First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll let you know when I take delivery in a couple of weeks. My dealer is installing the Mabett dome light as part of their PDI. The factory light is just too small, IMO.
Awesome! Thank you!
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've got two boys in car seats in the back. One faces forward and the other backwards. Would the Mabett dome light shine directly into the rear facing boy's eyes at all? I mainly need more light back there to clip their tricky belt clips.
No it will be fine. It’s an upgrade over the stock light but not crazy bright.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I installed mine yesterday but I do have two complaints:

1) for the price, I expected it to be brighter. Having two additional (3 total)lights versus the factory one, and having the angles so that one points to the rear seat area and one points to the cargo area is what makes this so much better than factory. But I was really hoping it would light up my cargo area really well and it does not. So I'm disappointed that I paid $140 otd and I'm still going to have to find some additional lighting for the back.

2) It was loose and totally rattled. I had cleaned off the surface with alcohol, peeled back all three of the red films for the sticky strips that were included, and when I installed it none were touching. (Too thin). I could literally flop around the entire light fixture. It was only being held in by the two metal clips...... Luckily it was designed better than the factory light and I was able to pop it back out without destroying the metal clips, added 3 strips of my own 3M double back foam tape, And now it's solid as can be.

So basically, glad I purchased it but wish It was a lot brighter, especially the light that points to the cargo area OR it was cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kjbeggs

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I installed mine yesterday but I do have two complaints:

1) for the price, I expected it to be brighter. Having two lights versus the factory one, and having the angles so that one points to the rear seat area and one points to the cargo area is what makes this so much better than factory. But I was really hoping it would light up my cargo area really well and it does not. So I'm disappointed that I paid $140 otd and I'm still going to have to find some additional lighting for the back.

2) It was loose and totally rattled. I had cleaned off the surface with alcohol, peeled back all three of the red films for the sticky strips that were included, and when I installed it none were touching. (Too thin). I could literally floo around the entire light fixture. It was only being held in by the two metal clips...... Luckily it was designed better than the factory light and I was able to pop it back out without destroying the metal clips, added 3 strips of my own 3M double back foam tape, And now it's solid as can be.

So basically, glad I purchased it but wish It was a lot brighter, especially the light that points to the cargo area OR it was cheaper.
Just to be clear, does your mabett light have two strips of lights, or three?
(Mine has three, forward, straight down, rear).
The double sided tape on mine was fine. Wonder if he had to switch tape during production?

I'm feeling very fortunate to have gotten this thing at the discounted price!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

this vehicle needs so many upgrades its getting ridiculous .... the front dome lights suck too ... and NO light in the glove box for this price range is pathetic

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The double sided tape on mine was fine. Wonder if he had to switch tape during production?

Man, where'd you get that discount? Amazon was out of stock, now has 1 (returned?), and the one pictured has three light rows.

OP
OP
Kjbeggs

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, where'd you get that discount? Amazon was out of stock, now has 1 (returned?), and the one pictured has three light rows.
I just ordered as soon as someone on Mabett’s FB group posted they were available.
when I looked the next day, price had jumped up.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this vehicle needs so many upgrades its getting ridiculous .... the front dome lights suck too ... and NO light in the glove box for this price range is pathetic
You are right. I’m not going to make any excuses. I agree with you 100%. It’s funny actually… the engineers fought through some of the hardest issues, and then just absolutely mailed it in on a variety of little details. Sometimes it feels they were like ‘hey it’s got a wash out floor, we’re done!’ I’m exaggerating. They got a LOT right and a ton of things that other manufacturers miss entirely.

But seriously- interior lighting should not be an issue in 2023. It’s not like this was their first motor vehicle… they just didn’t do it.

There are many many posts of people frustrated with small things. It’s easy to write those off on a case by case basis. But taken in totality it’s hard to defend.

I will say that for me, and I suspect many, we accept that the platform has so much potential going for it that we view it as a jumping off point not a finished product. I live and play in some seriously tough country and have never owned a vehicle that remained stock.

But glove box lighting????

Fwiw we are fortunate to have so many aftermarket options. And this dumb Mabett roof light is actually good. It’s price gouging for sure, but you are paying for the quick install, decent finished look that matches the interior, and final lighting effectiveness (which is decent). The engineering and design are very smart. There are so many things to do to a Bronco (as we agree on) that who the hell wants to spend time running wiring for an interior roof light? I don’t. Some will, and have. Just not worth my time or effort.

When I post my build it will be focused on how I got the result that I wanted the fastest and cheapest where possible. If I’m spending extra I plan to explain the reason why I thought it was worth it.

Mabett $100~ light= 5 min surgery, plug/play, zero bullshit, matches interior and solves the problem. No wiring harnesses or electrical. No occupation of Aux switches. No drilling or panel removal. Fixes Ford’s stupidity. Onto the next one…

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry yes. There are three lights total. And yeah the tape provided looked like it was inset to the point the stick didnt actually make contact with the trim piece.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many many posts of people frustrated with small things. It’s easy to write those off on a case by case basis. But taken in totality it’s hard to defend.
One of the truest comments I've ever seen on these forums was something like "My wife keeps asking why my 'fully loaded' Bronco needs all of these parts".

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the truest comments I've ever seen on these forums was something like "My wife keeps asking why my 'fully loaded' Bronco needs all of these parts".
I assume you never owned a Jeep then! :ROFLMAO: When I had my TJ buying "these parts" were justified becuase it was an older vehicle. I could see how this could be questioned on a new vehicle. I figure I don't ask why she needs the Imelda Marcos shoe collection, so she should not ask me about what I do with my mistress, er I mean Bronco! ;)

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked Amazon and the status for the light is "Currently Unavailable". " We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." I guess you snooze you lose!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just checked Amazon and the status for the light is "Currently Unavailable". " We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." I guess you snooze you lose!
Guess they don't need to discount when they sell 'em!

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it helps anyone when they are back in stock, I recorded an install video for the Mabett light last weekend. To me it made a great deal of difference compared to the OEM light in there. Hopefully this video helps:

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Posting to get notifications on next round of stock.
Sponsored