Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I like the brighter light color. If I wanted a yellow dingy light, I'd use an incandescent bulb :)

Reminds me of a couple years ago, I had removed all the bulbs my other car and replace them with cool blue LEDs. Love them.

My wife kept leaving her dome lights on in her car and killing her battery. So I decided to swap out her bulbs with the same LEDs (because you can run those for days without killing the battery).

She hated them. I had to swap them out for yellow dingy LED bulbs... If it weren't for the power savings, it would have been a total waste of money.

I just wish this light came with a Red light option so we could go white or red.
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no longer a dwindling stock counter for the Amazon listing so hopefully that means there's a big surplus. I'm less pressured to buy one, for now.

And to be clear, color temperature is different than lumen output and they're both different than current draw.

OP
OP
Kjbeggs

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

jdubby

Badlands
First Name
jdubby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 bronco; 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, direct replacement
Thatā€™s actually cool. The IAG lights have a wiring kit and you basically have to take everything apart and splice wires. They are nice. Just seem like a PIA to install

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ksjrb03 Any luck with the 4 light IAG kit? Iā€™m itching to see a photo of those with the Mabett light.
I got the IAG kit installed today. Itā€™s awesome. Very simple install. If I was to do only one light upgrade it would be the IAG kit hands down. The Mabett light is nice, but not near as bright as the IAG kit. It was a noticeable upgrade before, but after I donā€™t think I notice it at all, except maybe a bit in cargo area.

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 8DA405EA-D983-4A1B-9869-E52C58B7E8C6
Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 0A31BC99-697B-49C9-9523-F16DEA7F4E8C

I already have a light upgrade for cargo area, which blows away the Mabett light, more than the picture makes it look.

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 87945F48-3511-4806-9EC8-42D7464CD0FA

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the IAG kit installed today. Itā€™s awesome. Very simple install. If I was to do only one light upgrade it would be the IAG kit hands down. The Mabett light is nice, but not near as bright as the IAG kit. It was a noticeable upgrade before, but after I donā€™t think I notice it at all, except maybe a bit in cargo area.

8DA405EA-D983-4A1B-9869-E52C58B7E8C6.jpeg
0A31BC99-697B-49C9-9523-F16DEA7F4E8C.jpeg

I already have a light upgrade for cargo area, which blows away the Mabett light, more than the picture makes it look.

87945F48-3511-4806-9EC8-42D7464CD0FA.jpeg
I was literally driving back from dinner with my parents and thinking to myself ā€œheyā€¦ I havenā€™t seen any photos from @Ksjrb03 yet! I better blast him on the forums.ā€

but alasā€¦ you beat me to it! Looks absolutely incredible. Thank you for sharing and making the effort on a Friday night. Appreciate it!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was literally driving back from dinner with my parents and thinking to myself ā€œheyā€¦ I havenā€™t seen any photos from @Ksjrb03 yet! I better blast him on the forums.ā€

but alasā€¦ you beat me to it! Looks absolutely incredible. Thank you for sharing and making the effort on a Friday night. Appreciate it!
Ya Iā€™m very happy with my lighting now lol. Been waiting for this for over a year. While I agree that the color temp is different between stock, IAG, and Mabett, it doesnā€™t bother me like I was anticipating. Iā€™m the guy that makes sure to buy 4000k LEDs for all the lights in my house, drives me nuts if they donā€™t match.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light 87945F48-3511-4806-9EC8-42D7464CD0FA

Wow itā€™s like daylight in there, nicely done! How long did the IAG take you to install? The IAG only turns on when the doors open, or can you control it via a switch too? Given that they are the same price, I guess the best light wins.

Oh for our OCD LED Color friends, how does the IAG color match the OEM lighting?

Iā€™m not sold on the $129 price yet, so I may go the DIY route but it may just be localized to the rear like you did.

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow itā€™s like daylight in there, nicely done! How long did the IAG take you to install? The IAG only turns on when the doors open, or can you control it via a switch too? Given that they are the same price, I guess the best light wins.

Oh for our OCD LED Color friends, how does the IAG color match the OEM lighting?

Iā€™m not sold on the $129 price yet, so I may go the DIY route but it may just be localized to the rear like you did.

Thanks for the inspiration!!
It took me a about an hour and half to install the IAG kit. I wired it to the door, and to an Aux switch so i can turn on whenever. The color is different between IAG and stock, but stock is so dim you have to be looking to even notice. Non issue for me. The IAG kit is worth every bit of $129. I spent more than that on other DIY lights that I had to give up on.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It took me a about an hour and half to install the IAG kit. I wired it to the door, and to an Aux switch so i can turn on whenever. The color is different between IAG and stock, but stock is so dim you have to be looking to even notice. Non issue for me. The IAG kit is worth every bit of $129. I spent more than that on other DIY lights that I had to give up on.
Thanks, that doesnā€™t sound too bad. Do you think it would be difficult to hook up a 5th LED of some sort to the IAG to light up the cargo area?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks, that doesnā€™t sound too bad. Do you think it would be difficult to hook up a 5th LED of some sort to the IAG to light up the cargo area?
Ha thatā€™s a great idea. No that wouldnā€™t be hard at all with a wire tap or cutting and splicing. I already have cargo lights that I love so didnā€™t cross my mind. I bet that will be done alot.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ha thatā€™s a great idea. No that wouldnā€™t be hard at all with a wire tap or cutting and splicing. I already have cargo lights that I love so didnā€™t cross my mind. I bet that will be done alot.
OK, you sold me. Now I just need them to be in stock again lol. Thanks for all of the details!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Installed Mabett back seat/cargo area ceiling light giphy

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got two boys in car seats in the back. One faces forward and the other backwards. Would the Mabett dome light shine directly into the rear facing boy's eyes at all? I mainly need more light back there to clip their tricky belt clips.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got two boys in car seats in the back. One faces forward and the other backwards. Would the Mabett dome light shine directly into the rear facing boy's eyes at all? I mainly need more light back there to clip their tricky belt clips.
Iā€™ll let you know when I take delivery in a couple of weeks. My dealer is installing the Mabett dome light as part of their PDI. The factory light is just too small, IMO.
Sponsored