Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who was this directed at? If me, I don't have a sub on the swing gate, just the factory B&O
LOL Sorry I wasn't paying attention. I saw a red bronco and assumed it was yours. It was @tcamp that posted a picture with the rear door sub.
Sponsored

tcamp

Badlands
First Name
Todd Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL Sorry I wasn't paying attention. I saw a red bronco and assumed it was yours. It was @tcamp that posted a picture with the rear door sub.
It’s a JL 12TW3 mounted in the MTI enclosure. I’m very happy with it sounds really good. There’s Hushmat on the rear gate so nothing rattles at all

6ADDF576-771F-4757-B21B-793CD4083690.jpeg

01F9E9FD-522F-4FCB-AFB9-EB16BF3FFD25.jpeg

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. What is the weight? Do you feed it's adding any stress on your hinges?

tcamp

Badlands
First Name
Todd Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing. What is the weight? Do you feed it's adding any stress on your hinges?
I’m not sure actual weight but it doesn’t seem to bad on the gate

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
anyone buy the SSV pods empty and put it your own speakers? SSV said their grills only work with the speakers they sell. That sound right?

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
anyone buy the SSV pods empty and put it your own speakers? SSV said their grills only work with the speakers they sell. That sound right?

Just got some. Did matting myself yesterday and going to use hertz speakers in them

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought mine unloaded. You would need to buy 6.5" speakers that come with grilles, but I see SSV also sells their grilles as an option. Whether they fit with your chosen speaker will be hit or miss I suppose. I used Focal 165 ISU 6.5"s in mine and I'm more than pleased with them for fitment and sound. The ICU's do not come with grilles, but I have another set of Focals 6.5"s I'm installing in my Shelby that came with grilles, but are not needed in the mustang install. So, I used the grilles that came with those speakers in the SSV pod. I also have the 4" Focal ICU 100's in the front dash. My truck has the B&O system.

Getting to the screws on the top of the roll bar are a challenge with a hard top, but doable. Just get them loosened a turn or two and you can unscrew the screws the rest of the way with your fingers. Same to reinstall. The tighter you can get them with your fingers, the less you'll have to fight with the torx bit.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can anyone detail exactly what needs to be done in Forscan after the install?

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this has already been asked but I haven't seen a confirmatory answer yet: Has anyone been able to check and see if these interfere with on-board storage of doors (or roof panels), or if all fit without issue? Thanks.

Sponsored

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got my 2DR unloaded pods delivered today. They seem to be pretty nice quality wise. They are packaged well and appear to have everything needed. As others mentioned unloaded pods don't have grills. It will be a bit before I install as I haven't quite settled on exactly how I'm going to configure everything so I don't have speakers yet. I just thought I'd put this out there to let folks know they are shipping.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone with the B&O system installed the SSV pods (with a 6.5 speaker) ?

I know that there is a way using Forscan, for a NON B&O system to increase the output level to the rear pods, is there also a way to do this for the B&O system, as well?

I will someday do an Amp, sub upgrade etc etc.... but for now would like to know if there is any benefit to installing the SSV pods/6.5" speakers or is it a waste of time, for an otherwise stock B&O system?

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone with the B&O system installed the SSV pods (with a 6.5 speaker) ?

I know that there is a way using Forscan, for a NON B&O system to increase the output level to the rear pods, is there also a way to do this for the B&O system, as well?

I will someday do an Amp, sub upgrade etc etc.... but for now would like to know if there is any benefit to installing the SSV pods/6.5" speakers or is it a waste of time, for an otherwise stock B&O system?
I have B&O and the pods.

I've also not seen a way to increase output with the B&O system, but the pods were at least an improvement over stock.