Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the cable along each edge installed correctly? The edges should be so tight that you can’t stick a fingernail between the edge of the cloth and rollbar. Mine had less wind noise than my hardtop did.
How do you tighten?
Sponsored

CJD100

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don’t. If it’s installed correctly it will be very tight
The sunrider is super loud. There are fixes out there with weatherstripping and whatnot. Trying to find those fixes

Hondo76

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have any pictures of the skyrider in black diamond (vinyl)? It's a little less expensive and in theory matches the hardtop a little better than the twill. Thanks in advance!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good question! Its been so cold and wet here in SC, I havent found a whole day to do the install outside! I hope right after Easter! When i was in the OBX a couple weeks ago, it was too cold to even take the hard top off! Soon. I'm sure hoping I can lay the Skyrider right back onto the TrailRax half rak!

20230309_141235.jpg
Any updates? I'm really hoping to find a modular rack that I can leave the rear half on with a Skyrider.

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates? I'm really hoping to find a modular rack that I can leave the rear half on with a Skyrider.
We haven't confirmed fitment with a Skyrider yet.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

FLEverglades

Everglades
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hey, my new Skyrider is flapping on the passenger side while driving. I just purchased/installed on 2023 Everglades and have no issues on drivers side. Any suggestions?

IMG_4606.jpeg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey, my new Skyrider is flapping on the passenger side while driving. I just purchased/installed on 2023 Everglades and have no issues on drivers side. Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Installed our Bestop Skyrider for Hardtop IMG_4606
The retention cable isn’t installed correctly. It should be so tight that you can’t slide a fingernail between the fabric and the body.

Sponsored

mispagel1

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the cable along each edge installed correctly? The edges should be so tight that you can’t stick a fingernail between the edge of the cloth and rollbar. Mine had less wind noise than my hardtop did.
I have the same issue with road noise that @Tanya_OBX has. Notice I said road noise, not wind noise. The Skyrider is perhaps quieter than the hardtop from a wind noise perspective (think the whooshing sound of air moving, like when your window is cracked). However, the road/tire noise, especially the noise of other cars nearby going down the highway is very loud. It is like it is a different frequency that is not at all dampened by the Skyrider top that is dampened by the hardtop. I am switching back to the hardtop for the hot summer months in TX, and will go back when it cools off enough to justify the noise.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue with road noise that @Tanya_OBX has. Notice I said road noise, not wind noise. The Skyrider is perhaps quieter than the hardtop from a wind noise perspective (think the whooshing sound of air moving, like when your window is cracked). However, the road/tire noise, especially the noise of other cars nearby going down the highway is very loud. It is like it is a different frequency that is not at all dampened by the Skyrider top that is dampened by the hardtop. I am switching back to the hardtop for the hot summer months in TX, and will go back when it cools off enough to justify the noise.
I haven't noticed this so much but, now, I've had the SkyRider on for quite a while. I do remember at first expecting there to be a lot of noise and being pleasantly surprised so my expectations may have set me up for a good experience. I did hate having the doors off so definitely a little sensitive to the road noise; however, doors off is pretty much max noise.

Do you have Twill or Vinyl? Just curious if that could make a difference.

mispagel1

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't noticed this so much but, now, I've had the SkyRider on for quite a while. I do remember at first expecting there to be a lot of noise and being pleasantly surprised so my expectations may have set me up for a good experience. I did hate having the doors off so definitely a little sensitive to the road noise; however, doors off is pretty much max noise.

Do you have Twill or Vinyl? Just curious if that could make a difference.
I've got the twill.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got the twill.
Same here so I guess not a difference.

Just one more thing: This time of year, I'm running the A/C with the fan so loud, I'm not sure I'd hear much road noise anyway. You mentioned the TX heat. The road noise is even bothersome over the fan noise? I suppose, in the a.m., I may not be running it so loud.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am buying the Bestop but would like that back rack with someone. Anyone try it lmk as Bestop says no.
Sponsored