Sponsored

Installed Rough Country 3.5 Ditch Lights with Amber Daytime Running Lamps.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi,

Installed the Rough Country 3.5" round ditch lights this weekend. Figured I would try these before spending 2-4x more on other options.

First, they have 2 versions. A universal kit for 89.95:

https://www.roughcountry.com/3-5-inch-black-series-led-lights-70900.html

And a Bronco specific kit for 109.95:

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...ml?find=2023-ford-bronco--2-door--4wd-1003420

I made the mistake of buying the bronco specific kit. The only difference is the plastic spacer they provide with the Bronco kit. So, you're paying $20 for 2 plastic bushings. I didn't even use the bushings because they sat too high and that in turn caused the factory screw to not engage enough threads when installing the mounting bracket. I just used several small plastic washers from Ace, and a larger one on top of that to keep the bracket from touching the factory trim panel.

The lights come with a nice harness that does not require upfitter switches. I have the switches, so cut the harness and wired the two white wires for the ditch lights to switch 3 and the two blue wires to switch 4 for the DRL's. I pigtailed the 2 black wires and grounded them on the firewall:

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country 3.5 Ditch Lights with Amber Daytime Running Lamps. 1682902082959

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country 3.5 Ditch Lights with Amber Daytime Running Lamps. 1682902158016

Here's the Ditch lights at dusk:

The DRL's:

And the Ditch lights at night:
Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country 3.5 Ditch Lights with Amber Daytime Running Lamps. 1682902861721

Overall, very happy with them. The quality is great, and the price seems fair.

D.
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have these as well and really like them and the dual function. Have had them for a few months now with no issues.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just did mine yesterday along with a set of grill marker lights. I did get the set with the spacers. My bolts were long enough for them. Also pretty impressed.

IMG_7719.jpeg

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I purchased the Rigid lights @ 3600 lumens, and these were 3200. I've seen some as high as 7000, so wasn't sure if they would be bright enough. Just returned the Rigids.

They're plenty bright. For me, just a security feature in case I get held up once it starts getting dark. Headed to the Shawnee National Forest next month, and Moab later this summer.

Only thing left is a compact cooler, my big one takes up too much space in the 2 door, and a portable recovery device that's not my ratcheting comealong!

Last edited:

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have them also and like a lot. I think very good for the price. I think the white is plenty bright also.
Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country 3.5 Ditch Lights with Amber Daytime Running Lamps. 20230320_223929

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am glad I found this post. I ordered these same lights yesterday. I wasn't sure how good they were going to be. I figured if I didn't like them I could send them back. By the looks of yours I think I will be happy with them.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am glad I found this post. I ordered these same lights yesterday. I wasn't sure how good they were going to be. I figured if I didn't like them I could send them back. By the looks of yours I think I will be happy with them.
👍I think you will not be disappointed. 😎

DOUBLED16

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just did mine yesterday along with a set of grill marker lights. I did get the set with the spacers. My bolts were long enough for them. Also pretty impressed.

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country 3.5 Ditch Lights with Amber Daytime Running Lamps. 20230320_223929
Where did you get your grille marker lights? The only thing I can't stand with my OBX is the grille.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did you get your grille marker lights? The only thing I can't stand with my OBX is the grille.
I ordered these from Amazon

Used spare plastic from mudflaps, heated and bent them. mounted the light to plastic, plastic to the grill and wire away.

cbol

Outer Banks
First Name
Candler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi,

Installed the Rough Country 3.5" round ditch lights this weekend. Figured I would try these before spending 2-4x more on other options.

First, they have 2 versions. A universal kit for 89.95:

https://www.roughcountry.com/3-5-inch-black-series-led-lights-70900.html

And a Bronco specific kit for 109.95:

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...ml?find=2023-ford-bronco--2-door--4wd-1003420

I made the mistake of buying the bronco specific kit. The only difference is the plastic spacer they provide with the Bronco kit. So, you're paying $20 for 2 plastic bushings. I didn't even use the bushings because they sat too high and that in turn caused the factory screw to not engage enough threads when installing the mounting bracket. I just used several small plastic washers from Ace, and a larger one on top of that to keep the bracket from touching the factory trim panel.

The lights come with a nice harness that does not require upfitter switches. I have the switches, so cut the harness and wired the two white wires for the ditch lights to switch 3 and the two blue wires to switch 4 for the DRL's. I pigtailed the 2 black wires and grounded them on the firewall:

Here's the Ditch lights at dusk:

The DRL's:

And the Ditch lights at night:

Overall, very happy with them. The quality is great, and the price seems fair.

D.
Has anyone wired these lights to be used with highbeam and normal DRL? Basically eliminating the purpose of the switch.
Sponsored