First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been meaning to put a set of lights in the spare, tried multiple different lights that didn't fit. Ended up with a free set of Morimoto 4bangers. They aren't the ideal beam pattern but will work for now. I wired them utilizing the factory wire ran to the rear QT panel hooked to AUX3.

Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221221_174924
Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221221_200110
Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221221_201048
Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221221_201040

I also grabbed a small surface mount light, which is the size of most "rock lights" I mounted it under the factory cargo light and tapped Into the factory rear dome lamp.

Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221221_194635
Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221221_195504
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bright lights!!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! For the lights you mounted in the spare, did you have to screw your own holes into the tire mount, or are there already some screws there? Thank you.

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! For the lights you mounted in the spare, did you have to screw your own holes into the tire mount, or are there already some screws there? Thank you.
I had to drill holes in the spare mount and bolt the lights on with supplied hardware.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wired them utilizing the factory wire ran to the rear QT panel hooked to AUX3.
Can you post a picture of where and how you tied into the factory wire? Thanks

Also, do you have fog lights installed, or is that just your headlights? Looks like some nice coverage from the photo.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Think both turned out great. The pods fit perfect in the dimples on the spare tire carrier. Benefit is that you didn't have to pay for a bracket with the associate Bronco Tax. I've seen other aftermarket options that mount a bracket outside of the wheel above the camera which is a problem in the event of an emergency needing access to the spare tire. The problem in that scenario can be overcome by unmounting the bracket/lights, but it is just another layer to overcome in a scenario that doesn't need additional problems.

I'd be interested to see more on the cargo light and how you mounted/wired it. Can it be turned on/off independently of the rear cargo light?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks great! Nice and clean, and no additional mounting bracket needed! Love it!

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you post a picture of where and how you tied into the factory wire? Thanks

Also, do you have fog lights installed, or is that just your headlights? Looks like some nice coverage from the photo.
I'm not going to pull it apart again, but if you follow installs on this forum or on YouTube you can find the location of all the AUX wires. It was a white with a orange stripe behind the right rear quarter panel. It's a blunt cut wire, I just used a shrink butt connector.

I have factory fog lights in my stock plastic bumper.

Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221216_144806

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not going to pull it apart again, but if you follow installs on this forum or on YouTube you can find the location of all the AUX wires. It was a white with a orange stripe behind the right rear quarter panel. It's a blunt cut wire, I just used a shrink butt connector.

Ford Bronco Installed rear white lighting and additional cargo light 20221216_144806
Ahh, so it was an Aux wire. I thought you tapped into the factory wire harness. I'm looking to run rear lights from the factory fog switch.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful shot of your truck, great setting, and the light is just right. Suitable for framing.
Sponsored