Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered my bronco without any steps as I was planning on installing AMPs like put on my F250s. H, when I saw the Rock Slide Engineering step sliders on Motoroso's youtube, I knew that I wanted them for the extra protection over the AMPs, so I ordered them from Motoroso.

The installation was pretty easy. I did mix up the 2nd & last brackets, so that set me back a bit. The other part that hung me up was that my Wildtrak had a plastic piece on the rear wheel wells that had to be removed, which was not addressed in the instructions.

Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1874

There were three long screws & 1 push pin per side. After removing the part, I reinstalled the mounting hardware for safekeeping.

I installed the sliders, the door delete kit, the lights & the skidplates.

Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1863
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1864

I found it best to go ahead & remove the plastic trim on the pillar between the doors as it allowed me to have the most room to clean up the wires & run the door delete wire under the carpet & up by the seat mounting point to keep the cables hidden.

Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1883

To help me align the magnet to the switch, I ran some blue painter's tape perpendicular to the switch out the door onto the step. Then I closed the door & ran a piece on the door, but left some hanging off the end. This allowed me to see exactly where the magnet needed to be installed.

Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1894
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1895
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1898

Here are some pictures of the finished results (I have not installed the skids yet as I want to retorque the bolts after driving it a bit)

Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1884
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1886
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1887
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1888
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1890
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1891
Ford Bronco Installed Rock Slide Engineering step slider IMG_1892

All & in all, I am thrilled with them. These SAS tires throw rocks so severely, so I am glad to have all the coverage. They stick out about as wide as SAS flares, making them semi-in-the-way when getting in/out, but I would do it if I had it to do over again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my bronco without any steps as I was planning on installing AMPs like put on my F250s. Still, when I saw the Rock Slide Engineering step sliders on Motoroso's youtube, I knew that I wanted them for the extra protection over the AMPs.

The installation was pretty easy. I did mix up the 2nd & last brackets, so that set me back a bit. The other part that hung me up was that my Wildtrak had a plastic piece on the rear wheel wells that had to be removed, which was not addressed in the instructions.

There were three long screws & 1 push pin per side. After removing the part, I reinstalled the mounting hardware for safekeeping.

I installed the sliders, the door delete kit, the lights & the skidplates.

I found it best to go ahead & remove the plastic trim on the pillar between the doors as it allowed me to have the most room to clean up the wires & run the door delete wire under the carpet & up by the seat mounting point to keep the cables hidden.

To help me align the magnet to the switch, I ran some blue painter's tape perpendicular to the switch out the door onto the step. Then I closed the door & ran a piece on the door, but left some hanging off the end. This allowed me to see exactly where the magnet needed to be installed.

Here are some pictures of the finished results (I have not installed the skids yet as I want to retorque the bolts after driving it a bit)

All & in all, I am thrilled with them. These SAS tires throw rocks so severely, so I am glad to have all the coverage. They stick out about as wide as SAS flares, making them semi-in-the-way when getting in/out, but I would do it if I had it to do over again.
I installed mine about five weeks ago, the day after I got my truck. I love them.

SquatchLife

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 15 F150 10F250 15Flex 70 Bronco 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who have had these a while, do they seem to help with the rock throwing carnage on the sasquatch? 500 miles on mine today and its already covered in chips!

OP
OP
puckett_jw

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those who have had these a while, do they seem to help with the rock throwing carnage on the sasquatch? 500 miles on mine today and its already covered in chips!
YES! That is the primary reason I installed. Love them & would do it again.

Last edited:

SquatchLife

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 15 F150 10F250 15Flex 70 Bronco 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the post! I Purchased and installed the RSE steps and love them! The only problem I had is that when I installed them there was a gap between them and the body at the front- upon close inspection I found that the black "shim" they have you install at the front of the pinch weld was not allowing the step to seat fully against the pinch weld. I call them and they told me that may be a problem on some and that should be removed or trimmed as it is there only for appearance. I removed the shim and got a very nice even fit afterward. Other then that the install was surprisingly easy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the photos I see it looks like the rock sliders are a little short and leave a few inch gap at the front near the front wheel?

OP
OP
puckett_jw

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All the photos I see it looks like the rock sliders are a little short and leave a few inch gap at the front near the front wheel?
Yes, there is a small gap.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed mine about two weeks ago. Install was pretty straight forward and magnet alignment was super easy. I'm still getting used to getting in/out with them. Most importantly my wife really likes them.
Sponsored