swap out the front interior lights in their cars for something brighter.

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking this as well. Maybe also swapping out the two lights in the front as well. I know Tacoma owners swap out the front interior lights in their cars for something brighter.
Last I heard there is no "bulb" to swap out. @Ksjrb03 has already investigated most of this. That is why we are all waiting on products to be offered that are their own assemblies that can communicate with the can bus.

9 left in stock on Amazon. Why oh why can't manufacturers match the OEM color temperature... how simple it would be? Should I buy early just to get something now or wait for a possible discount code/new revision with better coloring...

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny what different things bother different people. Difference in lighting ("cold", "warm") didn't even register with me when I installed it. I just love that there is more light. Guess I'm a simpleton.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last I heard there is no "bulb" to swap out. @Ksjrb03 has already investigated most of this. That is why we are all waiting on products to be offered that are their own assemblies that can communicate with the can bus.

9 left in stock on Amazon. Why oh why can't manufacturers match the OEM color temperature... how simple it would be? Should I buy early just to get something now or wait for a possible discount code/new revision with better coloring...
Correct, there are no "bulbs" anywhere in the interior lighting of the Bronco to swap.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny what different things bother different people. Difference in lighting ("cold", "warm") didn't even register with me when I installed it. I just love that there is more light. Guess I'm a simpleton.
The more the better to me. Why did you turn on the light? To SEE! So show it to me.....

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
seems like everyones photos are over exposed. i installed mine yesterday, and its nowhere as bright as it seems in the pictures. its a upgrade, but not like the pictures.
also a little OCD thing, the color temperature doesn't match any of the oem lights..
The color temp difference would bother me too...

Sponsored

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's a great piece. I don't mind the price. But the color temp is definitely one of those things. Fit and finish is very nice. There is no question. The light output is great. But not like the pictures make it to be.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removed the factory light, didn't break it but did bend one of the metal clips as others have mentioned, simply bent the clip back into shape.

New light install was straight forward, but be careful because the three plug pins are easy to bend since they're fairly long and not captured by anything.

Fit is very good.

Light output is definitely much better. The color temp doesn't match factory, but it's a non-issue for me personally.

q8fahLF.jpg

Last edited:

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the plastic match the stock plastic or does it look like a mismatched tumor?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ksjrb03 Any luck with the 4 light IAG kit? I’m itching to see a photo of those with the Mabett light.